Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Free Kyle Rittenhouse
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 97
| visibility 1

Free Kyle Rittenhouse

Sep 22, 2020, 10:51 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Free Kyle Rittenhouse

Sep 22, 2020, 11:12 PM

oh yeah, he is your hero right? i can buy self defense, but he never should have been there with a loaded AR to begin with, multiple laws broken here. his parents should be sitting in jail as well, they are responsible for his actions.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2020, 11:13 PM

Sep 22, 2020, 11:17 PM

his poor decisions caused those deaths. Under no circumstance is it appropriate for a 17 year to wander the streets protecting businesses with a loaded rifle. It was utter stupidity on his part, but he was just a kid and any adults involved in this need to charged, including the officers that threw him water bottles.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2020, 11:24 PM

Sep 23, 2020, 12:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Free Kyle Rittenhouse ]

But the rioters deciding to riot and try to kill anyone there to stop them, those aren’t the bad decisions we should focus on. The ones that created the whole situation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Interesting that they know who (some of) those people are

Sep 23, 2020, 3:24 PM

and none of them have been charged with anything.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2020, 11:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Free Kyle Rittenhouse ]

The rioters only got pi$$ed when he tried to put out their arsonist fires. He should have let the fires burn. But of course if one of the rioters had burned to death in the fire, the Kenosha Fire Chief would be the one indicted for murder.

They reaped what they sowed!!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2020, 4:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Free Kyle Rittenhouse ]

MY ONLY REGRET IS HE ONLY WENT 2-3 BUT AT LEAST THE OTHER TERRORIST WILL BE CALLED LEFTY FROM HERE ON OUT. NOT SURPRISING THAT SOME OF YOU LIBS WANT THE KID STRUNG UP FOR HELPING TO PROTECT PEOPLES PROPERTY. VERY SAD ACTUALLY.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jesus Christ, it is disturbing psychopaths like you roam free***

Sep 28, 2020, 3:12 PM

Sep 22, 2020, 11:34 PM

Reckless endangerment at best

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Abolish Qualified Immunity

Shut the hail uP TigerBalm1!!

Sep 22, 2020, 11:45 PM

Fed up with your bias reasoning! Stop being a righteous prickk & saying what you’d do and what someone else shouldn’t have done!

Come’on Man.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For someone who's always talking about BIden having dementia

Sep 23, 2020, 3:21 AM

you sure do reply to the wrong poster a lot on here.

Sep 23, 2020, 12:20 AM

thats the 1st video of this particular view

heres my take.
the 1st guy chasing him down: i'm not sure a self defense argument will fly. The reason is they are gonna have to make a case for being pursued, and turning and gunning the guy down. The gun went off and he thought the guy was shooting at him? But did he have a gun in hand?

the other guys attacking him, theres more of a case, for self defense. Although I heard/read that some of those guys thought there was an active shooter, acting without knowing specifics of what happened earlier

this is a sad case for all involved and goes to show why kids shouldn't be armed with assault weapons.

LOL at “assault weapons”***

Sep 23, 2020, 12:21 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Skip the semantics...How often do you walk the streets with

Sep 23, 2020, 12:24 AM

an AR-15...?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LOL at “assault weapons”***

Sep 23, 2020, 12:28 AM [ in reply to LOL at “assault weapons”*** ]

glad you found humor in that

Sep 23, 2020, 12:32 AM

Just shows the effectiveness of the brain washing by the media.

In this case, they came up light... It's a "murder weapon".***

Sep 23, 2020, 12:34 AM

Sep 23, 2020, 12:34 AM [ in reply to Re: LOL at “assault weapons”*** ]

is is a matter of semantics really. I don't care what you call it, that kid should not have had it

Sep 23, 2020, 12:42 AM

He went there wanting to be Billy Bad-axx...Charged w/murder

Sep 23, 2020, 12:48 AM

Or maybe he could have stayed at home...

Re: He went there wanting to be Billy Bad-axx...Charged w/murder

Sep 23, 2020, 12:50 AM

So where does the AR come in...?***

Sep 23, 2020, 12:54 AM

Re: So where does the AR come in...?***

Sep 23, 2020, 1:03 AM

So he was there to be confrontational... as a citizen?

Sep 23, 2020, 1:10 AM

I, in no way, condone the rioting or looting or property destruction, but armed vigilantes isn't the answer...

He's a want-a-be cop trying to get an early start...

Re: So he was there to be confrontational... as a citizen?

Sep 23, 2020, 1:16 AM

Sep 23, 2020, 12:52 AM [ in reply to Re: LOL at “assault weapons”*** ]

I disagree that it's all self defense, and I think a jury might too. That is in the sense that he feared for his life and needed to use lethal force. They will get their chance tho. Its more likely he heard a gunshot and panicked and pulled the trigger

Sep 23, 2020, 12:55 AM

Sep 23, 2020, 1:01 AM

well I ain't chasing anybody or playing vigilante street possy sh!t...
but if you did that to someone, then you and Mr Rittenhouse can be cell-mates

Or you walk up to me with an AR, I "feel" threatened, and

Sep 23, 2020, 1:03 AM [ in reply to Re: LOL at “assault weapons”*** ]

end you on the spot.

I'm just 'standing my ground'... It's all a matter of interpretation.

Again, he was there to be Billy Bad-axx...

Re: Or you walk up to me with an AR, I "feel" threatened, and

Sep 23, 2020, 1:09 AM

Are you referring to 9/11...? Your cognitive dissonance is

Sep 23, 2020, 1:13 AM

showing...

Re: Or you walk up to me with an AR, I "feel" threatened, and

Sep 23, 2020, 1:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Or you walk up to me with an AR, I "feel" threatened, and ]

I think its you who needs to learn the law. For a "law & order" guy, you seem to disregard it often

So he went and interjected himself into a 'riot' w/ an AR...

Sep 23, 2020, 1:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Or you walk up to me with an AR, I "feel" threatened, and ]

Nothing could go wrong there...

I’m done

Sep 23, 2020, 1:20 AM

So you admit it was a "false flag"...?***

Sep 23, 2020, 1:22 AM

What the hell?

Sep 23, 2020, 12:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Or you walk up to me with an AR, I "feel" threatened, and ]

You accuse people of going on feelings and not the law and in the same sentence gloss over the fact that the kid wasn't legally carrying that gun because your feelings make it seem okay to you since he was only a few months too young.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The legal age is also part of the point.

Sep 23, 2020, 1:07 PM

Which T3 and others want to summarily dismiss.

The fact that he was willingly breaking the law with an illegal firearm already eliminates much, if not all, of the self defense claim. He knew he was breaking the law and did it anyway to insert himself into a hostile and violent situation. He entered to be a combatant. You don't get to argue self defense when you do that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

I find it interesting that

Sep 23, 2020, 2:54 PM

When George Floyd was murdered by a police officer, people stated that "if he hasn't broken the law he wouldn't have died".

Amazingly, when a 17 year old illegally carrying a loaded weapon murders someone else, it's no big deal that he was breaking the law.

Re: I find it interesting that

Sep 23, 2020, 3:09 PM

I think they would counter with that if the guys who attacked the 17 year old had not broken the law they would still be alive too.

I don't recall anyone here saying that.

Sep 23, 2020, 3:28 PM [ in reply to I find it interesting that ]

I remember everyone saying the cop was wrong to have put a knee on Floyd's neck until he died.

Take your stupid chit somewhere so the stink doesn't stand out. An antifa/BLM rally would work.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't recall anyone here saying that.

Sep 23, 2020, 3:44 PM

Nope, there were people here defending what happened because Floyd was breaking the law. Granted, they were the more whackadoodle posters, but they were.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

What's the penalty for underage carry in an open carry state

Sep 23, 2020, 3:25 PM [ in reply to What the hell? ]

?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know...

Sep 23, 2020, 3:34 PM

I don't really care, it has no bearing on my point that he should be charged with and convicted of reckless homicide.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't know...

Sep 23, 2020, 3:40 PM

In Wisconsin you can protect yourself using lethal force if you are under the threat of great bodily harm. That doesn't count if you committing a crime of course. The only way he will get convicted is if the gun law makes it illegal to protect himself etc etc. Other than that possibility, there isnt a strong chance he will be convicted.

It's a Mister Meaner.***

Sep 23, 2020, 4:45 PM [ in reply to What's the penalty for underage carry in an open carry state ]

Hooray murder!!!***

Sep 23, 2020, 1:28 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Being pro law and order, I support the DAs investigation...

Sep 23, 2020, 9:39 AM

if required, a Grand Jury and if necessary, a jury of peers to determine verdict in all three cases.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, but he shouldn't be charged with murder.

Sep 23, 2020, 11:58 AM

He should be charged with involuntary manslaughter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

On what specific grounds and why isn’t it self-defense?

Sep 23, 2020, 12:01 PM

I'd charge him with negligent/reckless homicide...

Sep 23, 2020, 12:05 PM

His very first act of recklessness was being where he was when he was holding a frigging gun.

Second act of recklessness was in approaching a crowd carrying a weapon he wasn't legally carrying.

He should not have been there.

He had no business being there carrying anything...

Sep 23, 2020, 12:16 PM

but a medkit and a fire extinguisher. However, had he not been carrying a weapon he might be dead.

If you charged him with reckless homicide my defense would be evidence that he was retreating when he fired that weapon and feared for his life being that those attacking him had weapons including bats and guns.

I would charge him with carrying a weapon which wasn't legal and be almost assured of a conviction.

Agreed. He had every right to shoot those people who were

Sep 23, 2020, 12:26 PM

attacking him with potentially deadly force. Why wouldn't he?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Love it.

Sep 23, 2020, 12:56 PM

Approach a group of people with a gun trying to intimidate them. They proceed to whoop your ass. You shoot them.

Biggest pussy move I can think of. Reminds me of George Zimmerman.

Re: Love it.

Sep 23, 2020, 1:01 PM

George Zimmerman was different imo. The kid didn't know Zimmerman was carrying and was so willing to shoot. Those other dudes attacked a guy carrying an AR right in front of them. Pretty stupid to do that.

The fact that they were stupid is indisputable.

Sep 23, 2020, 1:14 PM

They knew a guy had a gun, and they chased him and attacked him. Forced him to defend himself and paid for it. Total Idiots. You couldn't be bigger fools. But what would you expect from people doing what they were doing.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Where was the part where he approached them trying to

Sep 23, 2020, 1:09 PM [ in reply to Love it. ]

intimidate them?

- H. L. Mencken

Except that’s not what happened

Sep 23, 2020, 3:03 PM [ in reply to Love it. ]

Re: Agreed. He had every right to shoot those people who were

Sep 23, 2020, 1:00 PM [ in reply to Agreed. He had every right to shoot those people who were ]

If this exact thing happened but with an Antifa/BLM guy, y'all would be calling to put him under the jail.

It's partisan support. That's it.

Nope***

Sep 23, 2020, 1:10 PM

- H. L. Mencken

Sep 23, 2020, 1:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Agreed. He had every right to shoot those people who were ]

Cat..I think he should he get off and I am a Dem. I wish he could have got a few more of them. F em.

Sep 23, 2020, 2:46 PM

Then you're wrong, too. Doesn't matter about political party. You walk into a volatile situation willingly, armed to the teeth--illegaly--, you are looking to become a combatant. Thus, self defense is out the window.

That, and the Wisconsin laws don't support Rittenhouse in this situation.

Sep 23, 2020, 2:52 PM

I hope he gets off. You attack a guy with an AR15 you deserve to get shot. He should only be charged for the gun and nothing else. More than likely he will get off of the 1st degree homicide. I think he gets off the reckless homicide as well. Hung jury at worst.

Sep 23, 2020, 2:58 PM

He didn't even have a right to carry that gun, much less use it.

He's 17.

Sep 23, 2020, 3:19 PM

I think he will convicted of a gun charge the misdemeanor. I think he gets off on the others.

He certainly did have a right to use it.***

Sep 23, 2020, 4:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Agreed. He had every right to shoot those people who were ]

- H. L. Mencken

How come all the other people...

Sep 23, 2020, 12:59 PM [ in reply to He had no business being there carrying anything... ]

Like him who were there without guns didn't wind up dead?

Because they weren't quite as stupid as these fools.***

Sep 23, 2020, 1:16 PM

- H. L. Mencken

Let's try this again.

Sep 23, 2020, 2:44 PM

88 said Rittenhouse would have wound up dead if he didn't have a gun? Why?

There were people of his mindset there who weren't armed, and they didn't get attacked or killed. Why not?

We don't know, but feel free to make up your own story.

Sep 23, 2020, 4:57 PM

Here's what we actually know: Rittenhouse was running away. He was chased down and cornered - then he shot. Then he ran away and was chased again, whereupon he fell, was viciously attacked, and fired the gun again. And yes, he appears to have been guilty of a misdemeanor, illegal possession of a firearm by a minor.

- H. L. Mencken

I don't need to make up a story.

Sep 23, 2020, 5:51 PM

88 claimed he would have died. Yet, all the like-minded people out there didn't die. So no, the safe assumption is Rittenhouse would not have died without his gun.

Re: I don't need to make up a story.

Sep 23, 2020, 5:56 PM

The didn't put out fires started by Anfifa and BLM.

Sep 23, 2020, 3:23 PM [ in reply to How come all the other people... ]

The initial confrontation started with Kyle putting out a fire which was started by the first guy Kyle shot. He pursued Kyle and cornered him up between a couple cars on the parking lot that were subjects of the BLM rage.

After putting that radical down Kyle ran toward police to report the incident when the BLM/antifa crowd knocked him down and attacked him with a skateboard and a pistol both of which are clearly seen in the frame shots from the video.

You ought to watch the video before further comment. It's all what you see not what you hear.

Re: The didn't put out fires started by Anfifa and BLM.

Sep 23, 2020, 3:46 PM

I've watched the videos many times. He deserves to go to prison.

1. He wouldn't have died without the gun. This is a false assumption on your part.

2. This is evidenced by the fact no one else died on his side.

Re: The didn't put out fires started by Anfifa and BLM.

Sep 23, 2020, 4:05 PM

Was in danger of great bodily harm though? That's all one needs a jury to believe in Wisconsin.

That's like saying you'd defend a drunk driver for reckless

Sep 23, 2020, 2:49 PM [ in reply to He had no business being there carrying anything... ]

homicide by pointing out that he was trying to jump out of the car when it ran over the dead person so he wasn't really driving anymore.

His recklessness was in bringing an illegal firearm to a dangerous place and approaching a dangerous crowd carrying the gun. I'm pretty sure I'd get that conviction and I can only assume they don't have a similar charge where Kyle is being indicted. Of course, it could actually be a lesser included offense of what they did charge him with, so still available for a conviction later.

He might have ended up dead? You're so full of it

Sep 23, 2020, 2:56 PM [ in reply to He had no business being there carrying anything... ]

The only person carrying lethal force was the kid with an illegal weapon.

You're speculating. It's a very bad look.

Re: He might have ended up dead? You're so full of it

Sep 23, 2020, 4:09 PM

Re: I'd charge him with negligent/reckless homicide...

Sep 23, 2020, 3:09 PM [ in reply to I'd charge him with negligent/reckless homicide... ]

I didn't say he was too young to be there...

Sep 23, 2020, 3:11 PM

I said he was too young to be there holding and brandishing a firearm which was a reckless act that led to the death of two people.

Re: I didn't say he was too young to be there...

Sep 23, 2020, 3:25 PM

He has no business being there with an assault rifle...

Sep 23, 2020, 3:32 PM

if he had been there at all it would be stupid as hell, but he would not be guilty of reckless homicide without the gun. And not just because he shot someone - the act of carrying the gun around illegally is reckless.

You're misquoting people.

Sep 23, 2020, 3:49 PM [ in reply to Re: I didn't say he was too young to be there... ]

And probably intentionally.

Nobody said he didn't have a right to be there.

The argument is that since he came from out of state, he willingly inserted himself into the conflict, and he armed himself illegally in doing so, he actively sought confrontation and thus cannot use self defense as an argument.

He wanted a fight.

Re: You're misquoting people.

Sep 23, 2020, 4:50 PM

Re: You're misquoting people.

Sep 23, 2020, 5:55 PM

What part of he has every right to be there as a US Citizen, especially on private property, do you not understand?

Nobody. Is. Arguing. He. Didn't. Have. That. Right.

He showed zero signs of provoking anyone. The other side is on video doing it repeatedly.

Eyewitness reports claim he was provoking. He armed himself and rushed up to the protest. He was looking for a confrontation.

You can not argue that because one side is breaking the law, you don’t have a right to be somewhere, especially when you have the owner’s permission and the rioters are trespassers.

That's not my argument. And wasn't on private property when he shot people. If he was 18, I would be arguing he had a right to be there with a gun. What he didn't have is a right to be there WITH a gun.

And right to be there or not, he went there to get confrontational. Self defense is gone.

You're straw manning hard.

Sep 23, 2020, 3:43 PM [ in reply to Re: I'd charge him with negligent/reckless homicide... ]

No one said he didn't have a right. What we're saying is that if you willingly enter that situation armed like he was, you're looking for trouble and self defense is out the window.

Sep 23, 2020, 3:47 PM

Sep 23, 2020, 3:54 PM

You all keep talking about the AR and “armed like he was.” Would it have made a difference if he was carrying a .22 pistol? People seem to be extrapolating their hate for AR’s to this situation. The fact is it’s a legal weapon and apparently worked pretty well. The only issue here is his age and how that interacts with the self defense law.

No, it wouldn't have made difference. He's still illegally carrying a deadly weapon.

The fact it was an AR is irrelevant. The fact he chose to be there is irrelevant.

The fact that he's carrying an illegal firearm is relevant. The fact that he went out of his way to insert himself into the situation is relevant. The prosecutors will use these facts against him.

Also, he was illegally open carrying the gun. What if he picked the gun up and then shot those guys in self defense? Is a person under 18 ever permitted to use deadly force to save their own lives? Seems like they should have the same right to preserve their life as anyone else.

Not based on Wisconsin law, no. There isn't a stand your ground type of law. It would be a different scenario if he was at his home.

Using hypotheticals don't really work here. We know what he did.

Sep 23, 2020, 4:02 PM

Sep 23, 2020, 3:50 PM [ in reply to Re: I'd charge him with negligent/reckless homicide... ]

It doesnt throw self defense out in any way. The only thing that might hurt his case is whether the fact that he was too young to carry the gun makes it illegal to defend himself. That will be his only hurdle. The guy won't be convicted otherwise.

Sep 23, 2020, 3:55 PM

Based on Wisconsin law, it doesn't help him at all. There's a reason they have slapped five felonies on him.

When there's a clear case of self defense and the law supports it, I promise, these things don't even go to trial.

Sep 23, 2020, 4:04 PM

Sep 23, 2020, 5:53 PM

Trumpies who use the word "cuck" are the worst kind of alt-right Trumpies.

Don't use that word. It sounds childish.

Sep 23, 2020, 4:07 PM [ in reply to Re: I'd charge him with negligent/reckless homicide... ]

We will see if they can get 12 jurors to agree to convict. I am calling they will not.

Sep 23, 2020, 5:52 PM

And that very well may be so. We'll see. But it's doubtful he skirts all five felonies.

Sep 23, 2020, 12:59 PM

He already has over 500k in donations for his legal fees.

Well...yet another long-winded thread of

Sep 23, 2020, 4:57 PM

Trying to twist multiple wrongs into at least one right. Sad...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 97
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic