Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Greenville’s a little weird on the whole mask thing....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Greenville’s a little weird on the whole mask thing....

Nov 25, 2020, 10:03 AM

I’m not making a case one way or the other, just an observation, so hopefully not P&R. Over the past month I’ve spent a lot of time in TN (duh), MD, FL, and KY (The state, not the condiment).

Everywhere you go there’s a pretty clear social agreement on masks. FL and MD, heavy towards everyone wearing. KY and TN, heavy trend towards not so much. Man, Greenville though....you guys are straight up bipolar. It’s like a 50/50 split everywhere I’ve been, with maskers giving non-maskers total stink-eye and vice versa. It’s like a mini mask civil war playing out right in the city.

What gives with you weirdos?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we just follow the science...masks dont work***

Nov 25, 2020, 10:06 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Not true, my friend. Masks DO work.

Nov 25, 2020, 10:20 AM

I've yet to be identified on any armed robbery I've committed since the pandemic started.

I LOVE YOU, COVID 19!!!

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hurr durr***

Nov 25, 2020, 2:39 PM [ in reply to we just follow the science...masks dont work*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

You aren't seeing what I'm seeing.

Nov 25, 2020, 10:10 AM

I see pretty good participation in grocery stores and the home improvement centers. I see total non-compliance anywhere else.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Publix this morning was about zero percent.

Nov 25, 2020, 10:12 AM

I’m thinking it’s a reflection of where Greenville stands population-wise. You’ve got 50% locals who have always (like good South Carolinians do) given the finger towards being told to do anything, and 50% Euros and northern transplants who tend to trust the government implicitly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Furman Publix and the old Ingles by

Nov 25, 2020, 10:21 AM

Kimbrell 's furniture on White Horse road do pretty good. I haven't been to stores on the other side of town. We've been mask folks since pretty early on at my house, mostly because there isn't a good reason not to at this time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

aero with the correct answer.....

Nov 25, 2020, 10:29 AM [ in reply to You aren't seeing what I'm seeing. ]

in malls or stores where there is a high chance of a Karen or emo male yelling at you for not having a mask on, people just tend to comply to avoid a confrontation with a self-righteous, what do they call themselves - "influencer".

In a Tractor Supply or Ace Hardware, you are OK however you go. People mind their own business, they are in there to buy what they came in for and get the heck out, not "shop".

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Isn't Greenville pretty much defined by that bipolar?

Nov 25, 2020, 10:11 AM

Bob Jones and Furman vs. BMW and Michelin

Great bar scene vs. curfew

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

funny. That’s what I just replied to aero.

Nov 25, 2020, 10:14 AM

You just said it in a way that’s far more catchy and marketable. Going to hang my BS Marketing degreed head in shame.

I also possess a BS marketing degree

Nov 25, 2020, 10:15 AM

and as a professional mouthpiece, have to practice saying things the right way all the time.

It took a lawyer to come up with the answer "there were a non-zero number of observers in the room" instead of just saying yes.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Once again, amazing

Nov 25, 2020, 10:17 AM

That was an eloquent and almost imperceptible way of pointing out that you’re better than me.

Only at BS***

Nov 25, 2020, 10:57 AM

I have a BS degree and I'm good at PE!***

Nov 25, 2020, 2:39 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

I have one of those too. Never amounted to much.***

Nov 25, 2020, 10:39 AM [ in reply to funny. That’s what I just replied to aero. ]

Are you kidding me? A Clemson marketing degree is

Nov 25, 2020, 12:14 PM

fantastic at getting a sales job.

Just don't try to go into, you know, actual marketing.

A bit after I graduated, Geaubear was out and about

Nov 25, 2020, 2:21 PM

I told him I didn't think they stressed the sales aspect of it enough. My experience in sales is limited but I was never any good at it.

I pounded some beers at Keith St with Gaubert and Dorsch

Nov 25, 2020, 2:29 PM

A couple years after graduation when I went in there and they were at a table in the bar BS'ing. They were actually a pretty good hang and their tolerance levels were solid.

Wish I'd drank with more professors than Eddie Smith while I was a student....would have added a solid .3-.5 to my GPA.

I don't know that I ever caught any professors out while

Nov 25, 2020, 2:37 PM

actually a student. He was able to fake remembering my face enough. I only had him for 301. Really the only professor that knew much about me out side of class was Dr. Ward in the sociology department. One day I ran into him at that driving range across from Boscobel. He asked "Don't you have some place to be at this time on a Tuesday." I said, "Well, yeah, but you are here too so I'm a step ahead of the rest of the class.

I dunno..the HR depts at Michelin and BMW are as arrogant

Nov 25, 2020, 10:47 AM [ in reply to Isn't Greenville pretty much defined by that bipolar? ]

as the folks who graduated from Bob Jones and Furman.

Are the HR depts closer to God, too?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

depending on where you go

Nov 25, 2020, 10:13 AM

it is either 100% masks or 0% masks. Just talking about microbreweries, Fireforge Brewery is a mask place and a cool place with bands, good food and beer and they take covid seriously. Yee Haw is 0% mask free for all for patrons (masks worn by workers) where nobody gaveashit. I would have booked earlier from that place but had to get Prince's hot chicken and some of their own wings.

Florida was mostly no masks everywhere we went except for Deep Brewing which was good.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

What did you think of the chicken?

Nov 25, 2020, 11:37 AM

I didn't see the full menu so just got some fingers. It was tasty, but I think Rocky's got them beat.

their own grilled wings were delicious

Nov 25, 2020, 12:15 PM

but I dislike when they don't separate the wing pieces, also I don't need that end piece that has no meat on them

Prince's hot chicken was dank. I got the hot and it was pretty hot. They have 3 more levels above it and I am willing to try. The 2 piece dark was very good, but once again they left the thigh and leg connected for some dumb reason

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You've lost me man.....where are you?

Nov 25, 2020, 12:27 PM

I keep hearing Princes and think you're in Nashville but then everything else you're saying I'm not familiar with.

yee haw brewing in Gville

Nov 25, 2020, 12:33 PM

I think they have one in Nashville and they convinced Prince's to sell their chicken in Gville

https://greenvillejournal.com/eat-drink/reopened-yee-haw-brewing-company-brings-princes-hot-chicken-a-family-legacy-to-greenville-sc/

That's pretty freaking cool...had no idea.

Nov 25, 2020, 2:31 PM

In the 615 there are a ton of small one off places that do it amazingly well, but of the big hot chicken joints, Princes just destroys Hattie B's, even though HB's gets all the tourist press.

NC gets wierd about it at 5 tonight.

Nov 25, 2020, 10:19 AM

Crazy Roy says you have to wear them everywhere, including inside you home and car if someone not from the household is there.

So technically, I could be fined for sitting in my chair not wearing a mask while my older kiddo, who lives in Mt. Pleasant, stays with us, even if she is downstairs.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

I work in a place, in Greenville, where about 10% of

Nov 25, 2020, 10:29 AM

employees wear a mask (I'm one of 'em). We have between 100-200 walk-in customers a day, and I'd say between 1/3 and 1/2 of those wear a mask. Many of those who don't wear a mask are violently opposed to it. They "ain't gonna be controlled".

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Greenville.......

Nov 25, 2020, 10:54 AM

https://scdhec.gov/sites/default/files/media/document/COVID-19-Case-Summary-11-24-2020.pdf

https://www.thestate.com/news/coronavirus/article247399840.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ole Rock Hill/York County is right behind them. Stupid

Nov 25, 2020, 11:53 AM

stupid people.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And hence the fact that Greenville is the Covid hotspot in

Nov 25, 2020, 10:50 AM

SC.

Been in PI for almost a month and although we don't go out much, I see masks everywhere.

Headed back to Gville next week for a couple of have to appointments (docs) and probably will come back to a more caring population (and there are a lot more older folks here in PI probably).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, it's really weird... you can go into a business that has

Nov 25, 2020, 11:34 AM

signs posted out front that masks and distancing are required/suggested... and less than half the people inside are doing that. And the people that don't, seem to have this "swagger" about them and smirk at people who do comply. I've come to the conclusion that it's some sort of "southern macho thang"... look at me, by gawd, I ain't skeered!

Of course, a lot of those same people are the ones that strap on a 357 Magnum to make a 3 min run to Bi-Lo for milk. Because, you know... Simpsonville is so freakin dangerous. LOL

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

You’re a ####### ####!!! I hate you!

Nov 25, 2020, 12:21 PM

Awesome post brother. Cant get enough. How’s Nash these days?

I’ve been trying to post a ####### drunken response to this post for over an hour. I thought it was my internet. Then went mobile and thought well maybe it’s my phone. Turns out, Tnet works when Tnet wants to work. Tnet is clearly not all in.

Anyways, what were we talking about?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic