Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Grady Jarrett sat for the anthem
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Grady Jarrett sat for the anthem

Sep 24, 2017, 8:51 PM

I respect his right to do so, and will always pull for him, but I wish he had chosen differently.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Grady Jarrett sat for the anthem

Sep 24, 2017, 8:52 PM

I sadly don't. I think on the job takes precedence over anything else. If you want to make a political statement do it on your own time

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Sep 24, 2017, 8:54 PM

What a #amn shame. This thing is getting out of hand.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2017, 10:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Grady Jarrett sat for the anthem ]

Then let's do away with the Anthem, Pledge, and prayers before NFL games...really not the forum for those things anyway. The NFL is a business...I certainly don't start my work day with any of those things...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry, kneeled***

Sep 24, 2017, 8:59 PM

Sep 24, 2017, 9:06 PM

Grady was asked after the game why and his response was "I was born to a queen." That's a direct response to President Trump calling NFL players SOBs. Which he shouldn't have done. Today wasn't about unpatriotic vs patriotic it had a lot to do with the SOB line.

As far as the protests origin with Kap trying to bring attention to shootings by police I think it all lost respect when he started wearing Fidel shirts, etc. he lost credibility. What he did took owners by surprise and from their ivory towers I think they hoped it would just blow over. Well it hasn't. And President Trump fanned the flames on the campaign trail in Alabama.

My problem with the protest during the anthem is that the anthem has a protocol. Owners, by their lack of action is passively putting their approval on the disrespect to the men/women who've defended that flag, the flag itself, and the anthem. No one else would be allowed to actively protest politically at their place of employment.

But, I'm afraid with POTUS remarks, the unity forged by players and owners now, and the toothpaste being too far outta the tube you are gonna see this happen until one thing happens.

Keep the players in the locker room until after the anthem. This is the only out the NFL or owners have at this point. It was done up until 2009 evidently any way. How's a perfect time to do it again.

How in the he!! did we get to this point?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How? Gerrymandering

Sep 24, 2017, 9:27 PM

Our politics are being lead by the extremists on both sides. Very few voting districts at State and Federal level are real contests. Each side rigged a permanent seat. As a result our politics and discourse has become vulgar

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All you snowflakes had to do was ignore it. But

Sep 24, 2017, 9:17 PM

you cried and moaned about Kaep, and now he's out of the league and this thing is bigger than ever...because a bunch of babies couldn't handle an athlete kneeling.

Nice going, pansies.

Re: All you snowflakes had to do was ignore it. But

Sep 24, 2017, 9:25 PM

So what you're saying is you have no clue what you're talking about. Pretty clear, but you didn't have to explain it in so many words. We got it though.

No--I know what I'm talking about. You're marshmallow-soft

Sep 24, 2017, 9:52 PM

with a thin-skinned leader who's equally as soft. Just understand that the reason protests work is not because of the protest--it's because of the reaction of those who are being protested against. Once again, all you had to do was just ignore it. But you couldn't. And so you get a day like today, with hopefully many more days like this to follow.

If you actually have a substantive argument as to why a peaceful protest some violates your freedom or the ideals this country upholds, I'd love to hear it.

But I'm guessing you'll stick with cheap words that mean nothing, much like your thin-skinned leader, the Snowflake-in-Chief.

Players have the right to kneel, but the employers should

Sep 24, 2017, 9:22 PM

Have the right to fire them. If an employee affects the company's bottom line by their actions, then firing shouldn't be a surprise. Although, not sure if union would allow it. That is what Kap never understood. It wasn't racist that no team wanted to sign him, nobody wanted the baggage that came with him.

What you don't understand is that Kaep is laughing his butt

Sep 24, 2017, 9:55 PM

off right now. You think you solved the problem by denying him a QB job in the NFL. But today there were legitimate NFL stars exercising their right to peacefully protest, and I guarantee you, they will all have jobs next Sunday. The movement is bigger than ever.

You lost.

Are you also going to fire the owners who stood in

Sep 24, 2017, 10:00 PM [ in reply to Players have the right to kneel, but the employers should ]

solidarity with their players?

Sep 24, 2017, 9:25 PM

We got to this point because the media took us there.... Most people,, everyday people think all of this protesting and lack of respect for America,, police,,, heck-- any form of authority is silly and misguided.

We live in a great country... I don't agree with the way our current President trumpets his opinion. I definitely disagreed with almost everything the prior President stood for and articulated.

There are laws in our country that are established.. You have to abide by them if you agree with them or not. If a policeman tells you to stop.... or get down,,, you do it...To do anything outside of established law or guidelines is your choice and my parents always raised me to understand I have to live with my choices.

Sep 24, 2017, 9:44 PM

I too respect his right to express himself as best he can.. I graduated in 1950 in time to spend a year in Korea. I had three brothers who served on the battle fields of Europe and the South Pacific . I feel that we were fighting to protect the freedoms guaranteed in the Constitution, one of which is the freedom of expression. Does no one remember the flag burning during the Vietnam war? We may not like some forms that the expression takes, but don't take away a right that we have fought to protect down through the ages. Is there anyone who doubts that the free and loud public expression of opposition to the Vietnam war didn't help to bring it to a close?

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2017, 9:59 PM

Perfectly said, and thank you for your service.

I bet he wishes you were more understanding

Sep 24, 2017, 9:59 PM

of his perspective. I'm sure he'd be disappointed the fans who filled the stadium to watch him help us win games don't respect his ideas or feelings.

Guess where he became a star....

Sep 24, 2017, 10:27 PM

Funny he became a star and ran down the hill in Memorial Stadium in honor of Clemson Heros. Guess he forgot.....very disappointed !

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Guess where he became a star....

Sep 24, 2017, 11:14 PM

Then he's a POS along with the rest of them. Thats why i could care less about their careers after they leave Clemson. They are there to provide entertainment for me while at clemson. After that, dont care

I imagine he and others knelt yesterday in protest of a

Sep 25, 2017, 11:56 AM [ in reply to Guess where he became a star.... ]

race-baiting demagogue blowhard masquerading as our President trying to bully what was at the time only a small handful of protestors. To me Trump shames the anthem and the flag when he co-opts them for political points for his 'base'. THAT is more disrespectful, to me, than those few citizens who started this whole thing.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2017, 12:17 AM

Who gives a $hyatt?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2017, 2:39 AM

It is my understanding that this was started because of black people (African-American, people of color, those with darker skin pigmentation) being shot by police- see, I don't even know what is politically correct anymore. Everyone is so sensitive in this country now. Has anyone noticed that the shootings have seen to go way down in frequency since Trump became president? Is it my imagination?

It is my opinion that race relations suffered and got so much worse during the 8 years of President Obama. It is also my opinion that there are racists who are white and racists who are black. Having said that, I believe that any successor to Obama, who was white, would be held under a huge microscope and spotlight by the black community. I won't go into my reasoning bs why I believed eve that. I just mostly think that anyone replacing the first African-American president in U.S. history would be hugely disliked- unless he was black as well.

I will say this though. I love black people and I love white people. It is my prayer and hope that these dark days will pass in this country. We need to unite in this country. We have someone in North Korea wanting to blow us off the map and not is the worst time in history to have racial division. We need each other!!!!!

So I say this to whoever will read it. If you are black, white, brown, etc, I love you. You are my brother or sister and there is nothing I would do for a white person that I wouldn't do for a black person. Let's unite people. God bless us all!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic