Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Regardless of what our AD decides to do with Jack Leg four
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,553

Regardless of what our AD decides to do with Jack Leg four

Jun 2, 2014, 2:07 PM

things need to happen if we're to remain competitive in the long term:

1) Do something to make the JUCO transfer option easier
2) Upgrade facilities (look at what SCAR has done....)
3) Increase the number of schollies available through endowments (again, look at what's been done at other places like Vandy, UNC and yes---SCAR).
4) Get back to recruiting in-state and regional talent!! We don't need kids from up north who aren't emotionally invested in winning against our rival. The talent is here--go out and get it instead of treating our local HS coaches like crap.

Do these 4 things and whoever (hopefully not JL) takes over has a real shot at taking the program back to where it rightfully belongs.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: Regardless of what our AD decides to do with Jack Leg four

Jun 2, 2014, 2:13 PM

Where it rightfully belongs plus that one step left to take!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 2, 2014, 2:18 PM

1) Being worked on
2) Active IPTAY project to enhance DKS facility
3) Would you like to make an endowment?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 2, 2014, 3:22 PM

I agree with most of what you have said. I also feel like our program has been handicapped by some of those rules. I would argue that Bradley LeCroy has done a much better job in recruting in-state players.

As a baseball coach in SC on the high school level, I would say that it is easy to judge from the outside looking in. Several things I have heard over the years is 1. Jack bunts too much. Look at what Oregon was able to do. They have bunted 3 times more than we did this year. If anything, with these new bats, I think we should bunt more than we are. 2. I am not a Jack appologist, but I can tell you from working his camps back in the mid 90's he teaches a line drive/ground ball swing. If I had a dollar for every pop fly out we had this year I would be rich. My point is sometimes the players have to shoulder some of the responsibility to make adjustments. I am certain the staff is putting the best team on the field that they have.

In the end, it is the coaches responsibility, but I don't think Jack has forgotten how to coach.

Oh look, a reasonable post from someone who actually knows

Jun 2, 2014, 3:26 PM

something about baseball.

Refreshing.

Let me ask you, based on your experience, how much control does a coach have over players executing bunts. I've noticed that we bunt more poorly lately than we did a few years ago. I can't imagine JL coaches bunting less than he used to... or that he's doing it differently. But it seems we can't get crucial bunts down as well as we should? Can anything explain this? Head coach...hitting coach....players...bats... I can't figure it out.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Oh look, a reasonable post from someone who actually knows

Jun 3, 2014, 1:14 AM

We work on bunting everyday, but to be honest, players do not see the value in it. Travel ball these days do not teach bunting nor do they bunt. The games they play are mostly about showcasing talent and players do not want to lose at bats to help their team. Additionally I see more and more uppercuts from players trying to hit the long ball. The bob or bat does not lend its self to the longball. Home runs are way down, yet players keep trying to hit them. This is just one mans opinion though.

Executing the bunt may be like hitting free throws ...

Jun 3, 2014, 10:14 AM

... easy enough to do in practice, but extremely tough when the pressure is on.

Just a guess, but it seems reasonable that today's high school kids may put a lot more emphasis on hitting the long ball and shooting the "3" than they do laying down bunts and shooting FTs.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 3, 2014, 7:17 AM

1. already being done.
2. starting next week if you havent heard.
3. biggest problem we face imo. got to get it fixed.
4. please check the roster before making idiotic statements. we are recruiting basically sc, nc and georgia since bradley was hired.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Idiotic? Kettle, meet pot

Jun 3, 2014, 9:20 AM

As far as I can tell, we have TWO players on JL's defensive lineup from SC.

As far as the starting pitching rotation goes (not middle relief), one.

I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

But hey, keep pumping sunshine, hope it works for you HOF Jack supporters.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Jun 3, 2014, 7:26 AM

5) change our uniform colors to genet and black?

BTW, their model program got one game further in the regional than we did...and they were swept out of their conference tourney

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you a high school coach in SC?

Jun 3, 2014, 11:07 AM

I am, and Coach Leggett nor anyone on his staff has ever treated my "like crap". He has a very good relationship with high school coaches.

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,553
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic