Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pat Forde really is an idiot
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Pat Forde really is an idiot

Oct 5, 2015, 9:37 AM

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/forde-s-fab-four--where-merit-means-more-than-school-name-010524690-ncaaf.html

Utah still has to play Cal, Arizona State, USC, Arizona, and UCLA. If they won all those they would play Stanford, Cal, or Oregon in the championship game.

Northwestern still has Michigan, Iowa, Nebraska, Penn State, and Wisconsin. If they won those they would likely play Michigan State or Ohio State in the championship game.

Then there is Florida. They will be lucky to get by Missouri this weekend. They beat East Carolina by 7, Tennessee by 1, and Kentucky by 4. But they beat Ole Miss by 28, so that makes them a top 4 team.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Every person that has a different opinion from me

Oct 5, 2015, 9:39 AM

must be an idiot. It must be true.

That pervert was wrong about us...

Oct 5, 2015, 9:42 AM

Forde ain't too bright. And Florida isn't even in the top ten. So where is he getting this top four stuff from

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, he says in the linked article.***

Oct 5, 2015, 9:45 AM

He is an idiot because he calls himself a journalist

Oct 5, 2015, 9:50 AM [ in reply to Every person that has a different opinion from me ]

Even the talking heads at ESPN aren't this bad, and they at least don't call themselves journalists.

His tweets during our game:

https://twitter.com/YahooForde/status/644702248585396224

https://twitter.com/YahooForde/status/650517059965714432

https://twitter.com/YahooForde/status/650515313927262208

The tweets came after he wrote this unbiased piece of journalism:
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/clemson--for-now--continues-to-look-overrated-after-beating-louisville-050430408.html

What about him makes him not a journalist?

Oct 5, 2015, 9:55 AM

He is paid by a news organization to write about events. That's pretty much the definition of a journalist.

He may not be a journalist you like. You may think he's a biased journalist. But the fact that he's a journalist is just that...a fact.

He legitimately hates Clemson, can't wait to win it all***

Oct 5, 2015, 9:56 AM [ in reply to He is an idiot because he calls himself a journalist ]

Re: He is an idiot because he calls himself a journalist

Oct 5, 2015, 9:56 AM [ in reply to He is an idiot because he calls himself a journalist ]

Wow. The hate is obvious. Is he a dirtpecker grad? Leghumper grad? What is his problem?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Missouri grad, highly successful writer for Courier-Journal

Oct 5, 2015, 10:00 AM

in Louisville for many years before joining ESPN, then Yahoo.

Are you Pat's wife ?

Oct 5, 2015, 10:03 AM

You certainly argue and whine like a woman

No, I am able to use Wikipedia and answer his question.

Oct 5, 2015, 10:05 AM

And...I'm the one whining here? I have not complained about a single thing.

Re: No, I am able to use Wikipedia and answer his question.

Oct 5, 2015, 11:23 AM

Oh, I get it now. He's got little brother syndrome 'cause his boyz ain't the REAL TIGERS. Just like LSLosers and their fake death valley.

Thanks for the insight.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: He is an idiot because he calls himself a journalist

Oct 5, 2015, 10:39 AM [ in reply to He is an idiot because he calls himself a journalist ]

I don't think he hates Clemson. He obviously doesn't respect Clemson, but it's highly unlikely that he actually cares one way or the other about us. The "Merit" article is a discussion piece. He's not projecting where these teams will end up after the rest of their season, he's saying that based on performance to date, these teams have done well enough to be considered for the playoffs. He knows that these are stretches. Leaving out LSU is an error. IMO, either Bama or LSU will be in the playoffs. Ole Miss will lose again, likely when they play the Tigers. The winner of the LSU Alabama game will play in the SEC championship game and win it.

Forde knows this, but including LSU over Florida wouldn't make the discussion as much fun.

Florida is just the $EC flavor of the week......this week.

Oct 5, 2015, 9:42 AM

Last week it was Ole Miss, the week before it was Alabama.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

By the way, I think you misunderstand.

Oct 5, 2015, 9:47 AM

I don't think this is a projection. This is a "if the playoff were today". I doubt he believes that Utah or Northwestern will end up in the playoff, for the exact reason you mentioned. Florida, too.

Reading comprehension must not be your strong suit

Oct 5, 2015, 10:00 AM

The first line reads:

"Every week, I will play Selection Committee member, take a look at the College Football Playoff picture and offer what I believe the bracket should be if the season ended today. Call it Forde’s Fab Four, and feel free to disagree.

This week is the Blow The Whole Thing Up And Start Over Edition:"

It's pretty obvious he goes by merit of what has happened thus far in the season. He's saying...if the season ended today, these would be the four teams in the playoffs. Last week he had Ole Miss, UCLA, LSU, and Utah. It's a pretty silly exercise to do this early in the season, but I'm sure he'll keep it up all year. Later in the year it will make more sense.

However, all of the things you mentioned are games that will be played in the future, and they have no relevance at all to what Forde posted.

Re: Pat Forde really is an idiot

Oct 5, 2015, 11:19 AM

The problem with his "merit" argument is how much the "merit" has been changing week to week. Michigan State's win over Oregon has gone from program-changing to meh in the last 2 weeks. Oklahoma got a lot of credit for beating what is now a 3 loss Tennessee team.

These guys just do not learn to stop overreacting to one win. Florida does not have some amazing resume. They squeaked by a Kentucky team that needed OT to beat Eastern Kentucky at home, and got a minor miracle to beat Tennessee. He's making the same mistake with Florida that he did with Ole Miss. That is placing WAY too much emphasis on one win (that could end up meaning little in a few weeks). There's a reason Vegas only has Florida has a 3.5 point favorite over a Mizzou team that has not looked like a solid team.

They just really shouldn't do polls until mid-October at the earliest.

Forde is ok, but he has a real axe to grind with Louisville a lot. He loves to dump on them when they are down.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic