Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Are you Liberal Snowflakes serious?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 630

Are you Liberal Snowflakes serious?

Aug 2, 2019, 9:42 PM

https://www.newser.com/story/278651/patti-davis-says-reagan-would-regret-his-racist-words.html?utm_source=part&utm_medium=uol&utm_campaign=rss_top

Letting something from 1971 bother you now??? That's as pathetic a Butter's Fake Story about his wife to crack on Trump!

-DNT

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Re: Are you Liberal Snowflakes serious?

Aug 2, 2019, 9:52 PM

He was probably just pandering to Nixon. I mean if his own daughter was shocked to hear it, that is good enough for me.

And besides, his legacy will should be looked upon on as helping to usher in the Neo Liberal Period that we still serve and suffer under.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are you Liberal Snowflakes serious?

Aug 2, 2019, 10:04 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that was only 9 years before he was president

Aug 2, 2019, 10:24 PM

but we all say dumb things when we are young at age 60.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: that was only 9 years before he was president

Aug 2, 2019, 11:01 PM

'71, Nixon was full on employing his southern strategy as the demographics were shifting between the two parties, Reagan had ambitions for the whitehouse.... who knows. he certainly laid it on pretty heavy with his prepared speeches about welfare queens and young bucks buying steak with their food stamps.

But Reagan at one point was was President of the Screen Actors Guild and was defending Hollywood peeps from McCarthyism, later in life to become a radical corporatist. not an easy man to understand.

can't believe of all people i am the one defending him right now... But really this is not what should define him, racism was pretty common theme for that generation.

hmm it wasn't thaaat long ago

Aug 3, 2019, 11:50 AM

Not like some of, for example, Harry Truman's racist comments from the 1930s which really was ages ago. Reagan's era is still very relevant in today's politics. In fact he started a lot of the vicious polarized fighting between the two parties.

I guess you could argue that that comment he made was referring to leaders of African countries and not African-Americans and didn't affect his US policies but that seems like a stretch.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: hmm it wasn't thaaat long ago

Aug 3, 2019, 12:03 PM

I do not care one bit for his politics, but in all fairness I have never heard of anyone that has ever said anything negative about him as a person. From all account he was a very warm and sincere person. My dad used to tell racist jokes in the eighties, and he is far from a racist.

Replies: 6
| visibility 630
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic