Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Are we to confident about the Georgia game?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Are we to confident about the Georgia game?

Jul 28, 2013, 1:17 AM

It seems like the majority thinks we wont have a problem and roll in this one. I think we definitely can win but i really feel like this game will be way to close for comfort.

I cant help but worry about our ground game and the fact that the best WR in Clemson history is gone. I know its not our style but i wouldnt mind if we slowed it down to keep the ball out of the dogs hands.

I just hope we come out fired up and we have to do our part and have Death Valley unbearable......GO TIGERS!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No one who knows a lick about the game thinks this

Jul 28, 2013, 1:44 AM

will be a cake walk. Anyways it doesn't matter what fans think......

Georgia owns us, nobody should think we will roll over them

Jul 28, 2013, 1:51 AM

and yes I know 25 years ago we actually beat them three times.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Speak for yourself, they don't own us ....

Jul 28, 2013, 3:20 AM

And how many games in last 25 years - not enough to "own" - WHAT A DOWNER STATEMENT!
GO TIGERS CALIFORNIA DREAMING ALL IN ALL THE WAY TO PASADENA

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We know UGa owns yall neal but we arent talking about SCar***

Jul 28, 2013, 3:51 PM [ in reply to Georgia owns us, nobody should think we will roll over them ]

Re: Are we to confident about the Georgia game?

Jul 28, 2013, 3:50 AM

I don't think it's going to be a cake walk. But I do think we have the edge if we don't turn the ball over. If Tajh don't throw any pick 6es, and Hot Rod can hold onto the ball. I do believe advantage Clemson!!! And if we do win, Dabo better get into our guys head quick to keep the entire team grounded. If our guys get the big head and believe they can roll through the ACC. It won't really matter if we beat UGA, FSU, and the coots b/c there are teams in the ACC besides FSU that can beat us if we are looking a head to the big games. Every ACC team will be at there best when they play us this year. Like us in just a short past, the rest of the ACC are already hating on us because we were the over whelming favorites to win the ACC....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

RE: ACC

Jul 28, 2013, 4:02 AM

Things are finally back to normal.

uGAY: Nobody can run over uGAY. I think we will score two touchdowns and a field goal or two more than uGAY. We'll get two TD we don't deserve and they'll give one back.

Dabo has learned to handle the team's emotions. We won't enter another game believing we can't be beaten and we won't reach a point in a game when we believe we can't win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 28, 2013, 4:00 AM

We can be as confident as we want to be, it's the team who has too know they can win

Jul 28, 2013, 6:19 AM

I am confident,but not over confident.We will beat the Dawgs in The Valley.
Will it be a cake walk? NO.
In fact I actually have UGA leading midway thru the 3rd.We don't need to slow it down,just run our offense as designed.
There "D" is questionable( I know so is ours),so it will come down,imo, to their run game against our passing attack.
I have Clemson winning this one 38-31.

I don't see how the majority could think we will roll as you

Jul 28, 2013, 8:17 AM

put it. I would think most Clemson, and Georgia fans for that matter, would expect this one to be tight and probably pretty high-scoring.

Not sure what anyone who picks a lopsided win for us is basing this on. Hope they're right. Just think Georgia's offense is too good to expect us to just easily roll in this one.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 28, 2013, 8:24 AM

It's going to a tough outing and we need to be firing on all cylinders on BOTH sides of the ball. I'm not expecting to grind UGA down like we did LSU...their ground game is good enough to keep us from completely gassing them.

We also can't afford 3 and outs on offense. They are bad enough anyway but with us running hurry-up, they are worse. If our defense gets a quick rest, it better be because we scored in under a minute and not because we went 3 and out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think most Clemson fans have a healthy concern...

Jul 28, 2013, 8:31 AM

about this one, as we should. Don't understand the over confidence of some. they obviously don't understand football. Probably the folks who just go to the games as a "social function", leave at halftime and don't come back until the fourth quarter.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I suggest that the overtly high optimism is a perfect

Jul 28, 2013, 8:35 AM

counter to jittery nerves, and thus, is welcomed, especially since no one has expressed "Divine Revelations." I think I'd rather see the pre-game enthusiasm rather than pessimism...tempered slightly, of course. lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I qualify.***

Jul 28, 2013, 2:58 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's why I only suggested 10+.... (probably more, shhh)***

Jul 28, 2013, 4:54 PM [ in reply to I suggest that the overtly high optimism is a perfect ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All I know is that "two" of my buddies are going "to"

Jul 28, 2013, 8:50 AM

the game and we are going to have waaaaay "too" much fun watching the hotties and Clemson destroy UGA!

Jul 28, 2013, 8:50 AM

should be a constant reminder. I know these are vastly differemt teams and a different mindset ...but overconfidence is a killer. Dabo and Co. know that there is going to be no quarter...that UGa is a very explosive offensive team and even though they have a rebuilt defense they are always stocked for the two deep and will have the best 11 out there.
We must avoid mistakes , keep pluggimg away if the early going doesnt go our way. All that SEC nonsense comes from media hype and the fact that they have had the top team or two for many years now, and UGa has not been one of them . Clemson this year is loaded for bear , but must come ouy focused and play that way til 00:00.
I think crowd , Death Valley @ night and our advantage on offense to their defense will be good enough...but it will be a struggle. Clemson 30-24 in a nailbiter to be sure.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: 2008

Jul 28, 2013, 8:51 AM

I think we prevail due to more experience on defense.

Re: 2008

Jul 28, 2013, 8:53 AM

Most people dont understand that UGA was 7 yards away from BCSNC game. Coots sucked the life out of them during there game early. We have to do the same. Maybe a Sammy KO or PR would send them home early

I expect the game will be a lot closer than the final score

Jul 28, 2013, 8:58 AM

will indicate. By that I mean the game will come down to which defense can get the critical stops late. Going into the 4th quarter, the outcome will be very much in doubt. We'll pull away in the final 15 to win by 10.

Easy win? Hardly. It'll be a dogfight--pun intended.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Jul 28, 2013, 9:11 AM

I hope that our team forgets about that LSU win, and thinks about the embarrassment on our home field against the chickens. If not, we get our azzes handed to us on our home field once again.

UGA is foaming at the mouth waiting to expose our team - anyone that doesn't believe that is in denial. The SEC's honor is at stake once again. Whichever team loses this game will NOT have a chance to play in the NCG.

Re: Re: Are we to confident about the Georgia game?

Jul 28, 2013, 9:36 AM

Let there be no mistaking this will be a fight from the beginning till the end. The LSU game gave this team and staff the knowledge that Clemson can beat the big boys. Georgia will come in and try to smack us around but we will hit back and I think we don't shut down the run but we keep it close too 100 yds and we run 4 200+

SEC and Honor in same sentence is like..

Jul 28, 2013, 9:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Are we to confident about the Georgia game? ]

Jumbo Shrimp.

A real head scratcher!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we win, then we weren't too confident...

Jul 28, 2013, 9:41 AM

...if we lose the state of our pre-game confidence will be the least of our concerns.

So why not be confident now? It's a much more pleasant place to be.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"There ya' go!"***

Jul 28, 2013, 10:25 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 28, 2013, 10:30 AM

I am confident we have the team to beat them if we play our game, but same goes for them. The teams look pretty even on paper and we have home field so we should edge them out barring mistakes.

Jul 28, 2013, 10:41 AM

I don't know abut the comment that Georgia doesn't own us, but I do know the series record is 41-17-4. they have won 41 times out of the 62. if they don't own us, we sure need to get more on the plus side. just facing facts.

Yeah kinda like us owning SCar***

Jul 28, 2013, 3:53 PM

Jul 28, 2013, 5:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Are we to confident about the Georgia game? ]

There you go, you just had to enter those d@mn facts again. Shame on you, and d@mn you to the other side of facts!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uniforms?

Jul 28, 2013, 3:38 PM

Last time we had game day I believe we wore all purple. I wonder if dabo has any interest in that or if anybody has heard anything?

We Too Deep !!! ******

Jul 28, 2013, 3:40 PM

Re: We Too Deep !!! ******

Jul 28, 2013, 5:19 PM

We better be to deep. It will take two deep on both sides of the ball for 60 FULL minutes.

Jul 28, 2013, 6:51 PM

No, but we may be too confident.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic