Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For those who rely on recruit and class ratings:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

For those who rely on recruit and class ratings:

Jan 1, 2014, 9:14 PM

Michigan State has just proven that a team which never approaches the ratings of Michigan, OSU, and Stanford still knows how to win. And beat those three that regularly out recruit them. Coaching and getting the RIGHT talent count just as much as "chasing the stars...".

Those class ratings are over the past 4 years, or so, and some were as low as 40th.

Of course, they believe in building serious defense. By the numbers they are 4th in defense but almost 90th in scoring. It works for them.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fair post***

Jan 1, 2014, 9:16 PM

FSU & Auburn has 5-stars all over their D-Line ...

Jan 1, 2014, 9:18 PM

where are playing this week?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FSU and Auburn have very good coaches

Jan 1, 2014, 9:28 PM

You combine the two and you get to Pasadena. It doesn't prove that talent wins more than coaching.

But my point was NOT that lines don't matter. They do. But a line with "5-stars all over" isn't necessarily better than a well coached line with "4 stars all over". Stars are like .... well, reality show ratings like the dancing shows or whatever. Just as people who make a living off of college football slobber all over players like Manziel, so do all of the "experts" pick and choose their favorites in high school. It's as much arbitrary as it is science. Or accurate.

Interesting

Jan 1, 2014, 9:21 PM

So if we were to concentrate on recruiting oline and dline like we used to we would be good? What a concept........

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you think we don't have newer and better linemen?

Jan 1, 2014, 9:33 PM

Shaq Lawson is a bust? Ogundenko. Pagano. Crowder. Hearn. Falcinelli. All garbage, huh?

Boulware? So far a huge failure?

Yeah, we should keep improving. But I think we are more stacked than we have been in a decade. It's not enough. But it's surely is getting better.

Are we stacked at oline and dline?

Jan 1, 2014, 9:36 PM

Not yet. But then we don't seem to concentrate our efforts there.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I see it as we ARE getting better and we DO

Jan 1, 2014, 9:59 PM

make a good number of offers. Closing on one or two more per round might be the bigger issue. Hard to change generations of history where the most sought after linemen in our region would take a bench seat on an SEC team just to say they are in the SEC. (I exaggerate a little...)

Landing Mitch Hyatt in 2015 will help some. And I read we are fighting with UGA for Albert Huggins for 2015. That would be a good land.

Some seem to think we got a diamond in the rough with Taylor Hearn this time, too. And we've got Crowder, Ogundenko, Morris, Pagano, etc., to test out yet. We aren't slipping badly. Just not maybe as concentrated as other teams.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic