Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Are there rules against televised recruiting events?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Are there rules against televised recruiting events?

Jul 26, 2019, 5:54 PM

Is the elite 11 televised?

Would be cool if we could televise the cookout, kind of like a red carpet event.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are there rules against televised recruiting events?

Jul 26, 2019, 7:31 PM

I'd personally be really against that. These recruits get enough of the media already. They're high school kids. This cookout is for these kids to be able to get to know their future teammates and their family get to know the coaches/their future family members. It's supposed to be an intimate affair. Shoving a camera into their faces would pretty much defeat the purpose.

Jul 26, 2019, 7:43 PM

Just keep winning ACC and National Championships. That's some big time televised recruiting events. ??

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think that would break Dabo's rules.***

Jul 26, 2019, 8:16 PM

Jul 26, 2019, 8:29 PM

The way it works is basically walking a fine line as a school if you allow it on your campus. I believe the way it goes is they're allowed to talk to ex players.... For example say CJ Spiller talked to a recruit and told him how great Clemson was that's ok but if CJ Spiller worked for say ESPN then as an ex player still he would be unable to communicate with a player or void that school.

They can talk to media and such but can not talk to media that is ex student athletes basically. Look back at Micah Parsons with his ordeal meeting the college game day hosts.

Though recruits on official visits are able to speak with former student-athletes of the school they are visiting, they are not allowed to “have contact with members of the media associated with former student-athletes.”

“As such, a violation of NCAA Bylaws 13.10.1 and 13.10.2.4 occurred, as members of the media may not be present during an institution’s recruiting contact with a prospect and a prospect may not participate in team activities that would make the public or media aware of the prospect’s visit to the institution,”

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/college/othercolleges/2017/12/19/report-ohio-state-stopped-recruiting-micah-parsons-because-college-gameday-contact/965425001/

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic