Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Are our co-coordinators the problem?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Are our co-coordinators the problem?

Oct 4, 2015, 4:00 AM

Elliot calls the runs, scott the passes? How's that work? How do they decide when to run/pass?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go back and watch some of the play of our WRs, of course it

Oct 4, 2015, 4:36 AM

Isn't all their fault and things like the telegraphed qb draw on 3rd down have got to stop. We got away from the passing attack and started playing just to end the game which is something that can and will get you beat. We also lack a deep threat and Charone Peake is pretty much a walking interception when he goes deep because we all know he isn't going to go up or attempt to make a play on the ball for reasons unknown. He's such a gifted player and we've all witnessed how good he can be but ever since the issue with his knee after surgery he's played like he's almost scared to fight for the ball or really run his routes. Artavis is a great all around player but he doesn't have the height needed to be the deep threat we have thrived off of the past 4-5 years. We desperately need someone to step up but I worry about how much seniority weighs on the decision to give someone else an opportunity there but something needs to happen because Charone doesn't look comfortable in that situation.

Re: Go back and watch some of the play of our WRs, of course it

Oct 4, 2015, 5:16 PM

hillybilly: agree with you all the way. We are way too predictable. Amazingly enough, we weren't in the first 2 drives and look what happened.

Certainly not the answer***

Oct 4, 2015, 5:03 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Certainly not the answer***

Oct 4, 2015, 5:15 AM

I give each of you a point thought I was the only one asking
these question's

As too #19 he is either busy looking towards the NFL draft,,Lazy or
playing scared it shows he does not have his head in the game

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SMH----in the 5 games since Elliot and Scott were named

Oct 4, 2015, 7:39 AM [ in reply to Certainly not the answer*** ]

co-coordinators, they've managed to come up with successful game plans against Oklahoma, Louisville, and Notre Dame.....Okla and ND were ranked HGHER than the Tigers the day of the game, and Louisville had been ranked just a couple of weeks prior. Now, we all know that rankings can be a nebulous designation, but it does mean that a lot of folks with strong ties to college football across the country thought the Sooners and Fightin' Squamish were better than us.

For gawds sake, some of you sound like card-carrying members of fgf! Do you think we might give the two coordinators more than a months worth of games---or at least maybe wait until they actually LOSE one---before you start casting aspersions on their capabilities???

geez

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coots or idiots, not sure which***

Oct 4, 2015, 7:54 AM

Run the QB on 3rd down...some gameplan***

Oct 4, 2015, 2:03 PM [ in reply to SMH----in the 5 games since Elliot and Scott were named ]

Re: SMH----in the 5 games since Elliot and Scott were named

Oct 4, 2015, 2:15 PM [ in reply to SMH----in the 5 games since Elliot and Scott were named ]

Oklahoma was not ranked higher than us when we played them. We were #18 I think and they were unranked in the ap poll.

Seriously, you're going to put the wins on our OC

Oct 4, 2015, 2:22 PM [ in reply to SMH----in the 5 games since Elliot and Scott were named ]

and not Venables? Or defense has been keeping us in games DESPITE our offensive play calling/execution.

They did a great job against OK but the only decent call since then was the Chad Morris play they used against Louisville. Part of it is on the OL but Watson's production has fallin off since his freshman year. I am willing to give those guys time because I respect the heck out of both of them. But they aren't doing a fantastic job right now. And it doesn't make you any less of a Clemson fan to say so.

My friend called me this morning and said he counted 11 straight running plays at the end of last night's game. I few caught passes by ND and we would be talking a lot more about the lack of offense this morning I guarantee it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope...we're coot or idiots***

Oct 4, 2015, 4:44 PM

or still drunk***

Oct 4, 2015, 5:01 PM

the.only.3.possible.scenarios.***

Oct 4, 2015, 5:13 PM

drunk was me last night. Rewatching the game today though

Oct 4, 2015, 5:18 PM

I am loving the heII out of some Tigerray about now.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And your plan up 18 in a monsoon in the 4th would be?

Oct 4, 2015, 5:00 PM [ in reply to Seriously, you're going to put the wins on our OC ]

Good grief. They did exactly what they should have. Unless you believe we should have been airing it out from our own 2 with 2 minutes left? That's basically what you're saying

It would have been nice to make at least one first down

Oct 4, 2015, 5:16 PM

after the D bailed us out twice in the final minutes...Novel concept I know

So you're airing it out inside our own 5

Oct 4, 2015, 5:22 PM

with 2 minutes left? Irregardless of how many passes bounced off receivers hands in the weather.

I think we all hope that Elliot and Scott get better

Oct 4, 2015, 5:45 PM

but against Louisville and ND they have not been calling good games IMHO. Good enough to win, yes, but that speaks more to our defense and defensive coaching staff than anything else.

Now, there hasn't been a huge window to judge and I really hope I am wrong. Just calling it like I see it so far. I am not on here trying to offend anyone.

Yet here you are judging based off one game with 3 days install

Oct 4, 2015, 5:48 PM

and another played in a monsoon. Gotcha

you're calling people coot based off a question, what's the

Oct 4, 2015, 6:19 PM

difference?

Why are the only options going deep or running a QB

Oct 4, 2015, 6:17 PM [ in reply to So you're airing it out inside our own 5 ]

draw?

Here is a list (oh my) of who I blame for tonight's results...

Oct 4, 2015, 5:20 AM

Of course the co offensive coordinators, Venables, and Dabo had a lot to do with it, so I blame him too. Defense played great so you know I blame them. Included in that blame are, Lawson, Boulware, Alexander, Kearse, heck the whole dang defense deserves blame. I would also like to blame so many members of the offense, including Watson, Scott, Gallman, Renfrow, the whole effin Oline (you got to blame them)... Heck you have to blame all of the players. Don't forget Lakip with the caused fumble (way to use your head) and Huegle (way to use your foot). Last but not least the real problem that I would like to blame for tonight's results... is ALL OF YOU FANS. The fans that sat in the rain and screamed your guts out. I blame you all... THANK YOU SO MUCH.
Go Tigers!!!

Problem?

Oct 4, 2015, 2:04 PM

I thought we were undefeated...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How dare you point out an issue with Clemson...

Oct 4, 2015, 2:10 PM

I blame you for not posting something positive. We are 4-0 so obviously we are the best team in the nation without any weaknesses.

Once we lose a game because we scored only three points and ran 95% of the plays up the middle with 11 players waiting there then you'll be invited to the melt-down on TNET. Until then please keep your thoughts to yourself. Thank you.

We are 4-0. We just beat #6 ND on Gameday and National TV.

Oct 4, 2015, 2:17 PM

What problem?

Re: We are 4-0. We just beat #6 ND on Gameday and National TV.

Oct 4, 2015, 2:31 PM

Dude, nobody is upset with the win but it doesn't take a genius to see that there are still some issues that need to be ironed out on the offense.

This is the fun of talking football on a football forum, valid criticisms should be welcomed and discussed. If you don't want to discuss issues then just move along, how hard is that?

Oct 4, 2015, 2:42 PM

Maybe we can pull an osu and improve throughout tge year like they did last season...I just don't understand how having two OC's, one in charge of run plays, one in charge of pass plays, is efficient when we need balance. Who decides when we run vs when we pass?

Does anyone know? Based on how we ran ran ran on 3rd down would lead me to believe it's Elliott?

Oct 4, 2015, 2:44 PM [ in reply to Re: We are 4-0. We just beat #6 ND on Gameday and National TV. ]

guess you missed the part where we were facing a top ranked veteran defense. if anything maybe we just got a little to conservative when we got the big deal. surely you liked the offense when it was 21-3. or maybe not. that would mean there would be nothing to complain about.

Re: Are our co-coordinators the problem?

Oct 4, 2015, 2:19 PM

problem huh. smfh at some of you idiots

You must be some piece of work deroberts

Oct 4, 2015, 2:31 PM

calling people an idiot and making personal attacks all the time on TNET. I have been noticing this for years. Were you some kind of bully in school, victim of bullying, or were you not loved enough by your parents?

Can't you just disagree and post an intelligent counter-argument? That question was obviously a bit rhetorical. Go ahead and post your ridiculous idiotic response, I'll be shocked by it I'm sure.

Re: You must be some piece of work deroberts

Oct 4, 2015, 2:41 PM

gosh sorry my response wasnt to your liking. we have the 6th ranked team in the country on a team with 40 freshman. we just beat a top 10 team in a driving rainstorm and yet some just can not be happy with the results. maybe the brilliant person that posted such idiocy should maybe say why they are the problem instead of asking that question.

Re: You must be some piece of work deroberts

Oct 4, 2015, 3:23 PM

That's what I've been saying as well. Not every game is going to be won in blowout fashion while racking up 500 yds of offense and scoring 40 ppg. Especially against teams the caliber of ND. Not tp mention the torrential downpour. There was a reason the ND wideouts dropped a bunch of passes last night. That weather is not condusive towards a downfield passing game.

uhh..we won against a good team maybe

Oct 4, 2015, 2:28 PM

You should watch the game and understand players play and coaches coach. We missed on a few but that won't matter to someone who doesn't know how to enjoy a win

I don't think there is a problem...

Oct 4, 2015, 5:33 PM

I feel like we are more committed to running the ball now as opposed to when Chad Morris was OC. He would get pass happy in a minute.

We have a good defense and Dabo knows it. I guarantee you he has a big say in those 3rd down calls.

Re: I don't think there is a problem...

Oct 4, 2015, 6:14 PM

I'm happy about the win. The offense has still been disappointing so far this season.

Let me explain how this works.

Oct 4, 2015, 6:18 PM

I don't know but until we lose we lose I'm not putting my ignorance on display by challenging Dabo's system.

Hezekiah 16:3 "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are our co-coordinators the problem?

Oct 4, 2015, 6:35 PM

Not as long as we keep winning....their 5 - 0 so what's the problem....Go Tigers!!!!

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic