Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Are both of our QB commits
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,338

Are both of our QB commits

Nov 1, 2014, 5:55 PM

Speedsters? We have to have mobile QBs backing up DW so we dont find ourself in this situation again.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are both of our QB commits

Nov 1, 2014, 5:56 PM

One is.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Don't know about Isreal but Bryant is very elusive***

Nov 1, 2014, 5:56 PM

The difference is isreal is a highly recruited 4 star, cole

Nov 1, 2014, 6:10 PM

wasn't highly recruited and had to be built from the ground up. I have nothing against cole stoudt but he was just an average qb in both high school and college, I never understood those who expected him to be a great one and got upset when it turned out he wasn't, he's come a LONG way since getting here but he was never going to be the type of talent as deshaun or tajh or even bryant or isreal.

Re: The difference is isreal is a highly recruited 4 star, cole

Nov 1, 2014, 6:17 PM

Israel is a 3-star according to most services.

He's unquestionably a great high school QB, but I've heard more than one football guy tell me they think between his height (5'11", generously) and his so-so arm that he's an FCS-level QB whose skills really do not translate well to major college football unless it's with an Air Raid type of offense. Of course, another guy whose opinion I respect a lot tells me he's a lot more like Connor Shaw than any QB he's seen in awhile. So put those opinions into a hat and pick one. It'll all come out in the wash, in the end.

As far as Kelly Bryant goes, the prevailing opinion is, he's a stud, physically, though people tell me he's got an OK but not elite arm and nobody will ever mistake him for Tajh Boyd or Deshaun Watson with his ability to throw the deep ball. The prevailing opinion is also, he's a bit of a project.

Again, for what it's worth.

Nov 1, 2014, 6:12 PM

Israel did a lot of running in previous years, and his tape is very impressive. Sounds like he's been all arm this year, and successfully enough that he hasn't needed to run.

Nov 1, 2014, 6:26 PM

Israel in an Air Raid type offense could throw for 3k or 4k easily ( at this level). Bryant looks like an improving Vince Young type. Both will be better than Stoudt because of their talent.

Nov 1, 2014, 7:17 PM

I've watched Bryant play a lot and he has a cannon and is a slippery and fast runner. If he picks this system up I see no reason why he wouldn't be a stud here

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,338
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic