Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Amusing Canes take on our recruiting.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,473

Amusing Canes take on our recruiting.

May 30, 2014, 9:43 AM

http://www.canesinsight.com/threads/75654-Deon-Cain-Question/page1

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Nice...too bad their best "recruiter" is in prison.***

May 30, 2014, 9:47 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apparently we pay players....***

May 30, 2014, 9:58 AM

Interesting that the Miami perception of Clemson

May 30, 2014, 10:01 AM

is cheating and paying players... LOL looking in the mirror?

just goes to show you...

May 30, 2014, 12:08 PM

everybody thinks all the other teams are cheating/ paying players and that there own team is the only one having success "the right way." Even fans of teams like Miami, which are known for cheating.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Folks here do the same thing with other schools.***

May 30, 2014, 10:22 AM

they are non-factors, IMO.

May 30, 2014, 10:24 AM

Miami doesn't even come to mind anymore when thinking of winning programs.

There is a lot of

May 30, 2014, 10:35 AM

butt hurt in that thread. I love it!!

Re: Amusing Canes take on our recruiting.

May 30, 2014, 10:44 AM

There were a couple of boneheads, but most people were saying they think it'll be Clemson and didn't seem to suggest there was a sinister reason behind it. It was mainly that TP guy who was upset. One guy in particular, cowboycane, showed us a great deal of respect:

First of all, they win a lot, and they are exciting when they do it. And spare me the "they don't win titles" song and dance. They are in high level bowls, oftentimes BCS, and take down good SEC teams just as often as they get beat. I would take Clemson's last decade in a heartbeat compared to what we've had.

Second of all, let's think about Cain specifically. Who do you think is more appealing to a 17 year old: Nuke Hopkins and Sammie Watkins or Leonard Hankerson and Allen Hurns? Because those are the 2 best receivers for each school in the past 5 years. We aren't trading on Andre Johnson and Santana Moss's names anymore.

Third, Clemson is pretty much an SEC-level university in an SEC-type of town with an SEC-sort of fan base and SEC-looking women. Take from that whatever you will, but know that it does have an impact and is a selling point.

It is actually kind of sad to think about, but you can bet when an elite kid chooses us over FSU or Clemson or UiF or whoever they are thinking to themselves "how are they getting these kids?" Because objectively, our recruiting classes should be way worse than they have been lately. Them's the facts.

I for one hope the U gets back on its feet. College football is better when they're an elite squad, and it'd be a huge boost for the ACC.

I love when people throw out Clemson and $$$

May 30, 2014, 10:59 AM

As if they have no idea the socioeconomic situation in Clemson, SC. While having rabidly supportive fans, Clemson simply can't compete with other major universities from a sheer numbers standpoint. Dabo realizes this and has worked hard on the sales pitch of win momma first with a strong religious/family/safe environment for many of these kids from destitute situations. Dabo knows we stand no chance with kids like Winston who want flashy cars and a bigger city-type living, so we place our efforts elsewhere. People need to do their research. Miami fans screaming illegal benefits is hilarious.

Re: Amusing Canes take on our recruiting.

May 30, 2014, 12:17 PM

"Third, Clemson is pretty much an SEC-level university in an SEC-type of town with an SEC-sort of fan base and SEC-looking women. Take from that whatever you will, but know that it does have an impact and is a selling point."

1st and 2nd point were not bad either.

GO TIGERS

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,473
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic