Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Photo: Workers painting Clemson paws on street
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

FB Update: Photo: Workers painting Clemson paws on street

Aug 5, 2014, 8:11 AM

Photo: Workers painting Clemson paws on street

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it's crazy that they need professional workers

Aug 5, 2014, 9:29 AM

The paws have traditionally been painted by one of the fraternities on campus, so the administration is paying for something they could get for free and robbing that fraternity of its tradition.

Re: I think it's crazy that they need professional workers

Aug 5, 2014, 9:36 AM

Safety first!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Emphasis on safety is what's ruining this country.

Aug 5, 2014, 11:22 AM

HTH.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

The last time I saw the work of the fraternity in painting

Aug 5, 2014, 9:42 AM [ in reply to I think it's crazy that they need professional workers ]

The Paws - it seemed every third Paw had the fraternity letters painted above / below / on The Paw - at times BIGGER than The Paw.

Don't care how it gets done - just get it done !!! It is a tradition that I have had mentioned to me countless times - "Hey - we were driving around Anderson or coming off the interstate or .... and The Paws were on the street. That was so cool."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: The last time I saw the work of the fraternity in painting

Aug 5, 2014, 11:19 AM

Sig Ep (pledges) paints them on campus, and a work crew paints then going into campus past Anderson/Exit 19-B

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apparently the work crew paints the campus ones now too***

Aug 5, 2014, 12:39 PM

Re: I think it's crazy that they need professional workers

Aug 5, 2014, 9:54 AM [ in reply to I think it's crazy that they need professional workers ]

not sure those are "professional" painters or contractors hired outside the university... could be[they appear to be] already on cu's dime.

crazy world though, it used to be frats would clamor for the right to "own" that; maybe "they" passed? or maybe the university is more worried about "osha" or insurance or liability or "risk assessment"... they're responsible for the safety of the men and women at clemson.

different world.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think they've outlawed the Paw painting on certain

Aug 5, 2014, 10:13 AM

highways like 123 -- liability if someone gets hit. Not sure about hwy 93 and others.

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

A good dose of Tim Wilson might be in order...

Aug 5, 2014, 2:00 PM [ in reply to Re: I think it's crazy that they need professional workers ]

www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3wO6PEHJ6U

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Photo: Workers painting Clemson paws on street

Aug 5, 2014, 9:44 AM

Fraternities painted them all over the state in years past.
Chief Highway Commissioner Paul Cobb (a gamecock)once told me he would not have enforcement stop it - 'you can't stop school spirit'. I liked him for that and for other reasons. Not sure but I think he had the Highway Patrol at the site to control traffic. If not it was probably done in the dark of night.

I guess those days are gone but I sure enjoyed seeing the tiger paws on I-26 coming into Columbia before the big game. Another time the City water tank was painted C(paw)LUMBIA.

That can be arranged.

Aug 5, 2014, 10:23 AM

Just need some alcohol and some adventurous college students. ;)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Brownie is the man!!!!!!!!

Aug 5, 2014, 10:29 AM

N/A

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope they paint them Clemson orange this time....last time

Aug 5, 2014, 10:32 AM

they were a shade or two off. Thanks for the good work on one of our storied traditions!!

And why aren't the kappa sigs (isn't that the fraternity?)

Aug 5, 2014, 11:21 AM

painting them?

There's something in these hills.

YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!***

Aug 5, 2014, 12:32 PM

If only the Phi Delts could paint thee highways leading in.

Aug 5, 2014, 12:59 PM

g

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THANK YOU PAINTERS!!!***

Aug 5, 2014, 6:00 PM

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic