Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mt P restaurant deadpool update
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Mt P restaurant deadpool update

Jun 25, 2019, 3:26 PM

Handcrafted just open up in the Blvd apt complex across the street where Burger Fi/Los Playa nachos have already failed. Went there Friday, had 2 beers, a glass of wine and 8 wings: Bill was $60. I give it a 2/10 shot at making it.

713 Coleman: Most folks think the name is "Latin Night" due to the HUGE sign that says that outside. Also, a new sign twice that size that says OPEN is out there now. So its either "OPEN" or "Latin Night", but either way, there are never any cars there. I'm betting in <3 months it says "CLOSED". 1/10 shot at making it. Formerly the site of Smoke BBQ, Abe's oyster house, a Taco joint, and something else before that. Many years before that it was a gas station.

ICU list (close to dead)

Flying Biscuit just opened at the end of the street about 2 months ago. Terrible service is taking it's toll. Used to be open until 9 pm...rode by at 6pm the other day and it was DUN done. No cars in parking lot at breakfast. Grand Opening? Grand Closin'! (~$1 to Chris Rock)

Stacks (not the same as the one in Greenville I don't think) They got a "B" last month in food quality. Something about people not washing their hands, or plates, or something. Anyway, that's inspection #2 with a "B". I've never been there...and probably won't go.

Passed on to the rainbow bridge:

Atlantic Game and Tackle-Not a restaurant, but if a fishing place can't make it here, I'm not sure what can. Closed last month. I hadn't been in there in prob 5 years; I forgot it was even open.

And if the SCDOT doesn't hurry up and get that dammm crane out of Shem Creek, all of that may close, too. They should have started that project last November, not this March.

fluffhead

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wonder how people still don't know that you've got to have

Jun 25, 2019, 3:52 PM

2 years or so worth of operating cash to open a place?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

people that want to open restaurants are stupid

Jun 25, 2019, 3:58 PM

i've got a friend that is a consultant for them and we were talking a couple of weeks ago and the maroons he was dealing with wanted some ungodly amount of sq ft for something that would never use it nor fill it for that matter.

if you aren't willing to be married to the place or pay real money to a manager you know and trust well, you will never succeed.

handcrafted is a carbon copy of the guys place in NYC. We shall see if it works in a terrible location in Mt P. I'm with the 2/10

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are several reasons why

Jun 25, 2019, 4:09 PM

Aero's BBQ and Beer House hasn't become a thing yet. Reason 1 is a lack of unborrowed capital.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have you tried Bobby's in Fountain Inn yet?

Jun 25, 2019, 4:37 PM

I would put in the Very Good BBQ category. And they have beer.

pigs looked good

Jun 25, 2019, 4:54 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

It is good

Jun 25, 2019, 5:39 PM [ in reply to Have you tried Bobby's in Fountain Inn yet? ]

i like Smoky Dreams better - brisket and sides.

I did like the huge beef rib from Bobby's, but pork ribs were average at best.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You don't need money to open a restaurant.

Jun 25, 2019, 4:21 PM [ in reply to I wonder how people still don't know that you've got to have ]

You just need Jon Taffer to come yell at you to be successful, is all.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Man, that show tricked me so hard. They showed some

Jun 25, 2019, 4:30 PM

actual design talk the first episode or two. Straight to hell after that.

713 was a pizza joint when I was in high school

Jun 25, 2019, 3:53 PM

handcrafted seems out of it's element.

I've heard that topsail (formerly finz) is legit.

Didn't realize that about Atlantic Game and Tackle, I guess that explains why Haddrell's moved into the hunting market with the little side shop.

I'm excited for my paisano's right next to my house

Is Paisanos open?

Jun 25, 2019, 5:11 PM

I still don't understand why they built something.

not yet. probably another 2 months***

Jun 25, 2019, 5:20 PM

leave the crane alone

Jun 25, 2019, 4:03 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Apparently Handcraft is a transplant from NYC

Jun 25, 2019, 4:39 PM

You including tip in the tab, or no?

My research shows that the wings were $12, and that nearly all of the beers at the Handcraft in NYC are under $10. So you must've splurged a bit.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was the bill.

Jun 25, 2019, 5:12 PM

Tip was in there_ i think it was $48 rounded up to $60. I remember the wings being $14.00..and the wine my wife had was at least $10 or $12.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic