Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: Spiller only 4 carries in preseason game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,470

Football Player Update: Spiller only 4 carries in preseason game

Aug 28, 2011, 10:22 AM

Spiller only 4 carries in preseason game

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TNet Fund to Get CJ Out of Buffalo. Who's in?***

Aug 28, 2011, 10:28 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apparently CJ is having a hard time adjusting to the NFL

Aug 28, 2011, 10:56 AM

He's been real poor at pass protection and it sounds like that hasn't improved this year. He also fumbled 5 times last year. In reading a column about Fred Jackson wanting more playing time, the columnist agreed and even wrote this about CJ:
"But it was only a matter of time before the Bills forced Spiller ahead of Jackson as the team's No. 1 back. Chan Gailey tried it for one game last season, then abandoned it when Spiller wasn't ready for the big boys. He was woefully unprepared to deal with the speed and skill of NFL defenders, or to make the swift judgments required to navigate the running lanes in the pros."

In 96 touches, CJ only had 1 play of 20 yds and still has not scored a rushing TD. 15 of his 74 rushes were for negative yds. Jackson avg 4.5 yds per rush behind the same line.

That's not to say that CJ can't overcome that. He's just starting his 2nd year so it's way to early to judge, but so far it seems fair as to why we haven't heard as much from him. Gailey seems supportive. He thinks CJ is making progress and sounds like CJ will get more touches so hopefully he'll turn it around.

Re: Apparently CJ is having a hard time adjusting to the NFL

Aug 28, 2011, 11:24 AM

Look at the team and the coach he plays for. Of course he is not prepared. I wish Buffalo would cut him so he can catch on to a real team and show what hes got. Gailey is a moron.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's a hard argument to win when you have another RB

Aug 28, 2011, 11:32 AM

playing much better than CJ in the exact same environment, with the same crappy OL and coaching.

Re: It's a hard argument to win when you have another RB

Aug 28, 2011, 11:38 AM

Yeah but CJ isn't on the field as much. You gotta be on the field to get a feel for the game. Like I said cut him loose. We need another young running back in big D.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty sure that is what everyone was saying about

Aug 28, 2011, 2:34 PM

James Davis then Hillis blows it up. and Davis is now being cut again by another team.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

http://brainsoup.net/pictures/whiteflour.gif

C J SPILLER?

Aug 28, 2011, 3:28 PM

THIS IS VERY DISTURBING TO ME. I KNOW THE BILLS MAY NOT HAVE A GOOD O LINE, BUT THIS IS C.J I HAVE EVEN SEEN WHERE THE BILLS MAY TAKE AWAY HIS FIRST TEAM STATUS. SOMETHING IS VERY WRONG HERE,AND I WONDERED IF YOU HAD ANY DETAILS ON THIS THING?
THANKS

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CLEMSAM

CJ hasn't really ever been a first teamer for the Bills so

Aug 29, 2011, 9:18 AM

from that aspect nothing is really changing. I'm not understanding what you mean?

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,470
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic