Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 54
| visibility 1

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Feb 18, 2019, 8:10 AM

Thursday, wake up early to head to Panama City beach so Sharkgirl can visit her folks. It was not beach weather.

Friday, kicked around some state park for a bit, had some small deer walk right up to the car looking for food. Mostly just relaxed.

Saturday, old people leave so we had toward Apalachicola. Drink ton's randomly run into person I went to school with until the 9th grade.

Sunday, head to Ft. Walton area to visit with my uncle, back home by 11 pm.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welp, The Tigers lost but I didn't die

Feb 18, 2019, 8:14 AM

Spent the weekend in Gatlinburg. It was a zoo because of a huge conference. Must have been 50,000 people in town.

And the AirBnB we rented, while very nice, only had Roku with limited choices, so no basketball or Daytona could be watched.

Oh, and the weather sucked. Driving home today.

2/10 - prolly won't be back for a while.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Very good, thanks

Feb 18, 2019, 8:15 AM

Fri - Fished with dad and caught a few, picked up kids and went to Clemson for baseball game, sat down and Davidson goes yard. Went to Moe's for dinner, passed kids off to in-laws, went home and ended reverse cowgirl

Sat - Fished a tournament, only had 4 to weigh about 8 lbs, stayed home rest of the day and in bed early

Sun - church, housework, played wii with Mcjr, tacos and back to church

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Edit, on Friday about 2:10, thought I passed

Feb 18, 2019, 8:37 AM

celtic_tiger® at a red light in a grey Japanese suv. Might have been a lookalike, but I was in your turf.

Wasn't me, I drive a black vehicle. *****

Feb 18, 2019, 8:55 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've never seen you in person

Feb 18, 2019, 10:29 AM

but from pics I've seen on here, you look almost identical to a guy that live here in CHS that i know.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Poor guy. ******

Feb 18, 2019, 1:03 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

makes sense...***

Feb 18, 2019, 11:26 AM [ in reply to Wasn't me, I drive a black vehicle. ***** ]

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Feb 18, 2019, 8:26 AM

Friday - Took day off of work. Took family to Waffle House. Drove around and picked out some expensive azzzz tile for the bathroom project. Came home and worked around the house on a few home improvement projects.

Saturday - Some friends of ours came over and we cooked burgers and drank. SarahAdidas got shiiithammered and barfed that night. Then barfed again the next morning. Between those two pukes, we seched 4 times. A personal record for me, and hopefully for her as well. Drank a 4pk of Westbrook's Idaho 7 Rinse and Repeat IPA. Very good.

Sunday - Worked on tile installation in bathroom. Mama and step dad came by to visit. Binge watched Shameless, which is an awesome show, btw.

9.9/10 because lots of ######## and progress made on home project.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Feb 18, 2019, 8:27 AM

Friday - kids were healthy and good
Saturday - kids were healthy and good
Sunday - kids were healthy and good and I got to ride my bike at the Velodrome and got SLAMMED at the Wings game.

10/10

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 18, 2019, 11:37 AM

For such a grumpy dude, you lead an awesome life.

It was Natty-rrific

Feb 18, 2019, 8:41 AM

Friday: worked, afterward the team hit Mellow Mushroom (yes, I was there.) Had my first Hopslam, ten oz draft. It was good, but I was expecting a lot better, 10% abv limited me to one.

Saturday: Got up, no scokker, daughter was supposed to have her first tennis lesson, that was canceled due to rain. Got home, ran a couple of miles (b/c fat) and did some home repairs. Ignored Clemson basketball, tuend out to be a great decision. Watched some of the all star festivities, and fell asleep.

Sunday: tennis lessons rescheduled for today, drop her off, ran some errands, came home and ran a little over 2 miles, piddled around, watch Daytona 500, Orlando Spurriers and the all star game.

Overall, gave it a Facebook like, just so I am not accused of being heartless.

I will say this, scokker season starts in ernest this week, so, call a doctor because this is going to last a lot longer than 4-6 hours.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for aksing!

Feb 18, 2019, 8:43 AM

Fri - Idaho7 shopping and Roman Chicken eating.
Sat - a little work at the casa to get it ready for sale; bday celebrate at Liability brewing and pizza at World Piece afterwards.
Sun - lazy and golf/neckkar watching. Both hilarious! Idaho7 partaking with about 1/8" leftovers in bottom.....

Kind of disjointed

Feb 18, 2019, 8:46 AM

It seemed like every time I zigged, life zagged. The cold rain put me in a mood. I am so over winter. Oh well, it happens.

Wilbur didn't die, so we all have that going for us.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Had it's moments.

Feb 18, 2019, 9:00 AM

Friday, sinuses were killing me so I cam home and did nothing. Treated the condition with bourbon and hot Blenheim ginger ale and gained massive improvement quickly. Crashed pretty early, can't even remember what we watched on TV...or if I even did.

Saturday, felt much improved so did typical weekend chores and ran typical weekend errands. Watched basketball game off and on but tuned in for the final collapse...so I thought. Left with about 20 seconds left and went to visit RH Mom. Saw the highlights of the end of the game over there and wasn't shocked. Losing is losing. Listened to the last 4 innings of the first baseball game with Mom on the Alexa I gave her for Christmas, which I'm shocked she has embraced. The first two weeks she had all she did was "Alexa, play Tiger Rag" over and over. Back home and walked pup, threw a crappy microwave meal in to cook since I was running out of time before going to play LOUD rock and roll. Lead guitar and drummer were on their way to being liquor drunk, so it got REALLY LOUD before the night was over. Still had huge fun and stayed out way too late.

Sunday, more rain so I undertook the kitchen clean up project I've been avoiding. Tossed out some crusty pots and pans we haven't used in years and rearranged the cabinets. Grabbed a quick shower and went to the grocery store. Got hit on by a crazy-eyed girl that parked next to me. Not bad looking, but the crazy coming off this chick was like smoke coming off a camp fire. I mean to the point I kept the shopping cart between me and her because I wasn't sure what this chick might do. Finally got away from her, went home and put groceries away then started back on more tasty bourbon and ginger ale. Made a big salad for dinner, watched Walking/Talking Dead. Crashed.

Employing the most complex of math equations, the weekend received a final score of GOOD+.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

let's see

Feb 18, 2019, 9:30 AM
sup.jpg(155.4 K)

not sure what happened Friday so it probably wasn't much

Saturday, walked the dog, washed the dog, washed the bus, drove the bus, handled an awesome parallel parking move with a '70 VW BUS (humblebrag), repaired a cabinet door, replaced a transition piece from bedroom to the closet... kielbasa sub with onions and peppers, watched the 10 min. drive to end the Natty!

Sunday, church, bfast, hung around in the garage with dog because rainy. Drank beer. BLTs with fries for dinner.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Nice looking pup and van!***

Feb 18, 2019, 9:33 AM

Just another weekend

Feb 18, 2019, 9:39 AM

Friday: Worked till 7. Frozen pizza for dinner because Red and I both had big lunches.

Saturday: Worked 9:30 to 4:30. Had lasagna, salad and bread with a bottle of wine for dinner.

Sunday: Did some touch ups around the house where its been settling. Spackle and paint here and there. Had the best dadgum pedicure of my life. Whew, lads. Get on this train of self care. Then had tacos for dinner.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

I generally try and tu every weekend post. This one was

Feb 18, 2019, 10:03 AM

really hard for me.

If it makes you feel any better,

Feb 18, 2019, 10:43 AM

I'm holding strong, and NOT TUing this nonsense.

spent 2 hours watching brad brownlee

Feb 18, 2019, 10:13 AM

rest was pretty solid

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Friday don't remember

Feb 18, 2019, 10:15 AM

Saturday had two birthday parties back to back. One was stocked with whales 2ho complained about their type 2 diabetes the whole time.

Sunday laid around the house. Started watching West Wing. Helped a friend with a dui and by help I mean made fun of

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Not bad.

Feb 18, 2019, 10:19 AM

Friday-nothing, worked from 10 pm until about 12:30.

Saturday-Drove to Winston Salem and bought a GMC 3500 diesel 4x4. Now I can tow houses for a living if i get canned from my existing job. I had a 2500 diesel a few years back, and have really missed driving it, so I got another one. It being a 3500 was a bonus just because it was priced right.

Later, got back home and went to the Windjammer to see Cravin' Melon/5 Way Friday. Cravin' show was great--Doug's sister Cam sang with them and they sounded awesome. Wished they would have played longer. 5-way was ok, but the crowd changed from cool people having fun to a bunch of old Wofford and #### fans almost instantly--just a weird vibe. We left about half way through 5 way's 2nd set. I heard that later the singer from the Blue Dogs showed up and played with both bands. Shouldn't have left so soon I guess.

Sunday-went to lunch with some friends, then later ended up at the Southern to see Hans Wenzel's band play. Another excellent show. I'm really surprised these guys are still playing these small venues for free. They got a new drummer and really sound great now. They played a lot of Zeppelin (which was awesome) and only a couple of their own songs though. Later, went home and after falling asleep on the couch, made it to bed and woke up and wondered what planet I was on.

All in all I give it a 8/10 and only deduction was for driving 10 hours in the rain.

You gonna get a bigger boat?***

Feb 18, 2019, 10:23 AM

Not any time soon.

Feb 18, 2019, 10:26 AM

I like the one I have-its perfect for what I use it for. I have some friends with bigger boats that I'm hoping I can talk into doing the Fla-Bahama's crossing with if I tow it down there.

I mean, I'll do it in mine

Feb 18, 2019, 10:38 AM

Probably not the best choice, but I ain't skeered.

If I ever get my outdrive functioning properly.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Any updates with that?***

Feb 18, 2019, 10:45 AM

Nope, parts should have come in Friday or today

Feb 18, 2019, 10:53 AM

Doubt I'll be able to prove they other shop did anything wrong. Supposed to have it back this week, at least. And he's storing it under a roof.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What did he end up ordering?

Feb 18, 2019, 11:28 AM

Just seals, bellows etc?

Just the seals, I've been thinking about the bellows

Feb 18, 2019, 11:31 AM

They were pretty much new, dunno if the gear lube sitting in it would hurt the rubber.

prob not if it was in there a few months.***

Feb 18, 2019, 11:33 AM

I'm putting it on the schedule to come down and see Hans.

Feb 18, 2019, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Not bad. ]

Also need to get down there and see Don Merckle.

19B®

They play 3rd sunday of the month at the Southern

Feb 18, 2019, 11:30 AM

Might be able to see them in other gigs but I never look because i know they play then. They start at ~4 and end at about 7:30-8..which is just about perfect for having to work on Monday.

knot bad.....knot great

Feb 18, 2019, 10:25 AM

Fri - did our VD stuffs instead of dealing with people on Thursday. Lazy Goat for dinner, wuz gud. Had planned on seeing a frand & band play @ YeeHaw, but was raining, so we just decided to go home.

Sat - us & a bunch of frands had planned all week on going to small german-ish bar close to home. I'd called ahead on friday to say 8 people were coming (this would fill up half the place), only to find out they were having a private event and were closed to general public. Plans Thwarted. Stayed home instead, minus a trip to messican place for dinner w/ the fam. Had #####....heck, even got a halfway blowyjay. SheGUAR said 'let's do this again tomorrow'. I said, "maybe then I could get the other half of that blowyjay"

Sun - no #####. No blowyjay.

Remind her that the last half of the BlowJ is the best part!***

Feb 18, 2019, 10:28 AM

I don't know what timeline "half" is for you

Feb 18, 2019, 10:30 AM [ in reply to knot bad.....knot great ]

but I can finish about 1/10 of the way into one.

it didn't take long after that....***

Feb 18, 2019, 10:31 AM

That use of 'VD,' still gives me pause.

Feb 18, 2019, 11:28 AM [ in reply to knot bad.....knot great ]

Time was, we didn't discuss VD in polite company. Cotdang a time when you have to learn new definitions which replace time honored traditional terms.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 18, 2019, 10:39 AM

Kind of sucked. I hid out in my house all weekend, even though the weather was perfect. There was a big festival near my house with a parade and tourists everywhere all weekend. The roads were too clogged to even go the market. I just avoided the crowds and stayed home.

Anything else to report???

Feb 18, 2019, 10:53 AM

TAKE IT TO THE PROSTITUTION BOARD, PAL.***

Feb 18, 2019, 11:02 AM

Re: Anything else to report???

Feb 18, 2019, 11:11 AM [ in reply to Anything else to report??? ]

No....I will let you know if I follow through. I will be honest. I probably will one time. Who knows though..

Unremarkable

Feb 18, 2019, 10:41 AM

Did some trail riding on the golf cart again Saturday, that was fun.

Highlight of my weekend was discovering the Townville Cafe. Holy shid it is good. Meat and 3 buffett, awesome burgers, all for less than what it would cost to go to Wendy's. Burger is on par with Kountry Konnections in Pendleton, and they've won awards. 10/10 will be going back.

Praying to Perry Noble that winter is OVER

I noticed my pear and plum trees are in FULL BLOOM

Feb 18, 2019, 11:31 AM

in mid-February. Due to that 10-day stretch of nice weather we had. Day lilies, other stuff too.

Zero chance we don't get some freezing weather in the next 1.5 months. Hence, ZERO chance I make any plums or pears this year. I won't miss the plums (meh fruit IMO) but I will miss those tasty pears.

Dammmmmitt.

last name Plum

Feb 18, 2019, 12:49 PM

what an arm

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 10/10......Tigers took series.....’Nuff Said

Feb 18, 2019, 10:56 AM

Getting down to Clemson and surviving I-85 made it even better.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 18, 2019, 11:19 AM

Friday- worked on the den to prep it for painting.

Saturday- beer festival. Very disappointed. A lot less beers than years passed.

Sunday- more prep work in den. Napped while watching golf and NASCAR.

7/10.

Still happening. We got Presidents Day off.***

Feb 18, 2019, 11:21 AM

I have some kinda of a mental thing going on.

Feb 18, 2019, 11:22 AM

I think most people know that I'm a nutjob so I feel comfortable talking about it. I can't get past beating Bama 44-16. I'm obsessed, I don't even know how many times I've watched the game. I quit counting at fifty (50).

I expected a win, I said so. I predicted a 17 point win that would feel more like 30. I didn't expect to really beat Bama by 28. I appreciate you letting me share what I call my terminal joy. I feel like a victim or something because I played such a small and insignificant part of this.

Save your prayers for someone who deserve them. I'm just not worthy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I watched it again this past weekend

Feb 18, 2019, 11:37 AM

I am not sure what number that is, but I have also watched a few of the other broadcasts like the SECN and the guys on the sideline. I have also watched tons of youtubes like analysis of plays and the game and people's opinions. I have watched more of this stuff than what I did after the 2016 victory I think because of the bammer beatdown.

Some of my thoughts about this game:

1. Our success in 3rd down killed bammer, especially 3rd and long. I like the fact that we think we will get a first down irregardless of the down and distance. In the past if it was 3rd and 15, I knew we were punting. With this past 2018 and Trevor Lawrence, I feel like we will get it.
2. Our coaches realized that Tua could not read defenses and didn't do well in looking for the next guy. He just didn't run into a defense and a defensive plan that took advantage of his issues. Venables plan and the players executed it very well.
3. Also related to #2, our coaches had a better gameplan and coached better. I think the yearly rotation of coaches at bammer handicaps them when they go against a team with similar talent and a coaching staff like ours that have mostly been together for a long time.
4. Call it whatever you want, butt either their players are not as awesome as we were supposed to believe, got tired which does not make sense since we did not run that many plays, took plays off or just got manhandled by Clemson players, were not coached up, or all of the above.

re: #4 - they quit and DIDN'T CARE.

Feb 18, 2019, 11:49 AM

#92 walked off the field smiling and laughing.

Those guys just go there to play at the next level. They didn't care like we did in any of the Natty matchups. They did care in the Sugar Bowl and it showed. But with the downfield passing attack this year, we had them beat on offense and have had them each time on defense.

I think Bama is done.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree.

Feb 18, 2019, 12:46 PM

Bama is done. Imo, the game has passed Saban by. It started before he hired Kiffen and has worked to his demise since 'Johnny Football,' dropped him in regular season some five or six years ago. It's all worked out now.

The final nail in his coffin was putting Tua behind center to try and catch up or keep up with the game. He couldn't recruit a Trevor type QB because he can't coach one. Tua is as close as he'll ever get to a passing quarterback who can read a defensive secondary post snap. Stick a fork in him. Jake Fromm will kick his asz before he gets to us next year.

Agreed. I don't think his Process/System works anymore.

Feb 18, 2019, 12:54 PM

The players clearly do not care the way Clemson's players do. Plus, they are of lower IQ and lesser character. The best will come to Clemson. The rest will go to Bama and elsewhere but Saban's time has passed him by. When the assistant coaches don't like you AND you can't motivate the players AND your system doesn't work against your better rivals, you're done.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I watched it again this past weekend

Feb 18, 2019, 12:50 PM [ in reply to I watched it again this past weekend ]

My prediction was based on Tua's inability to read a defense post snap. I'd watched UGA, OU and a couple other games. UGA blew one play which cost them the game and OU's defensive strategy was pitiful until they came out and played top down defense. When OU decided nothing was going to be thrown over their heads Tua's confusion led to OU scoring 34 and holding Bama to 17 in the remainder of the game.

Better than the last two.

Feb 18, 2019, 11:43 AM

But as a Clemson man/woman, how could one ever have a truly "bad" weekend?

Cuz dem NATTIES yo!

Replies: 54
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic