Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Talk about a bias/double standard????
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 4,196

Talk about a bias/double standard????

Jan 6, 2016, 6:54 AM

Dabo made the comment that if we beat Alabama and end the season 15-0 then, we'd be the best ever. In response, most pundants scoff at that statement, calling it questionable and bold. Basically saying "between the lines" that somehow Dabo is just being Dabo in saying something so wrong. Then, I've seen and read several articles saying that Nick Saban is coaching "probably the best team ever" and no one, except Clemson fans, even raise an eyebrow.

We are the most disrespected, laughed at, delegitimized #1, undefeated team in the history of CFB. While there isn't a single thing we can realistically do to earn respect, it's just frustrating knowing even if we win, we still won't be given the credit for our success. When we win, it will be for many, many reasons and none of those reasons will be related to our performance or our being deserving. The reasons are going to be....a down year for CFB, we are an anomaly, a fluke and the real reason, "it's clear the better team didn't win...if Alabama played Clemson 10 times, Alabama would win 9.5 times." They are just going to roll over us as a fake, poser and an unfortunate accident. They'll laugh at Dabo, pat him on the head and dismiss him and Clemson as a "flash in the pan" saying we had a good season in a bad year. You laugh, I can hear you, please laugh all you want but you know I am stating the most likely outcome.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glad to see you raising eyebrows at this!***

Jan 6, 2016, 6:58 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Talk about a bias/double standard????

Jan 6, 2016, 7:01 AM

Based off the direction the program is heading, we should be in the Football
Playoff conversation for years to come.

You're too woried about what others think

Jan 6, 2016, 7:01 AM

Just watch the game, cheer for the Tigers and accept the fact that we had a tremendous season win lose or draw

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For the last several weeks our fans were right when we...

Jan 6, 2016, 7:08 AM

held up one finger representing ourselves as #1.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are most probably right.

Jan 6, 2016, 7:07 AM

But it won't matter one way or the other when we bring home the trophy. I suspect it won't rust and we've plenty of folks who will ride to Clemson and polish it with lovingcare.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As a Ravens fan we were disrespected and not praised

Jan 6, 2017, 2:29 PM

for being Super Bowl Champs in 2000 or 2012. Some teams and schools just don't get the praise but that is fine. Clemson may be the same. You learn to live with it. The fun; however, is knowing that many of our rivals and sports pundits know the truth of the team's greatness and it sticks in their crawl badly. Watching them come unhinged and shoving it in their face every opportunity you get is pure joy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As a Ravens fan we were disrespected and not praised

Jan 7, 2016, 6:39 AM

As a Steelers fan....... I full respect the Ravens and their SB wins. I don't see how anyone can't/won't.

Jan 6, 2016, 7:20 AM

I thought you were talking about the c00ts.

Hint: Not in EsecPN league or the NFLsec League!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What Dabo is saying....

Jan 6, 2016, 7:37 AM

is that no other team has ever finished a season 15 - 0 which would be the best single-season win loss record in college football history.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: What Dabo is saying....

Jan 6, 2016, 7:45 AM

> is that no other team has ever finished a season 15 -
> 0 which would be the best single-season win loss
> record in college football history.

The Penn Quakers did it in 1897 :)

OK...modern Division 1 college football history....

Jan 6, 2016, 7:53 AM

although that Quaker team did beat both Penn State and UVa during that 1897 season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

How many times have we been

Jan 6, 2016, 7:42 AM

On the cover of sports illustrated? Sure, there are plenty of people and groups that do not want to admit Clemson has power, but there are just as many who give us a ton of respect.
Dabo does things differently, and different always will cause some folks to fear it and consequently condescend it.
The thing to worry about is if recruits do not respect us and that obviously is not the case. They all think highly of Clemson, and their circle of friends, family, and coaches must also.
Winning the hearts of a bunch of narrow minded, jaded, arrogant pundits and opponent's fanbases really shouldn't mean anything.

Yeah, well, when we win it again next year too

Jan 6, 2016, 7:49 AM

that will shut them up! :)

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Stop watching ESPN

Jan 6, 2016, 8:17 AM

They literally own the SEC network. So, they have a vested interest in glorifying the SEC. It's very transparent. Try FOX sports, or WCCP if you need someone to tell you their opinion.
http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/hey-sec-youre-not-that-good-101612
https://secexposed.wordpress.com/

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't agree with this at all

Jan 6, 2016, 9:10 AM

yeah, we're not the MOST respected team ever, but we are far, far from being the most disrespected. And no, we shouldn't be considered the best team EVER in the history of college football because we win 15 games. There are teams from the past (Miami, Nebraska come to mind) that would have won 40 games if they had played that many, true powerhouses that obliterated everyone in their path. W-L records are skewed due to modern day scheduling.

Remember BYU? They won a NC in the Holiday bowl beating a 6-5 team.
Colorado? They won a game getting 5 downs, and split a NC with Ga Tech. Neither team was cnsidered very good.
The LSU team in 2007 that lost TWO games, including their last home game? No team was really championship worthy that year.
There's many more but I'll keep it brief.

Just enjoy the unbelieveble positive national publicity we are getting. Don't let yourself be angry and bitter during this time of unbridled glee.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^this

Jan 6, 2016, 10:31 PM

Nm

Now I has the sad :(***

Jan 6, 2016, 10:21 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Jan 6, 2016, 10:40 PM

I feel that most people feel the best two teams in the country are playing...that makes the one that wins this game THE BEST...in past years that discussion might have merit. But this year we have a playoff for just that reason. The team that wins the playoff gets the trophy, and that should be end of discussion.

Just stop watching ESPN. It will improve your life and

Jan 6, 2016, 10:46 PM

health tremendously. But I must admit I have taped and watched the football special this week that is originating from Clemson. I just fast forward through the part about Bama. Clemson is getting much publicity and love during this time and we need to stop complaining and just sit back and enjoy this special time for our school and program. JMHO, Go Tigers!

I haven't heard anyone say this Bama team is one of the best ever.

Jan 6, 2016, 10:47 PM

Some talk about the defense being Sabans best, buy that's all I've heard.

In more modern history 1995 Nebraska and 2001 Miami are the greatest teams.

At the end of the season, the CFP committee

Jan 6, 2016, 11:13 PM

Looked at everyone's performance and ranked the top teams 1-25.

If we win on Monday, we will have beaten 5 of the 9 non-Clemson Top 10 teams in that ranking. We will have beaten six 10+ win teams. I very much doubt that that has ever happened before. We will have done so during our fifth consecutive year of 10+ win seasons, with recent wins against top programs like LSU, Ohio State and Oklahoma (twice now). We will have done so with a 51-game win streak against teams we are leading going into the fourth quarter, and a five year win streak against unranked opponents. This program has turned into something special, and since no one in the media cares to give us credit, I have no problem if our program's leader takes it for the team.

null

Anyone who discredits our team or #1 ranking

Jan 6, 2016, 11:20 PM

clearly isn't paying attention. We have the most quality wins this year, are the only undefeated team, and have left no doubt that we are the best team. Those who want to pick Alabana are not basing that on facts, but on hopes and dreams.

We will beat Bama on Monday night, because we are the better team. There will be no doubt that we are #1.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Just win and to heck with the rest!!!!!!!!!!!!***

Jan 6, 2016, 11:25 PM

undefeated FSU got no respect last year either!***

Jan 7, 2016, 1:22 AM

Re: undefeated FSU got no respect last year either!***

Jan 7, 2016, 6:33 AM

Puuleeze! You guys are 10 times better than last year's FSU team. I'm not sure why anyone thinks there is lack of respect for your team. You're ranked #1, kicked OU's butt, and you've definitely got our attention.

Like the guy said, enjoy what you've accomplished. Win or lose, everybody will remember this team.

FSU wasn't that great last year. They were incredibly lucky

Jan 7, 2016, 8:32 AM [ in reply to undefeated FSU got no respect last year either!*** ]

to be undefeated.

Replies: 26
| visibility 4,196
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic