Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Let's have an honest moment
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Let's have an honest moment

Oct 16, 2016, 12:04 PM

Ok so throughout the game I had all the faith in the world that we would pull it out. My only doubts came when the kicker lined up the first time, if you were at home you could see the ball sail to the right just a little bit. He still made the practice shot of course, but thank God Dabo iced him and it made him a little nervous.... At that time during the time out I was thinking about our NC game vs Bama, the rest of our season, Wilkins blocked kick earlier in the game and I was thinking WHAT IF Wilkins blocks this kick. That's when my faith came back just a little bit. The kicker lined back up, I still had the thoughts of the ball sailing right the first time he barely made it. He lines for the kick, heart pumping, all kind thoughts going thru my head, Ganies Adams Block and return for a touchdown vs WF in 06 even popped in my head for a brief moment. The kicker kicks the ball and it sails right again! This time he didn't make it(thank you God) I screamed so loud and start running thru my house. We all know what happened after that.

My question to you guys is. At that last moment of regulation who had faith that we would block it, or the kid would miss it? Who thought the game was over when he lined up the 2nd time, and who believed we would find some way to win? Honest question and I just want some honest answers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honest...

Oct 16, 2016, 12:07 PM

Felt 110% sure we were doomed and had even settled on possibility we might get back to ACCCG but probably not to Final 4.

Hey...!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought it was over.

Oct 16, 2016, 12:10 PM

I heard echoes of the Bowden years, but that was not to be, not with THIS team.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought he would make it because we deserved to lose-

Oct 16, 2016, 12:20 PM

Of all the games the last several years that we COULD'VE lost, this is the only one we won that we SHOULD'VE lost.

Auburn, Louisville, Troy in the 4th - all those games we made plays to win even though the games were close. We didn't make a play yesterday to end regulation. They flat out lost it.

We've got to secure the ball, but ever since the 2nd half of last season, we're very prone to turnovers. We can't keep winning this way.

Tell'em Coot...

Oct 16, 2016, 1:52 PM

Smdh still shaking it

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

before the kick I was thinking of how now

Oct 16, 2016, 12:36 PM

We needed to definitely crush FSU and win Out impressively.

But the second he kicked it you could tell it was going wide right. The jock did not look like it was going to be good for even a split second

Re: Let's have an honest moment

Oct 16, 2016, 12:37 PM

Honest moment!
If their kicker had made just one of those kicks we would be playing for the Meinkie Car Crap Bowl
or the Russell Athletic Bra Bowl.

lol if coming from you who bashes everybody elses ifs

Oct 16, 2016, 12:39 PM

if we don't turn it over we score about 4 more touch downs

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 16, 2016, 2:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Let's have an honest moment ]

An 11-1 Clemson team with an ACC Championship would be in a New Years Six bowl, possibly even one of the two CFP bowls depending on how things shake out. You're seriously overreacting if you thing one loss would have sent us to Meineke or Russell.

There was never a doubt in my mind the we were going

Oct 16, 2016, 12:41 PM

to lose 20-17. I love being proved wrong!

Let's just say,

Oct 16, 2016, 12:44 PM

I had more confidence in him missing it, than in this being an honest thread.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does this answer your question for what I thought?

Oct 16, 2016, 12:46 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=20241689

I thought it was over

Oct 16, 2016, 12:47 PM

once they got inside the 30 yard line or so. They were just moving it and our team, for the first time in a long time, looked like they just didn't have it in them.
Like how many times can you just reach way down and pull out that extra something and make the dramatic stop? Notre Dame, Louisville, Troy, Louisville again, there are some more. But here, right now, they reached down in there and there was nothing.
Then fate steps in. How incredible.
That's our one freebie. Let's make sure it goes to good use. Let's finish this and make history.

Anyone who believed we would win that game with 0:02 to play

Oct 16, 2016, 12:57 PM

... should stay out of Las Vegas. I saw his practice shot go a little right too, and there's always the possibility that a kicker will miss even a short field goal. But anyone who says they believed that we would win at that moment is either lying or stupid. There was a 90%+ chance that we would lose.

I considered turning off the TV before that kick, I was so sure it was over. But I thought, "I support them when they win, I'll be with them when they don't." Of course I'm happy with the win, but if every game ended with the opponent trying a 33-yard field goal for the win, we'd be 1-11 every year.

Honestly?

Oct 16, 2016, 1:00 PM

My mind left my body.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 16, 2016, 1:03 PM

I thought we were done. I was so sad that we were going to lose. I screamed so much I can hardly talk today. Then came the int and I called my buddy and we screamed some more. NC state guy down road had to hear me scream lol

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought there was a chance he could miss or we could block it

Oct 16, 2016, 1:06 PM

but I thought there was a much better chance he would make it.

Re: i thought after

Oct 16, 2016, 1:15 PM

He made the one we called TO on, it was a done deal. Practice kick good. No way he misses second kick. Glad I was wrong.

Oct 16, 2016, 1:49 PM

I was convinced it was over and thought to myself, how did we get here?

I knew we would win it in OT!

Oct 16, 2016, 1:52 PM

I never gave up hope. I watched in UC as fans were leaving. I want to beat the traffic, said one guy. Are you freaking kidding me!!!! It's not over til it's over, win or lose. You stay til the end. You finish the game!!!

Oct 16, 2016, 2:04 PM

I thought our best hope was a bad snap. Second best hope was a missed or blocked FG, but I thought chances of winning was about 10 percent.

I kept repeating to myself, "I can't believe we're about to lose this game."

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

They beat us in the trenches

Oct 16, 2016, 2:06 PM

We fumble bc our running backs have to fight for yards. We can't run the ball. Nobody blocks. Our OL gets beat. All the skill players are fighting for extra yards. That's why we fumble so many times. Our defensive line got beat like a rag doll. They couldn't stop them. Time for the line men to lift weights

Oct 16, 2016, 2:09 PM

With about a minute and a half left I started thinking maybe we should just let them score to get the ball back with tine for a chance to go down and tie it back up. It was obvious they were draining the clock for a chipshot FG. He had already missed one and had one blocked, I'm thinking no way he misses again. I was thinking State still has FSU and Louisville and how much it sucks not to control your on destiny. Sure enough they drain the clock down to 2 seconds and he makes the practice shot but it was to the right side and I remembered Wilkins block. Didn't really even want to watch the kick sort of watched it with one eye and then it started going right and I yelled o chit he missed it, we got to take advantage. Then in OT we go for it on fourth down and I remembered FSU 2 years ago and how much yesterday's game of that game. This time we made the first down then snap it over Watson's head on the one yard line are you kidding me. Again FSU 2 years ago came to mind. Then finally Watson to Scott for a TD and all was right with the world. I knew our D would get a stop and the W. First play Edmunds pic I jump up and yell THEY WON THEY WON. I turn 50 years old in three days, I was thinking all game I don't want the last time I watch the Tigers play before I turn 50 to be an L, Thank You Tigers for the Win, Go Tigers!

I was so distraught thinking my dream 12-15 game season was

Oct 16, 2016, 2:13 PM

coming down to this. I thought for a second how close his 1st kick was and that he may try to overcorrect and miss... and then I said a prayer and asked the spirit of Gaines Adam's to come help us out on this FG. I'm pretty sure he was down there.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Oct 16, 2016, 2:16 PM

I was nervous, hopeful and yelling as loud as I possibly could with 80,000+ of my closest friends trying to cause another false start.

Oct 16, 2016, 2:21 PM

I thought we would lose BUT I still had hope!

WHEW!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Was ready to go with 1 min left.

Oct 16, 2016, 9:27 PM

But came with state fans. Sat it out and glad I did

When he barely got the "practice" kick inside the right

Oct 17, 2016, 7:24 AM

upright, I thought there was a chance he was going to miss the next one. But, due to him clanging one off the right upright earlier, and then barely sneaking in the one that he went through with when Dabo iced him, right side again, I could see him overcorrecting and duck hooking the next one left. Couldn't believe he missed it wide right again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic