Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone think Cain will show out this year?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Anyone think Cain will show out this year?

Jul 14, 2017, 2:32 AM

This is his year, NFL comes calling for CU receivers. He's grown up, and been under the leadership of M Williams, plays a little like him and faster than he looks. Regardless of how QB situation shakes out, I expect ( on the deep ball ) he'll have another great year this year. With his speed and ability to get behind defenders, sometimes he makes it look easy. He's a veteran now, and I'm sure he'll be glad to lead the way for all the upcoming Fresh & Soph talent. He's another security blanket just like Renfrow to a young QB. Proven.
Enjoy

Message was edited by: ATech®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes***

Jul 14, 2017, 5:14 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cain is certainly ,

Jul 14, 2017, 7:54 AM

Able!

Re: Anyone think Cain will show out this year?

Jul 14, 2017, 6:25 AM

Nah, cains no good

Jul 14, 2017, 6:59 AM

I do. He is as gifted an athlete as we have had. He will be the next Mike Williams, IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 14, 2017, 7:11 AM

Dean Cain? No. As an actor he's done.

I think he's ready... we just need to find someone that

Jul 14, 2017, 7:15 AM

can get him the ball.

Jul 14, 2017, 7:18 AM

"The Blur" will rule. I still like to call him that. :)

Don't know,

Jul 14, 2017, 7:27 AM

but I do know we need him to.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Yes, I believe Cain is Abel to***

Jul 15, 2017, 5:08 PM

Jul 15, 2017, 5:17 PM

He better, or Overton will take his job. I thought both he and Powell were more complete receivers at this stage than Cain and McCloud.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 15, 2017, 5:24 PM

I agree. While Cain has the experience and physical tools to get it done, Powell & Overton will be looking for that spot. The talent is there with all 3, immense talent. I hope Cain will be a veteran leader this year and put up some big numbers.

Jul 15, 2017, 5:26 PM

throw T higgins into the mix and there will be a lot of competition at this spot. I am sure the coaches have pulled him aside and reminded him of this.

Jul 15, 2017, 6:15 PM

Sure he's reminded to stay out of trouble as well...

Jul 16, 2017, 1:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Anyone think Cain will show out this year? ]

I agree- How good Cain becomes will depend on how hard those guys push him.

Jul 16, 2017, 1:35 AM

You nailed it. He's designated to take Mike's spot. He's proven he can do it. He has also moved past his ways IMO. He and Dabo had a good talk, and I think that not being able to play and watch his teammates on the field, really motivated him last year. He's on a good track and has big game experience, but like you mentioned, he is up against a very deep and talented WR core. He'll have to bring it every practice , every game. I think he can and will. We have plenty of QB's that can throw downfield without getting into that. Maybe I'm an optimist for Cain, but he's been clutch.

Jul 16, 2017, 1:44 AM

I am still not sold on Cain. He is great streaking down the sideline and has really good ball skills, but it is the little things that separate him from Williams, route running, blocking, making clutch plays when it counts. No doubt he will have a great year, but from what I saw he did not show a lot of progress last year. But by all accounts, he is having a great summer and as RJ said, he will benefit by having younger guys pushing him. I hope he picks up where MW left off.

Jul 16, 2017, 2:06 AM

> he will benefit by
> having younger guys pushing him. I hope he picks up
> where MW left off.

That's all I'm hoping for, talent is there. Could use some coaching from Dabo on route running and clean that up. MW wasn't the cleanest of route runners as we know, as to why a guy like Renfrow who runs tight routes slips by defenders and get's catches. On the deep ball, IMO he has been clutch getting behind defenders. Watch how he plays a little like Mike against U of L, catching the ball and carrying defenders. Makes plays look easy with his speed. Just hoping the best for Cain so he can have an NFL WRU career ahead of him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH5yETKyQJ4

Jul 16, 2017, 4:38 PM

rigtht now he is beating guys on pure athleticism, and on a lot of those plays watson threw him open. I know I am being very critical, but after watching the show williams put on this year we are a little spoiled.

Jul 16, 2017, 9:32 PM

While I disagree with you on Cain, we agree that Mike Williams will be missed. ;)

Jul 16, 2017, 9:59 PM

I agree I am being overly critical, just saying he has room to improve and when he puts it all together I will be the first one offer him props. Cant wait to see the season start.

Jul 16, 2017, 8:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyone think Cain will show out this year? ]

Don't forgot Cain is only in his 3rd real year of playing WR. He's been on the CU wr crash course. With little experience compared to his peers, he has still dominated at times against top tier competition. I mean he single-handily turned around the national champ game with his RAC if you ask me.

I'm a big fan of Cain, knowing the athletism he has plus the top notch coaching at CU. He will be the man this year in CFB as long as we have a QB getting it to him. He is more mature and that's showing, plus the work he is putting in the weight room, no one is taking his spot!

Jul 16, 2017, 10:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Anyone think Cain will show out this year? ]

y'all realize all three of these guys will play significant snaps this year. Cain was a backup last year and was second on the team in tds. There will be no one talking his job. One guy can't play every snap. If he runs a long pattern and doesn't get a touchdown he is going to come out a play and his backup will go in. same way it was last year with him and Mike. He had 9 tds as a backup i say he gets 15 as a starter.

Aye !***

Jul 15, 2017, 6:21 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Si`***

Jul 15, 2017, 10:03 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 16, 2017, 4:05 AM

Not only can he blow down field to catch the long ones , but he's got quite the ability to catch a short pass ??

and slice and dice downfield for a huge gain .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2017, 8:12 AM

That RAC ability is really what I think got our offense going in the NCG .

DB23

Jul 16, 2017, 2:40 PM

His RAC ability is elite. Go back and watch his HS tape. He certainly wasn't just a deep threat... At the QB position. He made play after play with his legs making guys miss. Combine that with the ability to burn on go-routes and yes, he will show out this year. We have multiple guys that can get him the ball, no worries there

Absolutely.***

Jul 16, 2017, 8:58 AM

He is playing to be a NFL 1st rounder.

Jul 17, 2017, 10:17 AM

He and Ray Ray both know what is at stake. I expect both of them to have huge seasons.

All-American potential if QB Delivers***

Jul 17, 2017, 6:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No doubt, Cain will be there...

Jul 17, 2017, 6:24 PM

...as he has been and will be a crucial play maker this year.

However, I believe our next real Mike Williams will come in the destructor form of Tee Higgins.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's his turn.

Jul 17, 2017, 7:25 PM

If he doesn't somebody else will and he well knows it. IMO, we continue playing with a first round draft pick and probably the first WR taken, Deon Cain.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic