Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone that knows someone who had ALS, understands what Dabo did
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,610

Anyone that knows someone who had ALS, understands what Dabo did

Jan 21, 2016, 11:05 PM

I watched a relative of mine suffer from ALS. At first she could barely speak. Then a month passed and she couldn't speak at all, and could barely breathe. Within months she succumbed to the disease. Imagine a giant python slowly squeezing the life out of you day by day. ALS doesn't affect your mind, so you know you're slowly dying. There is no cure.
While this young man may not fit our criterion for what we look for in a football recruit, I understand why Dabo offered him a scholarship. What better place for a young man that will have to endure the inevitable hurt of losing his father than at Clemson? Sometimes it's bigger than the game of football. Dabo had a chance to be a blessing to a former teammate and friend and he took advantage of it, and I don't blame him one bit.
Proverbs 11:25-26 "Whoever brings blessing will be enriched, and one who waters will himself be watered. The people curse him who holds back grain, but a blessing is on the head of him who sells it."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen brother!***

Jan 21, 2016, 11:19 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Yes, Amen! (: Amen brother!*** )

Jan 21, 2016, 11:28 PM

This recruitment story started off with lots of negativism but now we're seeing the wisdom & love that went into it, and the probability we will end up with a great Tiger player who will give 110% & make all proud!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree 100%..thanks for posting.***

Jan 21, 2016, 11:26 PM

Re: Agree 100%..thanks for posting.***

Jan 21, 2016, 11:30 PM

Or maybe he is a good football player. We need safeties. He is a safety. Makes sense. I'm sure his dad is a friend of Dabo's. Yes, Dabo runs a family that includes legacies and friends sometimes, but this staff is phenomenal at evaluating talent. I think this is degrading to the kid. Stop telling us why a kid got a scholly and just trust the staff. I hear they just played for a national title.

Re: Anyone that knows someone who had ALS, understands what Dabo did

Jan 21, 2016, 11:50 PM

Beautifully said friend. Lost my dad to ALS. I will never forget watching a very healthy, vibrant man, reduced to a helpless 110lb man. As you mentioned, daddys mind was still sharp, as he daily, it seemed lost more function and abilities. It is as cruel a disease as there is, period. God have mercy on this young man and his family, and God bless Dabo. Proud he is our coach!

Everyone ought to understand that.......its way more than

Jan 22, 2016, 12:27 AM

Just about football with Dabo. It's qualities like he has exhibited here that attract the type of young men that choose Clemson University. I would hope that guys like R. Gary can see that the difference at Clemson is a lot more than brick and mortar.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Everyone ought to understand that.......its way more than

Jan 22, 2016, 1:01 AM

Very well said. Dabo does things the right way.

Well said.***

Jan 22, 2016, 12:55 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

yeah but we've got a Natty to win and only 85 schollies

Jan 22, 2016, 5:00 AM

to do it with!!!

why waste time on character??!!

why waste time on intelligence??!!

why waste time on leadership??!!

why waste time on those who don't care if there's no I in Team??!!

why waste time on "family"??!!

why spend even one minute tracking down anything but raw, unadulterated, physical athleticism??!!

'cause, you know, Kendrick Taylor was the real "savior" of Clemson Football.....

Psssttttttt !!!!! It's Rendrick ..... and I did not know

Jan 22, 2016, 6:26 AM

He is currently a grad assistant on our Strength & Conditioning staff.

AND he is working towards his masters.

LOVE our family !!!

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Anyone that knows Dabo, understands what Dabo did***

Jan 22, 2016, 5:39 AM

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,610
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic