Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone see Sergio cave in at the Players?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Anyone see Sergio cave in at the Players?

May 12, 2013, 10:00 PM

Sad,sad. Noone seemed to really want to challenge Tiger, who really did not do that much to "hold off the field". I will say that he is playing solid, but this is not the Tiger "of old". The golf needs a little more excitment. It's sad that the highlight of the week was a spat about a little crowd noise from a typical whiner about a typical jerk.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

I try to not watch pasture pool.***

May 12, 2013, 10:03 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I am normally with you but I will watch the last 5-6 holes

May 12, 2013, 10:09 PM

if some Clemson golfers or the normal big names are in it to win on Sundays. I guess I am ready for some #### football. Can't wait until end of August!

Was rooting for Sergio to make it interesting.

May 12, 2013, 11:14 PM

A very difficult game that the TV guys make look so easy. Been playing since HS in the 70's and will never conquer this great game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sergio should have been worrying more about his game and...

May 12, 2013, 11:22 PM

worried less about dissing Tiger Woods.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sergio should have been worrying more about his game and...

May 13, 2013, 12:44 AM

Sergio initially never truly dissed Tiger.

In the interview he was asked the question what happened on #2 and what he said was true. Tiger pulled a club while he was getting ready to hit his shot and thus that got the gallery a little excited. Sergio then said you know, if that hadn't of happened I still may have hit the shot bad and to the right.

If Tiger had apologized at the green by saying hey, the marshal told me you had already hit (which was BS on Tigers part as you could hear Sergio hitting his ball in the video replay and Tiger could easily hear that right after he pulled his club). And if he had said my bad. It would had ended right then and there.

Tiger had to keep things stirred up that night in his interview. And thus Sergio then had to respond again. It all could had ended much sooner.

I don't think Tiger necessarily did it on purpose but yeah thats an easy par 5 and Sergio went from making what is usually for those guys a pretty easy birdie to a bogey.

cry me a river, just another golfer whining….

May 13, 2013, 1:04 AM

there are too many cry babies in golf, and tennis also.

Re: cry me a river, just another golfer whining….

May 13, 2013, 1:28 AM

I think any sport where you play by yourself and not on a team is going to lend itself to a lot of 'whining'

Part of what makes golf and tennis unique is there is nowhere else to place the blame other than yourself, which makes them extremely difficult sports to master the mental aspect of.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 13, 2013, 10:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Sergio should have been worrying more about his game and... ]

Same thing Tigger done to fuzzy way back when.

Tigger cost fuzzy millions of dollars over some stupid crap that he could have put a end to in seconds.

instead he let it build and build and cost fuzzy his alot of money.

Fried chicken and turnip greens or what ever they eat.

was the words

May 13, 2013, 12:46 AM [ in reply to Sergio should have been worrying more about his game and... ]

But yeah Sergio does need to be a little more focused about his game and not get so easily distracted.

But Tigers been known to play this type of gamesmanship.

I'm certainly not a huge Sergio fan. I am glad to see his game come around from where it was about 3 years ago and if he is in contention it makes the game better.

But I do like his honesty.

Sergio running his mouth put too much pressure on himself

May 13, 2013, 7:59 AM [ in reply to Sergio should have been worrying more about his game and... ]

down the stretch. Next time, don't whine so much so publicly and maybe you won't choke on the last few holes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's won 4 of 7 starts and this is the quickest to 4 wins...

May 13, 2013, 12:09 AM

If not for a freak shot at the Masters it could easily be 5 of 7... I'd say he's back

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL. Echoing what tigermaniac said above me...Tiger is

May 13, 2013, 4:31 AM

definitely back, he'll win one major this year, potentially two, and will win at least three more tournaments this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

I'm not a "Tiger Guy", but what he has done this year is

May 13, 2013, 6:41 AM

amazing. The fact that people are unimpressed and say stuff like this pretty much verifies that he's the best to ever tee it up... or at least Top 2 of all time.

He is the best of all time, but if anyone in contention had

May 13, 2013, 8:39 AM

of made a run on Sunday like Laird, Sreelman or Walker,then Tiger would have missed out again. He is definely the best, I just don't see him DOMINATING like he used to. I don't buy into the mantra that "the rest of the guys are just better than they used to be".

Re: He is the best of all time, but if anyone in contention had

May 13, 2013, 10:24 AM

He is NOT the best of all time

Re: Anyone see Sergio cave in at the Players?

May 13, 2013, 6:54 AM

People who say this proves he isn't the tiger of old obviously didnt watch him when he was on top of his game. He had never been a Sunday guy. He makes the shots he needs to and watches the others crumble. His big rounds have always been Friday or Saturday. When everyone knows they need something special to beat you they tend to make mistakes.

null

You saw why Sergio has never won many tournaments......

May 13, 2013, 9:14 AM

much less a major - he can't control his emotions and focus like he needs to be able to.

Also, Tiger intimidates - no doubt about it. Sergio couldn't stand up to him. Instead, he choked big time.

Re: You saw why Sergio has never won many tournaments......

May 13, 2013, 9:28 AM

You are so right about that. I feel bad for him because that he seems like a decent guy......just has his own demons to deal with.

A good friend of mine owns a couple of restaurants...

May 13, 2013, 9:57 AM

on Hilton Head Island that are frequented by many PGA Tour players the week of the Heritage. According to my friend, Sergio is a very demanding condescending jerk who rarely tips the wait staff and when he does, it is well below what is considered normal and customary.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: A good friend of mine owns a couple of restaurants...

May 13, 2013, 10:25 AM

Check Tigers about that tipping thing

who tips at

May 13, 2013, 10:32 AM [ in reply to A good friend of mine owns a couple of restaurants... ]

Burger King?

Re: A good friend of mine owns a couple of restaurants...

May 13, 2013, 10:33 AM [ in reply to A good friend of mine owns a couple of restaurants... ]

not surprising actually

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

New Drink at The Players Club Bar. It's called "The Sergio"

May 13, 2013, 1:54 PM

1 shot and splash of water.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Re: New Drink at The Players Club Bar. It's called "The Sergio"

May 13, 2013, 10:39 PM

I think I've had that one a few times myself.

First time I pulled for Sergio and he did me like Phil,

May 13, 2013, 1:59 PM

Lucas, JByrd, Kyle, and DJ. Really hurts since I am now in an ABT frame of mind.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic