Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone see Penn State & USC contending?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Anyone see Penn State & USC contending?

Jun 29, 2017, 11:31 PM

Penn State has got a RB ( S. Barkley ) that is going to be a high draft pick and their QB Trace M. hung pretty tight with USC ( the real ) in the rose bowl. Of course Sam D. looked pretty solid in the pocket all day, which is why he is talked about so much this year, even USC contending for final 4. If what I watched in the Rose bowl is anything like what CF will see this year, Penn State should hang in there as well.

USC lost some WR talent to the draft, however west coast recruits the west coast. They re-load, and USC has been a staple for talented players. Justin F. #2 rated QB, still committed to PSU?

Short of the long of it, USC has Sam D. and some pretty good backs as well. We know what a great QB can do for a team. Penn State will have a balanced attack. Don't know a lot about their D-Lines, but there is some talk about both teams, along with OSU of course. While Bama and some other dark horse team will appear, I could see both Penn St. & USC in it as well.

No worries Tiger Nation, This D Line will be the feared amongst the country while we put together a potent offensive attack amongst all our 5 star talent. We may be the dark horse this year. All I know for sure is.. WE TOO DEEP.

You see Penn State & USC contending this year?

Message was edited by: ATech®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Both will be highly ranked to start the year

Jun 30, 2017, 1:10 AM

Both will be lower ranked to end the year.

Both teams benefit by avoiding Clemson on their schedule.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Both will be highly ranked to start the year

Jun 30, 2017, 1:19 AM

I agree that they will benefit by not having Clemson on the schedule, I just have a notion that at least one of the two are going to compete. A lot of talent at those two programs right now. Our defense will crush em' both at a major bowl game or final 4 appearance either way, if they make it that far.

Jun 30, 2017, 6:15 AM [ in reply to Both will be highly ranked to start the year ]

^
^
^
^
|

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jun 30, 2017, 6:53 AM [ in reply to Both will be highly ranked to start the year ]

That is precise!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Re: Anyone see Penn State & USC contending?

Jun 30, 2017, 6:26 AM

Justin Fields recently decooted from Penn State. He also will be a senior in high school next year, so he isn't a factor.

Everyone knows what will happen. Both of those teams will get lots of hype and love from the press (aka Lamar Jackson treatment). Then, if one of them makes it to the playoff and has to play Bama or an ACC team, they'll get exposed. Should be FUN to watch! *yawn*

Go Tigers!

Jun 30, 2017, 6:57 AM

I didn't read all of the OP's post, but I contend that PSU will win the Big 10 again. USC will have to deal with Chris Peterson's awesome team for the Pac-12 championship. It would not surprise me to see PSU and the winner of USC/UW in the playoffs. Bama will again be in the top 4, and let's hope CLEMSON can claim the 4th spot, which I think will be the winner of FSU/CLEMSON (or maybe Texas).

Southern Cal for sure. PSU I have not researched enough***

Jun 30, 2017, 6:58 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes. I think Penn State going to have a hard time winning

Jun 30, 2017, 8:09 AM

their division since they have to travel to OSU this year, but i think they will be in contention. They have Michigan and then at OSU in back to back weeks in late October. Those two games should let us know whether or not they are a legit playoff contender. The rest of their schedule is very manageable.

USC *should* win their division easily. They don't have to play Washington in the regular season and they get Stanford, Texas, and UCLA all at home. Road games at Wazzu and ND could maybe become tricky, but it's a pretty easy schedule overall for the Trojans.

My real issue with both teams is that i just don't think they are good enough in the trenches yet to actually win the playoff. Both are good enough to get there though.

Jun 30, 2017, 8:11 AM

Southern Cal has the best QB in college football so it's hard to believe they won't contend.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Jun 30, 2017, 9:09 AM

One of the best bowl games I watched. Very competitive. I think both will be top twelve teams. USC has a chance to make the playoffs but they will have to get by Washington and I still have doubts. IT will depend how their receivers do.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2017, 12:18 AM

It was one of the best bowl games I've ever watched myself. Both of those teams slugged it out. High scoring game 52-49. That was the first time I watched Sam D., he's the real deal. As far as Washington, they lost a lot of top receiver & DB talent, so I'm wondering who's up next to fill those roles. I still think PSU and USC both have a chance at being in top 10 contention. Bigger hill for PSU because of OSU, that way we'll see what they are both made of if we meet them down the road.

Penn State, If And Only If They Are Contending to Win

Jul 1, 2017, 1:16 AM

The Boy Sodomy and Rape National Championship.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Penn State formidable but USC has the QB

Jul 1, 2017, 2:12 AM

So, I doubt both of them make it. USC has the better chance though.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic