Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone see MoRon's article on baseball
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 3,037

Anyone see MoRon's article on baseball

Jun 4, 2014, 2:07 PM

In today's "The State" paper?

Basically is praising Leggett for his record the past 20 years and thinks it would be ridiculous for us to fire him.

He conveniently leaves out the severe downward trend the past 5 years, and Leggett's inability to change or at least admit fault.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It would be a smear on Clemson's record to fire him.

Jun 4, 2014, 2:09 PM

However, if he resigns or retires, Clemson is much better off.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

I respectfully disagree

Jun 4, 2014, 2:22 PM

His performance (or the lack thereof) over the last four year more than justifies a change. That said, I do think that firing him would likely alienate some of the potential replacement candidates.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Well, that is their loss.***

Jun 4, 2014, 2:24 PM

"their" loss !?!?!***

Jun 4, 2014, 2:39 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very true. Would make other coaches hesitate******

Jun 4, 2014, 2:25 PM [ in reply to It would be a smear on Clemson's record to fire him. ]

I Can See Both Sides

Jun 4, 2014, 3:05 PM [ in reply to It would be a smear on Clemson's record to fire him. ]

Leggett has put us between a rock and a hard place. Rad has a tough decision to make. Personally, I was very disappointed in Leggett's comments against the fans. I think that's what made it more difficult.

I do agree that JL's comments toward the fans

Jun 5, 2014, 10:27 AM

were very poorly chosen. I chalk it up to the "elder filter" - you know, as a person gets older, they don't care as much about not offending people.

Personally, he lost me as a "coach fan" several years ago. So, I wasn't offended. I still continue to support the team. Technically, he is part of the team, but I don't let the bad apple spoil the whole barrel.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

when a CEO is fired, it sure as heck doesn't deter potential

Jun 4, 2014, 2:37 PM

future candidate

Yea but we're not talking about corporate America

Jun 4, 2014, 2:43 PM

We're talking about college baseball and if you don't think firing Jack would alienate other coaches who might otherwise have been interested in position, you are kidding yourself.

Re:They will be lined up for the job.***

Jun 4, 2014, 3:05 PM

Not the folks you would want******

Jun 4, 2014, 5:02 PM

For sure!!***

Jun 4, 2014, 6:38 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Based on what? That's pure conjecture on your part.***

Jun 5, 2014, 9:59 AM [ in reply to Re:They will be lined up for the job.*** ]

I agree with this. It isn't like the college baseball

Jun 5, 2014, 9:55 AM [ in reply to Yea but we're not talking about corporate America ]

coaching talent pool is all that deep. Maybe alienation is a risk that is needed. For me, it is more than simply not getting out of the regionals. It is when he says stuff like the team is scary. Makes me think he is losing touch with the reality of the situation.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Neither emotion or loyalty has a place in business******

Jun 4, 2014, 2:51 PM [ in reply to when a CEO is fired, it sure as heck doesn't deter potential ]

Maybe "Corporate Business"....

Jun 4, 2014, 2:56 PM

But I can assure you that loyalty and respect go along way in my business, and many others.

Gotten to be VERY rare**.***

Jun 4, 2014, 5:03 PM

Re: Can I get an amen for that.***

Jun 4, 2014, 3:05 PM [ in reply to Neither emotion or loyalty has a place in business****** ]

Re: Neither emotion or loyalty has a place in business******

Jun 4, 2014, 3:24 PM [ in reply to Neither emotion or loyalty has a place in business****** ]

Clemfan, You are correct in that quite often neither emotion or loyalty are evident in the corporate world. However, I think the companies that are superior do reflect a measure of emotion and especially loyalty. I would hope that there is some level of emotion and loyalty still at Clemson. If not, we need to quit bragging about Clemson family and admit we are just like the vast majority of the other schools.

Jun 4, 2014, 4:01 PM

Now I want to hear an AMEN!!!

Re: When you let emotion take over, you are sunk.***

Jun 4, 2014, 11:38 PM

Only at the more successful ones.***

Jun 4, 2014, 6:39 PM [ in reply to Neither emotion or loyalty has a place in business****** ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2014, 7:27 AM [ in reply to Neither emotion or loyalty has a place in business****** ]

I see you are not a businessman, lol!

Replies: 23
| visibility 3,037
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic