Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone notice how mean TNet has gotten?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 81
| visibility 1

Anyone notice how mean TNet has gotten?

Dec 22, 2018, 3:37 PM

It’s ridiculous. Every post is met with a snarky or true mean comment. Use to be much friendlier on here

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyone notice how mean TNet has gotten?

Dec 22, 2018, 3:47 PM

Visit rainbowflowersandunicorns.com instead then.

Jk Merry Christmas

it’s always someone with a low pulse calling everyone out

Dec 22, 2018, 3:49 PM

And then complaining about the response they get

Message was edited by: InletTiger15

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it's the internet in general. it has become a #### show***

Dec 22, 2018, 4:10 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Everyone thinks they are witty and just regular discussion

Dec 22, 2018, 4:14 PM

threads have become scarce.

Re: Everyone thinks they are witty and just regular discussion

Dec 22, 2018, 4:28 PM

Indeed. Thread titles appear serious but when opened are nothing more than some stupid joke.

Dec 22, 2018, 4:34 PM

Exceptionally stupid. The "jokes" are totally lame.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 22, 2018, 5:44 PM

Agreed. Too many people think they are funny or witty when they really aren’t they just are derivative and copies.

Dec 24, 2018, 11:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Everyone thinks they are witty and just regular discussion ]

I don't mind the jokes at all, but it does seem that there have been fewer detailed discussions lately.

I think part of it is because we have become so successful. It's harder to find things to discuss about improving when we are doing well in so many areas.

Dec 22, 2018, 4:16 PM

Nope - same old same old. (Just be picky on the posts you read!)

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 22, 2018, 4:18 PM

I’ve noticed it a lot when opposing fans come over to post. I’m not taking about the ones who come here to troll, but the ones who come for serious discussion. Most of the replies tend to be attacks on their team and how we’re going to destroy them instead of good honest discussion.

I do think we have a very classy fan base overall, but you wouldn’t know if if TNet was your only experience with Clemson fans.

Dec 22, 2018, 7:33 PM

I agree 100%. I would like to hear what our opponents have to say if they are actually trying to have a discussion. But discussion on Tnet is a thing of the past. Opponents coming in peace with good intentions for good questions or insight are greeted by stupid attacks which are uncalled for. But the day where every idiot has a smartphone in their pocket, it's easier for them to make some dumb quip versus trying to give an intelligent response. I used to use forums for good insight or some good nuggets but a prime example of it's evolution is the 40 retarded threads that were created in the couple hours leading up to Putnam's commitment. People thinking they are funny?

Dec 22, 2018, 7:44 PM

The threads on Putnam were funny the first time it was done. Used to someone would do the first and anyone else who wanted to would think darn it, the other person beat me to it and leave it alone. Now we instead get 39 copies.

Dec 23, 2018, 7:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Anyone notice how mean TNet has gotten? ]

I actually agree with you

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Dec 23, 2018, 2:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyone notice how mean TNet has gotten? ]

Not just tiger net. This is football discussion boards nationwide. I say this all the time to fellow tiger fans i see and talk to on a daily basis. Discussion boards are full of the extreme/delusional fans. Not to mention the wanna be comedian fans. Hard to have a normal conversation.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 22, 2018, 4:22 PM

It’s normally just an idiot that posts a smart @$$ answer then his butt buddies join and they go on an endless tangent of humorless inside jokes that wouldn’t make a tickle me Elmo laugh. Usually 4-5 of them who probably couldn’t get laid in a morgue. I’d throw some names out there but I don’t feel like digging back...I’ll tag you once I see them again

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Indee­d a problem that has increased rapidly in last 2 yrs.***

Dec 22, 2018, 5:56 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

^ humorless inside joke***

Dec 22, 2018, 7:39 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

^^^couldn't get laid in a morgue***

Dec 22, 2018, 9:32 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^^^couldn't get laid in a morgue***

Dec 22, 2018, 9:36 PM

^^^waiting in for her in the morgue

^^^one of Francis Marion's butt buddies***

Dec 22, 2018, 9:38 PM

Re: ^^^one of Francis Marion's butt buddies***

Dec 22, 2018, 9:45 PM

That was mean and why I hardly tnet anymore.

Ditto

Dec 26, 2018, 8:00 AM

This place is full of idjits.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: ^^^one of Francis Marion's butt buddies***

Dec 24, 2018, 11:11 AM [ in reply to ^^^one of Francis Marion's butt buddies*** ]

If Frances has "butt buddies" doesn't that mean he is in fact not having trouble getting laid??

isn't getting laid in a morgue kinda an undesirable thing?***

Dec 22, 2018, 9:39 PM [ in reply to ^^^couldn't get laid in a morgue*** ]

I would think so, but maybe we should ask jsebe10® ?***

Dec 22, 2018, 9:44 PM

Dec 24, 2018, 11:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Anyone notice how mean TNet has gotten? ]

You shouldn't call Francis and Balm out so explicitly.

It's about the same as other sports boards. Everyone's not

Dec 22, 2018, 4:29 PM

mean, but there will be some bad apples on every internet site.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: It's about the same as other sports boards. Everyone's not

Dec 22, 2018, 4:31 PM

The cotton apples are abundant at the present.

Dec 22, 2018, 4:32 PM

greenvillealum007 I have noticed that too. Plus the language has gotten worse. There are kids on this site in case some need to be reminded.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 22, 2018, 4:39 PM

I don't really think they care. The language at the games has become non-family friendly. I fear Clemson is slowly becoming what I hate the worst about USuC and UGA. The classiness and high moral character we are known for seems to be eroding away.

Dec 24, 2018, 11:17 AM

I think the language issue is a society wide issue. I can't tell you how often I hear adults "talking like sailors" without any regard for whether children are around. Restraint from using foul language is quickly becoming a thing of the past.

I personally don't care how someone speaks in their own home, but I do think that people should take care of how they speak around kids and have the courtesy not to talk that way in public. It's not about limiting freedom or anything—it's about spreading decency and courtesy. Even if you don't think foul language is important at all, people should still want to be respectful of the fact that others may not feel the same way.

When people talk like that regularly as opposed to rarely in times of frustration, it just makes me think (rightly or wrongly) that they lack the vocabulary to communicate more effectively.

Dec 22, 2018, 4:41 PM

Seems like a lot more repetitive bitching than their used to be. Stop crying about crouch. We have4 good lbs recruits are stacked at RB so we dont need him anyway.

Lots of people looking for something to complain about.

The clickbait thread titles are getting old too. Its almost time to start handing out TDs for it.

Dec 22, 2018, 4:49 PM

I concur, it’s as if you can’t even have a civilized conversation anymore. Just about every thread gets hijacked very quickly.

No, it’s not just rival trolls either. There’s about 6-8 names that come to mind very quickly. They obviously believe they’re smarter and “above” everyone else. It truly must suck to be them.....

Dec 22, 2018, 5:30 PM

If you're talking about the main board only you should try the P&R board. Insanity & Stupidity rule.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 22, 2018, 7:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyone notice how mean TNet has gotten? ]

Having a good discussion is made hard as well because nobody takes the time to see if there’s already another topic on whatever it is they want to post about. So instead of a decent discussion on something we get about 20 threads on the same thing with only a few replies each.

Sounds like cable news channels***

Dec 22, 2018, 4:53 PM

Dec 22, 2018, 5:47 PM

I agree with clawpaw®. Haven't noticed a difference.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

You tell em Coot!***

Dec 22, 2018, 5:56 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You tell em Coot!***

Dec 23, 2018, 3:44 PM

The prosecution rests??.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ClemTigs

Dec 22, 2018, 6:58 PM

I agree. Some people think they are funny and they are not funny at all. Keep posting positive and drown them out. :)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If your a Tiger I like you! Being mean is only for

Dec 22, 2018, 7:05 PM

Little birds and dumpers my friends! Go Tigers!!!!!!!

Dec 22, 2018, 7:25 PM

Younger generation has no manners. TigerNet was great when it started up but the younger more ENTITLED morons have ruined it. You can’t have a serious sports related conversation because of all the juvenile comedians on this site who think they are witty and funny but are really just rude and obnoxious.
Do like me and donate a few bucks and come on over to the Donor’s board. Most of these smart alecks are cheap freeloaders and can’t get into the Donor’s board.
You are right. They have destroyed what was once a great site for all things Clemson. Now they just try to outdo each other’s ridiculous little jokes and idiotic videos.
They will flame away and ridicule me and call me names because of this post. I don’t care because as soon as I post this I am logging into the Donor’s board and won’t see their snarky comments. There are adults on that board.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 22, 2018, 7:33 PM

Most of the 7-10 people that are causing this issue OP is highlighting are longstanding TNet members with 10-20 years being on this board. I dont know many young Clemson fans or students that participate in Tigernet because of this. Young kids dont like Tigernet, they like Reddit, which has much stricter rules on this kind of thing.

Dec 22, 2018, 7:43 PM

Yeah, people who seem to be stuck in Wayne's World or Bevis & Butt Head.

Dec 23, 2018, 7:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Anyone notice how mean TNet has gotten? ]

I disagree with that. The sarcasm, name calling etc predominantly comes from newer members, especially if a poster fan from another school comes on here in good faith.

Dec 24, 2018, 11:25 AM

Agree about the way some members pile on opposing fans. I see no problem in good natured ribbing of an opponent from time to time, but if they are respectful and simply want to talk football then we should welcome their perspective.

If they aren't respectful then by all means go after them, but we should always give them a chance to contribute to the discussion. If they disagree with our opinion on something that doesn't mean they are disrespecting Clemson.

Not exactly the same situation, but take for example the comments Brian Kelly made comparing our Dline to NC State last year or our WR corps to USC this year. He wasn't saying anything disrespectful about Clemson—he was only comparing our groups to the best Notre Dame has played recently. Like the NC State fan that came over talking about how good their WR's are. He wasn't saying anything false. Even though we ended up shutting down Kelvin Harmon it would be delusional for us to say that he isn't future high draft pick in the NFL.

Perhaps these guidelines can be curtailed in the case of USCjr, expecially during game week.

Dec 23, 2018, 7:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Anyone notice how mean TNet has gotten? ]

I always forget about the donors boards. Good idea

Do you like books

Dec 22, 2018, 7:57 PM

https://goo.gl/images/M5ifG1

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Dec 22, 2018, 8:08 PM

Brrrrrrr...........what are you talking about bud.......Go Tigers!!!!!!!

Dec 22, 2018, 8:19 PM

Yeah this site is a joke , I have been coming here since 2010. Was a paying member with 13k TUs and a 97 pulse. Got banned for really no reason didn’t break one rule. I might of said a few cuss words but nothing terrible. There is a couple of old loser dudes on here that love to cry to the Mods.
I mean a grown man telling on someone on a message board is pathetic. You know the ones that take this mess way too serious and think their opinion is the only right one.
Anyway sports hoopla and Rivals college football sound off are pretty good with a strong Clemson following. Most on there agree Tnet is just for comic relief not to discuss sports.

Dec 22, 2018, 8:21 PM

Oh yeah back in the day this was a good site with good people. Now it’s slow because nobody comes on here as much. There are a few long time posters that have just about killed this site.

Dec 22, 2018, 8:28 PM

Yes,everyone knows who they are. Sad really

Dec 22, 2018, 8:33 PM

so if we agree with you then SPRINGTOWN...

Dec 22, 2018, 8:34 PM

A little common courtesy and a little common sense will cure much of the world's ills and gain one's respect. In the future I'll try to make a conscious effort to abide by these words.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 22, 2018, 9:30 PM

You seem to already do that. I dont see how you can step it up.

^ This***

Dec 22, 2018, 9:35 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Dec 23, 2018, 7:46 AM [ in reply to Re: Anyone notice how mean TNet has gotten? ]

Joe there is no way these people posting on this thread could be referring to you any form. If they a dissatisfied with their (6/8) posters to call them out and get it over with. This thing will drag out with nothing being accomplished

Dec 24, 2018, 11:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Anyone notice how mean TNet has gotten? ]

I'm not sure I've ever read any of your posts that didn't include common courtesy and common sense. But that's certainly good advice to be implemented on a much wider scale than just Tnet.

Dec 22, 2018, 8:44 PM

One of the stipulations for being a Tiger Band member is to stay off TigerNet for this reason exactly. Too many old aholes on here that have ruined this place. The band directors didnt want tiger band kids getting caught up in the BS on here. Granted, I didnt always follow that rule, but most did and I think its a good one.

Dec 23, 2018, 7:49 AM

However, if Tiger Bsbd members had come on here and explained the problems they have with travel, and their perception of how they are treated by IPTAY perhaps some could have helped

Dec 24, 2018, 11:03 AM

I agree. But those are problems that come from Dan Radakovich.

I would challenge you to find any Tiger fan who’s not...

Dec 24, 2018, 11:10 AM

a fan of the Tiger Band. Games wouldn’t be the same without folks like you.

Re: I would challenge you to find any Tiger fan who’s not...

Dec 24, 2018, 11:30 AM

Any criticism likely comes from a lack of knowledge and understanding about the specifics. While I wouldn't recommend spending much time trying to educate and inform people on message boards, I do think that it would be worthwhile on Tnet specifically.

I agree with you.

Dec 24, 2018, 11:58 AM

And I think tnet would overwhelmingly support the band if there is an issue. The band is as much a part of the Clemson Football experience as The Hill, The Rock, The Paw, and Death Valley. Anyone who doesn’t get that has never held their 4 year old on their shoulders while the band matches toward Death Valley prior to a game. I’ll never forget one year when we were playing NC State, and after the band marched by, a State fan standing beside me looked at his buddy and said “I wish we did something cool like this.” That’s the power of the pageantry that is the Tiger Band.

Tony Dungy probably agrees with you...

Dec 22, 2018, 9:09 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Tony-Dungy-is-an-idiot-24620542

Dec 22, 2018, 9:15 PM

Coot

Try smiling every now and then--it will make you feel better***

Dec 22, 2018, 10:40 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

I’ve notice it is primarily Millennials acting that way, we need

Dec 22, 2018, 11:38 PM

2 sites one for the older crowd and for the youth who if you disagree with them then you are automatically call a coot

noticed it ever since I started***

Dec 23, 2018, 7:53 AM

Dec 23, 2018, 12:03 PM

If you can’t take the heat get out of the friggin kitchen.......snowflake......Go Tigers!!!!!!

Dec 23, 2018, 3:59 PM

It is not an issue of "taking the heat." It's an issue of common courtesy and manners. Many enjoy debate and discussion based on facts and educated opinions. The word "coot" on here has come to mean "I do not like the facts you presented so I will call 'Coot' instead of dealing with the presented argument." Yes, there are plenty of coot trolls on here, but most who get called "coot" are not coot trolls.

Dec 24, 2018, 11:35 AM

It's the same scenario as when someone calls someone else a lib when they don't agree with something the GOP does, or when someone calls something fake news because they don't like the message or when someone calls a conservative a racist if they want to reduce immigration regardless of the reason why.

Even though it doesn't really bother me all that much, I do see it as a way to shut down debate by attempting to invalidate someone's argument by name calling instead of a well reasoned argument.

Dec 23, 2018, 8:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyone notice how mean TNet has gotten? ]

Says the guy that thinks a free message board is the heat. The point of this thread has went right over your head.

What’s the point of the thread?***

Dec 23, 2018, 10:14 PM

Re: What’s the point of the thread?***

Dec 24, 2018, 1:51 AM

that 80% of the posters on this site are an embarrassment to Tiger nation.
So glad it’s only a small portion of the fan base

I disagree with that figure.

Dec 24, 2018, 3:52 AM

I think the vast majority of Tiger fans are great people, and my experience with posters on tnet has been no different. Just like in the real world, there’s room for all types on tnet, and I’m only embarrassed by those who think their way of tnetting is the only way. Be civil, and you’ll receive civility in return, be a jerk, and more than likely you’ll be treated like a jerk, troll and you’ll be trolled. That’s been my experience here, and that hasn’t changed in the nearly 10 years I’ve been a member.

Re: I disagree with that figure.

Dec 24, 2018, 6:08 AM

^^^This^^

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2018, 8:22 PM

I’ve been here since 1998. It cycles. Although it’s worst now with the political climate.

Do u believe meanness is related to those bourbon drinkers?

Dec 23, 2018, 8:26 PM

Could be a connection after so many bourbons.

Re: Do you believe meanness related to those bourbon drinkers?***

Dec 23, 2018, 8:53 PM

Ha ha. Didn’t think of that. ??

Dec 24, 2018, 10:19 AM

Yes

Replies: 81
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic