Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone nervous about this A&M game?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Anyone nervous about this A&M game?

Sep 3, 2019, 9:46 PM

I'm concerned of a shootout!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyone nervous about this A&M game?

Sep 3, 2019, 9:48 PM

Our defense will be tested. But so will there’s so yep a shootout is somewhat possible

Sep 3, 2019, 10:04 PM

What?

Sep 3, 2019, 10:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyone nervous about this A&M game? ]

Clemson’s defense will bottle kellen “lucky” moms who had an extremely lucky game last year

Sep 3, 2019, 9:53 PM

No. A&M's defense is not good. Another 50+ scored by the Tigers.

Sep 3, 2019, 9:58 PM

I hope you are right Bud but I don't know. I'm thinking a tough one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2019, 10:08 PM

Me too! I always err on the side of caution. But I had a guy tell me in Dallas at the Cotton Bowl that my walk-on cousin would be wearing a National Championship ring. At that point I would not have dreamed it. Having said that, “better things have begun to come!”

Sep 3, 2019, 11:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyone nervous about this A&M game? ]

Me too. Hope we start out strong and don't let up. Otherwise, it could be a barn burner. The DL better be ready because their game plan is to get Trevor down.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2019, 10:01 PM

I feel like this week Coach Venables has made his money . Something in the air around his presser.
I believe our defense shows out this Saturday .
I also feel like our offense will play well at all positions .
Clemson by a lot .
40-17

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Something in the air around his presser

Sep 3, 2019, 10:03 PM

Then today, Dabo and a couple of players admitted to working on A&M in the Summer . They Got This !

From your lips to God's ears. I can see that happening, but

Sep 3, 2019, 10:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyone nervous about this A&M game? ]

I am a Clemson version of a Dooley Dog, while most T-Netters are Disney Dogs. There has been much said about our offense - rightfully so - and about Mond having a lucky game last year, also true, the resulting predictions being a lot like yours. I am not only hoping, but I can see the reasoning.

The other side we Dooley Dogs see is (1) Mond did have a lucky game but he has had a bunch of other games that weren't lucky, and those guys can score (2) no matter what talent we run out there, this year's D is not last year's and (3) 600+ yards notwithstanding (it was GT) we saw some sophomore slump-ish play on offense last week.

If its 21-21 at the half we'll all be pouring a double to start the second half. But, I am in no way saying your take might not be right. I can see it.

We maybe need a Clemson version of the Dooley/Disney Dog terms. I know some UGA people in the Greenville area, all great people, and they readily admit to and talk about their different perspectives, and have fun with it. Two of them think they will play us in the final game, and two think they'll struggle against SC, and they laugh about how they see things differently. The terms seem to give them permission to do that. Amongst Clemson fans, however, if you don't think we will beat both UGA and Bama by a combined 50 points in the playoff you risk getting called "not a real fan".

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jimbo***

Sep 3, 2019, 10:03 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2019, 10:09 PM

I think it will be a close, hard fought game. The Tigers I predict will win an instant classic.

Go Tigers.

Sep 3, 2019, 10:10 PM

I’m honestly not. As long as Trevor is healthy, I get that sense of confidence that I used to get when Watson was the QB. With these guys you just know that you’re going to get the “W.”

Sep 3, 2019, 10:14 PM

Call me a medium , but I sense that Trevor Lawrence is about to have a Trevor Lawrence type of performance .

DB23

Sep 3, 2019, 10:20 PM

Soothsaying not necessary. TL and the rest have it covered. I'm not sure I agree that it will be a blowout, but definitely a Tiger win. TAMU is good. Clemson is better. Plus, there will be a sea of orange and no 12th man.

Sep 3, 2019, 11:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyone nervous about this A&M game? ]

Calm as I can be . . . I'll have two with me that have never seen the Tigers lose in three years of bringing them to games. . . My A Team . . . Granted they haven't made every game - but the ones they have . . . We are undefeated!!!

As I once wrote . . . "These are not my Daddy's Tigers"

After we deal with this hurricane, we'll see you in the Valley!!!!!!!

Sep 3, 2019, 11:10 PM

Nice - Skeeta ... hoping for that streak to continue .-:) ... Are you in Dorian’s path?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Sep 3, 2019, 10:30 PM

43-36 Clemson, Butt clinching afternoon

Sep 3, 2019, 10:41 PM

Yep - but I’m always nervous.... But I’m a believer ... -:)

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Sep 3, 2019, 10:44 PM

Yes. Concerned about the Sloppy Tackling that was on full display last week, as well as getting pressure on Mond.

Sep 3, 2019, 10:43 PM

Nope...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2019, 10:45 PM

Just hoping the team plays well. No turnovers or dumb penalties. I think A&M will move the ball which will be frustrating. Jimbo is ace at adjusting and countering with great play calls. His team last year showed a lot of heart and resilience in the game and I expect the same Saturday. Tigers better be ready

Sep 3, 2019, 10:46 PM

Nerves and excitement co-exist. Beyond a doubt is in the reilm of boredom.

Sep 3, 2019, 10:56 PM

If you aren't nervous about this one, your heart isn't beating. They are a top 15 team, they have a proven winner as a coach, they recruited a great class last year, and they travel well. It's like looking in a mirror and playing yourself. Guess that means they are nervous too!! Go Tigers!!

Sep 3, 2019, 10:46 PM

Nerves and excitement co-exist. Beyond a doubt is in the reilm of boredom.

Sep 3, 2019, 11:06 PM

Yes I am. This is a good team we are facing with a lot on the line. We were good last week, not great. Ditto for them. Each team and fan base is getting ready to learn a lot about themselves. I believe 100% we can win it, but it isn’t a given and we have to come to play 4 quarters of mistake free football.
Go Tigers!

Sep 3, 2019, 11:35 PM

Amen!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not a bit

Sep 3, 2019, 11:07 PM

i'm 62 withe 3 national championships
and i don't gotta play

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope

Sep 3, 2019, 11:24 PM

We unleash the Cracken

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2019, 11:39 PM

Yes

Sep 4, 2019, 6:54 AM

I'm very concerned but the line makes me think I'm missing something. Appears to be the biggest sucker bet in history.

Sep 4, 2019, 7:08 AM

No. I feel that our defense has been studying these guys for a few weeks now and will be locked in. More film, more certainty. Offensively, we will move at will, especially on the ground. Don't be surprised if ETN has an even better game than last week. We will force turnovers early and make it a short night for Mond. 48-14

Two letters;

Sep 4, 2019, 7:14 AM

B-V.

Sep 4, 2019, 8:24 AM

I expect to have to get out of my recliner several times and cheer for my TIGERS. I hope my neighbors don't mind that "crazy" CLEMSON guy next door.

That said - with Jimbo coaching, there is always the possibility that they will be ready to play us. But, CLEMSON is simply the best team on the field that day. We win by 14+, but have to play hard into the 4th.

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic