Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone listening to siriusxm The Playbook?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,720

Anyone listening to siriusxm The Playbook?

Oct 31, 2016, 4:01 PM

Just called in and laid out these points about "What grinds my gears"

Narrative on Clemson this season is all about why they should have lost, not why they won.

Aub and Troy were weak wins, now Aub is right there at top 10 and Troy is just outside top 25 behind Ark and Southern Cal.

Lville: Edmonds made the play. Quick didn't just step out, Edmnds D won that play and deserves the credit for it.

Nc St game we blocked a fg earlier in the game. Maybe we were in their head, whatever, they missed the game winner. Both teams had the ball, Clemson scored and Marcus Edmonds got the pick. That same Edmonds from Lville game.

FSU: I think was an illegal block. (They start razzing me). So I say even it were clean, FSU still had the ball and the chance to go down and score. They didnt. The next drive Clemson DW gets facemasked to the ground and Dabo is yelling, but not going nuts. DW gets up and converts the 3rd down and we go on to score.

Clemson is winning the games, not getting lucky to not lose.

The radio guys went on to say it was a great call and Clemson is victim to being compared to last year's success, but that I had them on every point except the illegal block.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Butch Davis just went on to say that That C Word is alive but

Oct 31, 2016, 4:08 PM

means knowing how to win. Clemson keeps getting to done and other teams would want to be able to Clemson from now on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Anyone listening to siriusxm The Playbook?

Oct 31, 2016, 4:09 PM

I did hear that. There's a reason these guys are on in that spec between lunch and the PM drive time. Do you hear shortly before saying that NC State had beat Clemson? Maroons!

Your call was good. The call Saturday night was 50/50, but we had bad calls go against us, too. I did like that they said that our name now defines finding a way to win.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I did hear that.. its what made me call.***

Oct 31, 2016, 4:23 PM

null

Re: Anyone listening to siriusxm The Playbook?

Oct 31, 2016, 4:14 PM

Yeah, I was listening and I thought you were pretty much spot-on. While objectively I don't necessarily think it was an illegal block, I don't blame the official because of angles and it happening quickly they do make mistakes. Hey, we got a break for a change. That said there were a ton of no calls that would have favoured us. DW4 getting face masked to the ground being one. And then some of the worst hidden whole thing I have ever seen against our ends. All in all it's aw we just need seven more of them now!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't hear you but...

Oct 31, 2016, 4:22 PM

It WAS an illegal block. It was from the side at best and according to the rule it must be within the 10 and 2 o'clock positions. It was side or behind.

It wasn't a chop block like the ref said but that was just incompetence.

Jimbo cost his team not from the 15 yard unsportsmanlike but just from losing control. He set an aweful example for them and they never recovered.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Didn't hear you but...

Oct 31, 2016, 4:36 PM

The ref didn't ever say it was a chop block. Jimbo said that (in error). The ref called blocking below the waist. It was an illegal block for 2 reasons. He did not approach the player between 10 oclock and 2 oclock, he also performed a trip with his hand. Both are illegal.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Didn't hear you but...

Oct 31, 2016, 4:47 PM [ in reply to Didn't hear you but... ]
Clip.JPG(12.5 K)
Holding.JPG(20.0 K)

Call it what you want. Illegal block below the waist. If they didn't call that they should have called the holding one second before the Clip.

Thanks for posting! TU!!***

Oct 31, 2016, 7:40 PM

null

Re: Thanks for posting! TU!!***

Oct 31, 2016, 7:44 PM

He also tripped him which is a penalty in itself

It's fulfillment of Bible Prophesy.

Oct 31, 2016, 8:15 PM

The blind leading the blind. ESPiN has convinced half the population that they can watch highlights and use the 'eyetest,' to determine which team is the best.

They also have everybody snowed into believing that most of the SEC should be ranked in the top 25 every preseason. ESPiN uses those preseason rankings based on FPI which is nothing but fake sorcery. It's a smoke and mirror formula based on factors which ESPiN inputs because those factor values 'just feel right,' to them.

As the football season progress and at it's conclusion actual data from games replaces their opinions and FPI numbers change to something which resembles, guess what, the BCS formula.

They have much influence on the early POC ranking but not much at all in the end when actual SOS can be calculated using real data, championship are won/lost and head to head matchups take the guess work out of picking the four best teams. The committee seems to have produced some pretty common sense final seed.

Just because somebody makes a living talking doesn't mean what they say is the truth. Even though you hear the same BS lies week after week that doesn't mean you have to believe them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,720
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic