Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone in hindsight wish we'd push harder for B. Edwards?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

Anyone in hindsight wish we'd push harder for B. Edwards?

Sep 2, 2016, 9:28 AM

Basically we told him he couldn't play WR for us (only Safety) and we took Overton over him. Looks like he might be SCar only offensive weapon this year. Now Vandy played off coverage the entire game and it looked like their defensive staff didn't get the memo in the 2nd half that Edwards was the only guy Orth was looking to throw the ball to. I'd be interested to see how well Edwards will do vs press or different looks.

So would you have rather let Overton go to NC State, we get Edwards, and SCar have nobody or have things shake out the way they did?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No. Overton will be better. 6'5". And don't doubt Dabo.***

Sep 2, 2016, 9:29 AM

Snowflake Basher........Out

NO***

Re: Anyone in hindsight wish we'd push harder for B. Edwards?

Too quick to make that call. Let's see how they do after a full season of actually playing.

Nope, he's a coot and I wouldn't want him***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Sep 2, 2016, 9:30 AM

Not over Overton or Powell. Over TJ Chase...yes. But TJ was an early commit so he was smart to do that.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Sep 2, 2016, 9:30 AM

He's good, no doubt. But Vandy absolutely SUCKS at everything. If that coach has a job at the end of the year, then Vandy will continue to be Vandy.

Re: having a good game against Vandy does not make you

Sep 2, 2016, 9:35 AM

all conference. Then, after watching the thee SEC East teams, last night, it might.

Sep 2, 2016, 10:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Anyone in hindsight wish we'd push harder for B. Edwards? ]

Hey now Vandy is solid on D. That kid can play an looks the part. Time will tell if Overton is better but right now I would bet that Edwards is more physically mature and proved last night he can play D1 ball.

One of those two has played, the other hasn't...

Sep 2, 2016, 9:31 AM

It's easy to make that call when one guy has played and the other hasn't played at all yet. By that logic, Dobbs looks better than Watson so far this season.

Re: One of those two has played, the other hasn't...

Don't go away mad.......just go away.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One of those two has played, the other hasn't...

Sep 2, 2016, 9:37 AM

No...?

He looked good and may turn out great, but it was Vandy.***

Sep 2, 2016, 9:32 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

App State would have beaten both of those teams last night.***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Easily***

Sep 2, 2016, 9:37 AM

No, I'm glad we went with the highest guys on our board.***

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No. What about last night makes you think he plays for us?

he looked slow off the ball. He doesn't crack our 2 deep on offense. He does have the perfect build for a FS though.

The only reason would be that SC has absolutely no offensive weapons without him.

No. He got the deal he wanted, and settled to get it.

Sep 2, 2016, 9:36 AM

Coulda been a contenda.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

Sep 2, 2016, 9:45 AM

Well Braylon won the Biletnikoff and was an All American, and we weren't that stacked back then, so yeah, I wish we went harder for Braylon Edwards.

uh....no

Sep 2, 2016, 9:46 AM

it was called a "slant" and my kids could catch those. vandy's coach is dogsh1t - its the ONLY reason cocklovers may win 4 instead of 3.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: uh....no

Sep 2, 2016, 9:49 AM

lol you must have missed where he went up over the CB for the catch.

Kid is going to be a stud.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

You are too funny man!

Sep 2, 2016, 10:18 AM

I'm glad you're on this board, I need a laugh from time to time

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kid is going to be a stud !?!?!?!

Sep 2, 2016, 10:28 AM [ in reply to Re: uh....no ]

How do you you arrive at that conclusion after one sloppy game against a pathetic Vanderbilt team?

Grandiose delusions and over-exaggerated optimism at its finest. Two of the very few things you Capons actually do well.

He'll be serviceable. High points well.

Sep 2, 2016, 10:31 AM [ in reply to Re: uh....no ]

Does not have elite top end speed.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: He'll be serviceable. High points well.

Sep 2, 2016, 11:12 AM

tigerwoods So was the data on the recruiting websites incorrect for Bryan Edwards? Listed speed @ 4.53 in the 40 was faster than Overton and Powell.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

i get tired of defending you for not hiding behind

Sep 2, 2016, 10:34 AM [ in reply to Re: uh....no ]

your cockloving ways, so please act like you've got some sense. if you think for a minute that he did not catch 5-7 yds slants on 75% of the plays he was involved and he had the benefit of going against the worst coach in game (and thats saying something with boom on the other sideline) - then i cannot help you. i commend you for not hiding you're a cocklover, but please don't talk about a player that played against vandy and call him a stud.

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Any decent team would have beaten Vandy by 30...

Sep 2, 2016, 10:41 AM

They returned a lot of mediocre players from last season but they're still terrible as usual.

app state would have beaten both those teams

Sep 2, 2016, 10:42 AM

last night by 2 to 3 td's

Agreed !!!!***

Sep 2, 2016, 10:44 AM

Re: Any decent team would have beaten Vandy by 30...

Sep 2, 2016, 10:58 AM [ in reply to Any decent team would have beaten Vandy by 30... ]

lol they only lost by 30 once last year.

Talk about grandiose delusions.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

the proud sec east

Sep 2, 2016, 11:03 AM

they only lost by 30 once last yr. thats like saying my wife had 3 affairs - once

Notice I said "decent teams"....

Sep 2, 2016, 12:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Any decent team would have beaten Vandy by 30... ]

Vandy may have faced two decent teams all of last season (Houston and Ole Miss).

Must be comforting to know that you are one injury away

Sep 2, 2016, 10:50 AM [ in reply to Re: uh....no ]

from having NOBODY on the team that can catch a forward pass!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait until you see the players we did get.***

Sep 2, 2016, 9:51 AM

Look here. Every team will have a star player.

Sep 2, 2016, 9:53 AM

That doesnt mean he would be a star on every team.

In scar's case, it doesnt take much to float to the top of a toilet bowl full of the poops.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

He's a good one. Would have been 3rd teamer here

Sep 2, 2016, 9:58 AM

only because the others would be slightly better. At cooter U he is a star from day 1. He's a loser coot, but they all are so they fit together nicely.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gamecocks find our table scraps pretty tasty

Sep 2, 2016, 10:15 AM

I'm good with the way things turned out.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I look at it this way. If we told him he couldn't play wide

Sep 2, 2016, 11:02 AM

receiver for us, that means the ones we did take are really, really good. If we are culling talent to that extent, we are recruiting very well, indeed. Our own will make highlight reels soon enough.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope, he did average work...

Sep 2, 2016, 11:07 AM

...considering he was the only one Orth was throwing to. Our guys will play at least at that level and higher.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Still may not know after this year

Sep 2, 2016, 11:22 AM

Look at the competition Overton will have this year.

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic