Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone in here ever been to Chapel Hill for a hoops game?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,577

Anyone in here ever been to Chapel Hill for a hoops game?

Dec 26, 2017, 10:45 AM

I will be attending the game on the 16th, hopefully to witness history. This will be my first time going up there for a hoops game. How are the Heels fans and the venue?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyone in here ever been to Chapel Hill for a hoops game?

Dec 26, 2017, 11:00 AM

Yes I have.

It’s an awesome venue... large venue.

No trouble with any fans at all. Everyone was polite and respectful. I think u will enjoy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I lived on South Campus for a few years of undergrad.

Dec 26, 2017, 11:07 AM

The Dean Dome is a great venue and the fans are respectful of opposing fans unless it’s Duke.

On late study nights around 5am I would see the Basketball team running up and down the hill from the dome to Craig dorm.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 26, 2017, 11:23 AM

You should not have any trouble with the fans. I guess they know they are going to whip our A$$ so they have always been calm when I was there. It might be different if the Tigers pull a “Wofford “ on them. The last time I went I was a guest of Dean Smith so they were pretty nice. That was a few years ago!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’ve been several times ...

Dec 26, 2017, 11:30 AM

Fans are completely ambivalent to Clemson people for hoops.

The venue is huge and the seats you get as a visitor are so high up that you really don’t feel like you’re part of the game.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pro tip: If you sit behind the UNC bench and cheer for CU

Dec 26, 2017, 11:33 AM

Roy will have you tossed out of the game. I highly recommend this

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Yes.

Dec 26, 2017, 11:35 AM

The place is surprisingly quiet and their fans have an air of superiority and at their place versus Clemson - rightfully so. The corridors around the outside where concessions are seem to be tighter than most venues for the Dean Dome size. By the way - most don't like "Dean Dome" it's the Smith Center.

They have some bandwagon fans that obviously didn't walk through a classroom door that are NC hicks. When a Clemson player got hurt and older lady hollered "I hope he broke his leg!" I said "really? I'm sure your grandson sitting next to you is proud of that!". She slumped down and a UNC fan behind me said "nice comeback!".

Downtown is nice and it's a college town, larger than Clemson but very nice.

We parked for the game in a university parking garage near the Med School/hospital.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

snobby and rude

Dec 26, 2017, 11:40 AM

much more than they are for football

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Many times. The fans are fine - in basketball, they view

Dec 26, 2017, 11:43 AM

Clemson as nothing more than a gnat on their neighbor's dog's buttocks. Rightfully so.

You'll be asked about "The Streak" a couple of times.

If you're real high up - you'll end up watching the game on the big screen so you can see. The place is big.

Relish in the fact that you won't have to hear anyone say anything about "The Carolina Way" anymore.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep went one year when I thought we had the team to

Dec 26, 2017, 11:57 AM

Beat the streak (20 years ago). Lost by 30+ and the streak is still alive today.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 26, 2017, 1:33 PM

Last time I went I sat maybe 5 rows up directly across from the visitors bench. Clemson finished the game with only four players on the court. I didn't foul out.

Dec 26, 2017, 2:14 PM

I've been and the fans have been really nice.

been to carmichael and the dean dome

Dec 26, 2017, 7:55 PM

carmichael was way more rowdy-much smaller
dean dome got loud when we closed the gap but kind of weak other than that

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 26, 2017, 10:11 PM

Wwi was up there the year the Dean Dome opened, but it was for a UNC game against Cincinatti when Nic Van Exel was a freshman. Of course the heels won do the fans were fine. They are ok when they lose, but are pouty like children ........ And I love it!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,577
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic