Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone here ever watch Joyner play? How good is he?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Anyone here ever watch Joyner play? How good is he?

Jun 18, 2017, 4:38 PM

What will we be facing from him down the road?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyone here ever watch Joyner play? How good is he?

Jun 18, 2017, 4:42 PM

Yea in years past he be a tiger but doesn't compare to TL, even tho I think he has potential to be a good college qb and athlete if comes down to it. He has a pretty good arm and is quick like a deer on the run, kinda reminds me of Kelley Bryant with more spread knowledge at this point in their careers both going into senior year. Wish him luck unless against us!!

Jun 18, 2017, 4:43 PM

a clip board and headphones?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 18, 2017, 9:01 PM

I think you are a fortune teller. This is in his future, and it certainly would be if he had chosen us. He probably wouldn't have been highly rated enough on the depth chart to do the clip board and head phone thing at Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 18, 2017, 4:44 PM

He's really good... But he can't block, catch, and draw attention away for himself... and he sure can't play defense (until/unless he eventually moves to that side of the ball), so unless the dumpster fire gets put out and they miraculously fill the cupboards with some talent, he will not be good enough.

I really like the kid a lot though.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They have some good WR's for him*****

Jun 18, 2017, 4:57 PM

Jun 18, 2017, 5:01 PM

I live in the Low Country and he reminds me a lot of Joe Hamilton who was also from the Low Country - but Joyner is taller than Joe. We all remember how Joe terrorized us when he was at Ga Tech, and just like Deshaun - he should have won the Heisman. But Joyner is a very good QB - dual threat, but obviously nowhere near the caliber of DW.

Jun 18, 2017, 5:08 PM

Problem is, the coaches son is NOT a dual threat QB...so which style QB do you think they will center their offense around....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 18, 2017, 5:12 PM

Joyner sucks, we didn't want him and half is offers are probably not commitable

And he has a bad attitude.

Jun 18, 2017, 5:14 PM

Seriously though, everyone seems to think he is a stud on here and is saying nice things. Sucks he is a Coot. I would have pulled for him elsewhere possibly. I hope he never wins a game though at USCjr.

Re: And he has a bad attitude.

Jun 18, 2017, 9:03 PM

This is a true Clemson fan. Oh, and by the way, no coot would ever wish for good things for us either. That is as it should be.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 18, 2017, 5:29 PM

He's no Trevor Lawrence but he's good. His forte is the spread attack something Bentley doesn't do.

Jun 18, 2017, 5:55 PM

As long as Bentley, Sr. is there, he won't start. So that looks like 2-3 years of clip boarding unless he moves to another position.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 18, 2017, 11:23 PM

Mcllwain was another 4 star QB that Bentley Sr. pushed out so that his boy could play. Not to say though that he won't get his chance once Bentley get's knocked out. Joyner is a good player, 4 star and a little taller than Mcllwain. Both can " spin it " and are dual threat QB's. The problem that stands in the way in Bentley Sr. coaching Joyner while his boy sits on the bench.

Either way, SC will need a lot more than just Joyner and the WR group that they have, that aren't elite, well, just not on Clemson's depth level. They are still aways off in many other positions to have a competitive team against Clemson, the trenches being the main one. Clemson does and will dominate over SC in the trenches. As far as their QB coach willing to let Ol' Jake sit on the bench, well that story will unfold and it will be interesting to see if the drive another QB off, or if Bentley benches. Again though, either way, Tigers win the upcoming matches. Defense is too overpowering. Did I mention we'll have a potent offense too?

Thought it was funny that Muschamp didn't originally talk to him, it was an old and early offer from Spurrier that impressed the kid. Muschamp got lucky with one, now he needs to build a roster.

My Take

He isn't a 4 star QB, he is a 4 star athlete...

Jun 19, 2017, 2:02 PM

He was down to SCU and nc state, because those were the only schools recruiting him at QB. All of his other offers was DB.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he's faster than Connor shaw was but

Jun 18, 2017, 5:58 PM

Not as good as a passer as he was.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 18, 2017, 7:35 PM

Another Brandon Macilwain.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 18, 2017, 7:38 PM

Now I will say he is better than Mcilwain. Joyner can run

Well

Jun 18, 2017, 7:39 PM

He's a Kelly Bryant-lite. He's smaller, slower and less athletic but has much more experience in a spread passing offense, slightly better arm and better scrambler.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jun 18, 2017, 10:08 PM

He is an outstanding athlete , and his presence out on the field seemingly raises his teammate's game to another level .
Is he a D1 quarterback? Hard to say , and not because he doesn't possess a great arm or have uncanny accuracy...but because he is undersized and he makes a lot of mistakes ...plain and simple .
Coots aren't known for their quarterback development (without Spursack) so it remains to be seen what he can do for them behind center ...but he is a Deion Cain type talent with elite maneuverability.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jun 19, 2017, 9:20 AM

he struggled in the elite 11 camp and did not make it to the final 11. He's a dynamic athlete for sure but is going to need to have the offense tailored to his running strengths in order to be successful. Kind of in the same mold as Kelly Bryant I believe

Someone close to the coot program said this

Jun 19, 2017, 9:39 AM
Morrell.PNG(28.8 K)

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic