Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone have any thoughts of this Covid-19 video...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Anyone have any thoughts of this Covid-19 video...

Apr 27, 2020, 8:35 AM

I just enjoy some opinions outside of mainstream media. Not saying these guys are absolutely correct, but there's a good common sense discussion here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfLVxx_lBLU

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I pause at the 1:29 mark because this guy defines science...

Apr 27, 2020, 9:34 AM

the exact same way I leaned to define science 54 years ago. Real 'science is experimentation and observation.'

Excellent reporting and fair/honest conclusions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Their math gets a little funky and they make alot of

Apr 27, 2020, 9:45 AM

projections on number of infections while still assuming same deaths. Like if we tested 100k and 5k had it, then we assume 5% infection rate. Then they extrapolate that to the entire population which is a stretch. THEN they say we only had X people die and we have this extrapolated number of cases, not confirmed cases, to derive their death rate.

Also, they assume that social distancing had nothing to do with the lower infection rates and lower death rates than initially projected.

My wife played this video last night, or at least part of it.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is the exact method the CDC uses to evaluate...

Apr 28, 2020, 6:53 AM

disease. The only difference, I believe, is that the CDC does a population sample which includes a variety of geographical locations. The guys in the video had a sample of a smaller population which might have been taken from a population exposed only to a particular strain of the virus.

Some reports indicate the Cali exposure came mostly direct from China while the NY/northeast exposure was primarily from Europe. It's not as if that violates any logic being that travel from China was seriously restricted on Jan 31 and EU incoming visitors happened a couple weeks later which also seems to address why California such fewer deaths.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That video was taken down by youtube.***

Apr 28, 2020, 6:43 AM

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic