Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone have any idea how much it will cost to build a concrete wall from California to Louisiana?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 65
| visibility 1

Anyone have any idea how much it will cost to build a concrete wall from California to Louisiana?

Mar 2, 2016, 7:24 AM

Mexico has already told Trump to eff off. So tax payers will pay for it. Gotta guess the wall has to be 50 feet high in order to be taller than most Home Depot ladders. Probably 4 feet in thickness.

I'm guessing we'll need the cheapest labor as possible so we'll use illegal immigrants to build it. Maybe if they stay on Mexicos side they can stay legal.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

nothing...

Mar 2, 2016, 7:25 AM

not gonna happen.

So much this. Ain't gonna be no wall.

Mar 2, 2016, 10:27 AM

There was NEVER gonna be a wall.

Agree, even if Trump makes office.

Mar 2, 2016, 2:49 PM [ in reply to nothing... ]

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

10-12 billion

Mar 2, 2016, 7:29 AM

He's already said that and that's only a fraction of the trade deficit and damage illegal immigration has already done to this country....

Re: 10-12 billion

Mar 2, 2016, 7:33 AM

Are you taking into account low food costs we've enjoyed for 40 years?

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Mar 2, 2016, 7:55 AM

And accomplishing those low food costs on the backs of folks getting paid extremely low wages is right? Its economic slavery, period. Its not right.

Mar 2, 2016, 8:06 AM

The Border is an absolute joke. I live in Texas and they literally just walk across, take our jobs, pay zero taxes, get free school, healthcare, and anything they need and we just have to suck it.

Plus they multiply like freakin rabbits.

Its really past the point now. Texas will have a Latino majority in 5-10 years if not sooner. Its like little Mexico.

They are teaching my kids spanish in daycare. Seriously, that is effed up.

Yeah, let's hate on the one guy that wants to do something about it. Great idea.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 2, 2016, 8:09 AM

Real solution would be to punish those hiring illegals.

Mar 2, 2016, 8:13 AM

Dingdingding. We have a winner. But guess what, nobody, on either side, wants to crack down on businesses that hire illegals. Those businesses are worth too much campaign cash.

All this talk of walls is just for show, and always has been.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 2, 2016, 7:34 AM [ in reply to 10-12 billion ]

Seems low. This would be the biggest construction project in U.S. history

Mar 2, 2016, 7:47 AM

There are natural borders, the wall will only have to be 1000 miles I think he said....

The Great Wall of china built 2000 years ago was 13000 miles.

^^^^"he said"

Mar 2, 2016, 8:24 AM

So because Trump said it, it must be true, right?

Mar 2, 2016, 8:44 AM [ in reply to Re: 10-12 billion ]

Do we have several hundred thousand slaves to build our wall? If so then that is the only way the great all is comparable

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Mar 2, 2016, 7:48 AM [ in reply to Re: 10-12 billion ]

10-12 billion isn't just low, it's laughably low. The 670 miles of fence that Bush had installed cost 2.4 billion, and that's fencing. To complete the remainder of the border with fencing would cost 15-25 billion more as it runs through some very harsh terrain.

Drumpf wants a WALL, not some pathetic little fence. A 20 foot wall (with a 5-ft deep footer) would use 2-3 times the amount of concrete in the Hoover ###, would require specially-built concrete factories near the borders, infrastructure to move all this material and concrete, plus require more steel than exist in 4+ of our carriers, and that doesn't even touch labor to build it (unless you're living in ancient china where you can find a few million slaves to build your multi-thousand-mile-long wall, you have to actually pay people to build this one). And after we have it built, it'll cost a billion a year to maintain it. And who's going to man the wall? How useless is a wall that nobody ever watches? And what about cameras or other sensors to monitor it?

While it's not literally impossible, it is virtually impossible. So again, Drumpf is just a blowhard with a big mouth that doesn't really understand what he's talking about.

sounds like real "shovel ready" jobs.

Mar 2, 2016, 8:12 AM

not Obama's mythical "high-paying green energy" jobs, but real ones.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: sounds like jobs. not Obama's mythical "high-paying green energy" jobs, but

Mar 2, 2016, 8:34 AM

My fiscal conservative in me scoffs at expanding government jobs.

no different than the Defense budget.

Mar 2, 2016, 8:37 AM

Instead of wasting it on worthless F-35s, get something useful out of it that actually defends our border.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

"Drumpf" is that some sort of cute name like "Clemsux"

Mar 2, 2016, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Re: 10-12 billion ]

or "Dumbo Sweeney"? I just love these little derisive names, they are so clever.

Please enlighten us on this one, it has to be good.

I think it originated from that John Oliver idiot

Mar 2, 2016, 10:23 AM

Same guy who proclaimed Dabo to be soybean wind or something stupid like that. He evidentially isn't very funny, or good at coming up with names for people.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's funny how sheep-like his followers are

Mar 2, 2016, 12:08 PM

That whole Daily Show/ Colbert/ John Oliver set basically thinks in memes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's his name before an ancestor changed it***

Mar 2, 2016, 12:17 PM [ in reply to "Drumpf" is that some sort of cute name like "Clemsux" ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

and that is derisive for some reason

Mar 2, 2016, 2:31 PM

My surname was probably different long long ago, and it was shortened/changed/Americanized, etc.
I truly don't know. We're a nation of mutts.

I would be neither embarrassed or ashamed if somebody dug that up.

Considering you refuse to watch the well done segment.

Mar 2, 2016, 2:39 PM

Mr. Drumph has made his life and empire on the branding of his name Trump. To many people, the name Trump is associated with wealth, power, and success.

So while Drumph isn't derogatory or insulting, it breaks the spell of the Trump brand.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

OK good, thanks for the explanation***

Mar 2, 2016, 2:55 PM

Mar 2, 2016, 8:43 AM [ in reply to 10-12 billion ]

lol if you think that wall can be done for that price.

Nothing. .

Mar 2, 2016, 7:36 AM

Borrow money from China to build it. .. declare bankruptcy and never pay for it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Nothing. .

Mar 2, 2016, 9:01 AM

Trump strategy works in real life. I think you're onto something.

Re: Anyone have any idea how much it will cost to build a concrete wall from California to Louisiana

Mar 2, 2016, 7:37 AM

Most of that land is private. The government would have to buy/lease sizable easements on both sides in order to haul in workers, store cement and block, etc. etc.

Then again, China did it. If we ignore property and labor rights, we can make 'merica almost as great as 14th century China, complete with an army of eunuchs.

Yeah but Chuck Norris is no BRuce lee.***

Mar 2, 2016, 7:39 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

It will be built

Mar 2, 2016, 7:42 AM

Dang TWoods, you're the first one that understands how it will be built. Where you getting that inside info?

And yes - it WILL be built. We just need to get Trump elected first, and keep the Dems out of the White House for 10-12 years. Sounds like a plan. You with us or agin us?

Re: It will be built

Mar 2, 2016, 7:47 AM

Just asking how. Never been explained. Have you driven on SC roads? We can't even get money to fix that.

Can we also build a wall around Miami to keep the Cubans in?***

Mar 2, 2016, 8:41 AM [ in reply to It will be built ]

less than the cost of providing social sevices to illegals

Mar 2, 2016, 7:48 AM

also less than providing healthcare to the growing number of addicts due to the unabated drug trafficing. If you dont understand why having a regulated border with an out of control cartel controlled country might be a good idea, I doubt you would understand anything else posted on the matter.

Re: less than the cost of providing social sevices to illegals

Mar 2, 2016, 7:51 AM

I get it. I just don't think you can stop drugs with a wall though. Underground tunnels will be built. Drug cartels will make it happen.

it wont stop but you effectively raise cost and reduce usage***

Mar 2, 2016, 7:54 AM

Won't do a thing as far as consumption. **

Mar 2, 2016, 8:24 AM

nm

consumption is affected by price. basic behavioral economics***

Mar 2, 2016, 8:40 AM

I know this issue well and with drugs it is different.

Mar 2, 2016, 9:18 AM

Normally you would be right on the money though, so no disrespect. Drugs are different. Sad, but true.

Bullsheet***

Mar 2, 2016, 8:49 AM [ in reply to it wont stop but you effectively raise cost and reduce usage*** ]

And if you dont understand how building

Mar 2, 2016, 8:46 AM [ in reply to less than the cost of providing social sevices to illegals ]

A wall will accomplish nothing then you should read more history books.

Re: less than the cost of providing social sevices to illegals

Mar 2, 2016, 3:11 PM [ in reply to less than the cost of providing social sevices to illegals ]

That's just putting a giant bandaid on the wound. If you think a wall is going to put any significant dent in drug trafficking I think you are in for a surprise. Walls aren't going to stop boats, airplanes and now drones from delivering the goods.

If we really want to stop them we need to hit them where it hurts and take away black market that is created by keeping these drugs illegal. We will never stop drug use, it's not going to happen. Instead of investing so much money into criminalizing it, why not invest that into helping people get off the drugs and hell, bring in profit from making it legal and taxing it.

Ask a Mexican

Mar 2, 2016, 7:54 AM

Because we ain't paying for it.

And Louisiana is bordered by water there pods. Nice Geography there buddy.

Trump2016! #MakeMexicoPay

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ask a Mexican

Mar 2, 2016, 8:08 AM

Mexico already said "I'm not building your fu$&"ng wall"

Presidente Fox

Now what? Should we bomb them?

Mar 2, 2016, 10:09 AM

mexico's president is Enrique Peña Nieto. Fox doesn't have a say. Not saying anything about the validity of building a wall.

Mar 2, 2016, 3:03 PM

Dude, Mexico is not paying for the wall.

Mar 2, 2016, 9:30 AM [ in reply to Ask a Mexican ]

So how/why is Mexico going to pay for it? I've yet to hear a realistic answer from Trump.

Estimates are between 15-25 billion

Mar 2, 2016, 8:22 AM

700 million to maintain. Moreover, there are issues of eminent domain etc etc. It's not happening. I support the wall being built. but it's not happening.

Look at the jobs it will create in the paint industry ....

Mar 2, 2016, 8:35 AM

Given the inclination to paint graffiti on every square foot of the Trump Wall.

why not just put the military on the border and shoot

Mar 2, 2016, 8:46 AM

anyone trying to get in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: why not just put the military on the border and shoot

Mar 2, 2016, 12:46 PM

Staffing the 2000-mile long Texas border alone with armed personnel would require 70,000 men assuming that the men are spaced 50 yards apart to avoid "leakage".. Of course, they'd need to work in 8 or 12 hour shifts. So scale that by 2-3. Someone check my math on that, because I did not copy and paste, did on the fly and it just ascertains what I was thinking even more.

So, a conservative need of 150,000 able-bodied, trained men dedicated full-time to shooting Mexicans trying to get across the border.....IN TEXAS. We going to do the same for other coastline and shared points of contact? Hell, let's go ahead and dedicate 1 MILLION well trained folks with rifles to this purpose!

Also, go ahead and double the cost of staffing for supplies & maintenance for all the facilities that would have to be built on the border to accommodate the border patrol.

I hope if they have to implement a draft for this, all the folks who think it's dumb can sign a waiver. I know you may have been being facetious, but your solution is as feasible as most at this point.

The answer is obvious. Weaponized drones.***

Mar 2, 2016, 3:08 PM

This line of thinking is how Trump is the front-runner.

Mar 2, 2016, 3:12 PM [ in reply to why not just put the military on the border and shoot ]

nm

11 Pesos...

Mar 2, 2016, 8:47 AM

No minimum wage for Mexicans.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

to Louisiana?

Mar 2, 2016, 8:51 AM

Wut?!?!?

Wants to stem the tide of Texans running amuck as well.***

Mar 2, 2016, 8:55 AM

Re: to Louisiana?

Mar 2, 2016, 9:04 AM [ in reply to to Louisiana? ]

Why stop there?? lets get the Cubans to build it from LA to Fla!

it doesnt matter how high or wide the wall

Mar 2, 2016, 8:52 AM

illegals will still get into our country. Trump is delusional

I think I'm just going to pack up and move to the Islands if Trump or Hillary are elected., I'm updating my passport as we speak.

Trump is not delusional. He knows his fans

Mar 2, 2016, 9:09 AM

He knows what they want to hear, realistic or not.
He knows the game and is playing it to perfection.

Re: it doesnt matter how high or wide the wall

Mar 2, 2016, 10:12 AM [ in reply to it doesnt matter how high or wide the wall ]

Good luck getting a job. Those islands may be really crowded.

Anyone have any idea how much it will

Mar 2, 2016, 8:56 AM

TW why would the wall need to go to Louisiana?

I agree with most of what you are saying though.

Can't wait to go visit it & take pics and...

Mar 2, 2016, 8:58 AM

Send back to Hillary's Liberal followers!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can't wait to go visit it & take pics and...

Mar 2, 2016, 9:02 AM

Bill, Trump ain't no conservative or Christian.

Mar 2, 2016, 10:15 AM

or so I've been lead to believe

Physical walls are outdated-install a laser beam wall system

Mar 2, 2016, 10:25 AM

that turns anyone who crosses it into a gooey pile.

Sorta like what they are doing in India:

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/india-erect-laser-walls-border-pakistan-curb-infiltration-1538552

Re: Anyone have any idea how much it will cost to build

Mar 2, 2016, 12:33 PM

It's pretty much logistically unfeasible.

I'll believe otherwise when it happens --- or rather, when a plan is proposed that could even be construed as close to a reasonable/workable/affordable solution. How anyone thinks this issue has EVER been anything other than the RINOS scapegoat for unemployment and a rallying cry for white middle class victimhood (a label ironically bestowed on challengers) is beyond me.

Some people want a wall. I'd rather us take those funds and revive all the other public infrastructure that the Greatest Generation left us and that the Baby Boomers have neglected over the past 40 years. But then again, that would be totally helpful and just not a good thing.

Replies: 65
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic