Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone else thinks LOUServille beats FSWho this week?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Anyone else thinks LOUServille beats FSWho this week?

Oct 14, 2015, 7:14 AM

I think so. I don't really see the noles being all that great. They struggled with Miami? I just don't see the threat from them. UL can stop the run - and that's stopping Cook. Once you stop Cook, then it is OVAH for the noles.

Of course, that means they won't roll into Death Valley undefeated, which means no Gameday I guess.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Gameday, sick of Corso's old act anyway.****

Oct 14, 2015, 7:16 AM

Re: Screw Gameday, sick of Corso's old act anyway.

Oct 14, 2015, 7:20 AM

so true, didnt even watch at Clemson. I DVR'ed it and scroll through to only watch CU related material

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyone else thinks LOUServille beats FSWho this week?

Oct 14, 2015, 7:18 AM

I think Lousiville CAN beat FSU, but like you said, its all about stopping Cook. their passing game wont beat you. Part of me would like to see FSU go down and the other part of me doesnt.

RIght now, I just want to see a HUGE crowd out Saturday night for BC, a loud crowd and another Clemson victory.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2015, 7:18 AM

I hope not. We need and pretty highly rated FSU program in the Valley come November

^^^^^ gets it

Oct 14, 2015, 7:38 AM

We need to be doing the war chant at our tailgates and in our dens on Sat!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2015, 7:21 AM

Wow I haven't thought about it but your right. They very well could pull it off. Stopping cook is easier said than done tho. He would be getting hesiman talk if there wasn't a guy named Fournette.

The question is do we want to face an unbeaten top 10 FSU or a top 20 one loss FSU team? With the stupid playoff committee and the way it's set up, we need them to be as highly ranked imo.

Oct 14, 2015, 7:27 AM

not like we can influence it either way

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2015, 7:27 AM

Yeah I'd much rather fsu lose. Florida teams quite when they are not playing for anything.

UL beating FSU would be a nice insurance policy for us

Oct 14, 2015, 7:46 AM

Because it sets up a potential 3-way tie for 1st place in the division should we happen to lose to FSU. FSU is Louisville's last difficult conference game, with the potential exception of Pitt, and they could easily win out their conference schedule to go 7-1 if they get past FSU. If I remember correctly the tiebreaker in a 3-way tie is something like highest-ranked team or best schedule. FSU losing to UL gives Clemson the edge, I would think.

Re: UL beating FSU would be a nice insurance policy for us

Oct 14, 2015, 7:49 AM

...that being said, I don't think UL is going to walk into Doak Campbell and hand FSU a loss.

I think its a possibility alson, because

Oct 14, 2015, 7:47 AM

Miami's offense, while not pedestrian, is not a great offense and at times they moved the ball at will against FlaSt's defense. Judging from the games I've seen them play so far this season, its the seminole defense and not Clemson's that has had a fall-off from last year. We know Louisville can throw up a good defense, and I believe they'll slow Cook up enough (rather than competely stop him) to force Jimbo to go to more of a passing game and the semiholes can get beat having to depend on Goulson.

Plus, the Miami-FlaSt game looked like a very physical, chippy, hard-hitting game and the noles might be nicked up enough to have a bit of a letdown......and Louisville is the wrong team to take for granted. The Cards seem to gain a little determination in their fairly dominating victory over NCSt----an outcome which came as no surprise to this poster---and seem ready to overcome a poor start to the season

So, short of picking an outright Louisville win, It does seem like a good possibility......I know, go out on a limb, huh?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope. Not in Tally

Oct 14, 2015, 8:13 AM

stopping Cook isn't as easy as stopping him at the line of scrimmage. He also does a great job in space and has great hands.

For our game with FSU, I'm not worried about his rush yards. I'm pretty sure our front 7 will limit that. I'm worried about our ability to cover him route running ability.

For our sake, I hope not... But will smile if it happens***

Oct 14, 2015, 8:19 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't want it to happen, though I hate the Criminoles.

Oct 14, 2015, 8:45 AM

We need them undefeated when we beat them to help strength of schedule. Also, them losing to Louisville wouldn't help us anyway if we don't take care of our own business with them. They would still own the head to head tiebreaker, and I certainly don't see them losing two games besides us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2015, 8:46 AM

Should be a good game... but i dont think they can handle cook... he is a stud!!! hold him under 150 yrd rushing and they might just pull it off.

Oct 14, 2015, 8:55 AM

I personally hope Louisville can upset FSU this weekend. We need for FSU to lose at least one game before coming to the Valley in November.

Go Tigers!

Wouldn't surprise me, its like the Super Bowl for Louisville***

Oct 14, 2015, 9:08 AM

Oct 14, 2015, 9:18 AM

We rushed for net 202 yards against them.

No, FSU will win.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic