Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone else find the comment that Swinney made about
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Anyone else find the comment that Swinney made about

Dec 13, 2012, 9:06 AM

"This is a Clemson offense..not a Chad Morris offense" a little "chippy"? He was hired from Tulsa cause of his offense..now all of a sudden it's not his offense?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thats right...or does USuCk run Floridas offense???***

Dec 13, 2012, 9:07 AM

Re: Thats right...or does USuCk run Floridas offense???***

Dec 13, 2012, 9:31 AM

Dabo knew the offense he wanted to run and hired a guy to run it! You people always looking for something to run the coach down are just pathetic!

Re: Thats right...or does USuCk run Floridas offense???***

Dec 13, 2012, 10:27 AM

And you people who freak out anytime someone points out a questionable Swinney quote or action are just as pathetic.

This place is rampant with a bunch of freakin' McCarthyists.

My take

Dec 13, 2012, 9:09 AM

We have a OL coach, a RB coach, a WR coach etc. Each one is part of the offensive team. Chad may be the leader, but the offense doesn't work unless the entire staff does their job.

Re: My take

Dec 13, 2012, 10:29 AM

Well that's ever staff. But in terms of scheme and philosophy, Chad brought that here.

Don't think for a second that a new OC is going to come in and run "Clemson's offense" when Chad leaves next year. That's not the way it works. Unless Scott is hired, of course.

Re: Anyone else find the comment that Swinney made about

Dec 13, 2012, 9:10 AM

I think it came across a little wrong. think he meant more of a philosphy/type of offense we would run regardless of who is calling the plays.

Dec 13, 2012, 9:15 AM

I think what he was saying is "up tempo is Dabo's type of offense and he went and found the man that best runs that style of offense as his OC.

Dec 13, 2012, 9:11 AM

you are micro-reading into his comments. WOW

Dabo found his man for his vision of what he wanted the

Dec 13, 2012, 9:14 AM

Clemson offense to be. When Chad leaves, probably after next year, he'll find another person who will fit that vision. So yes, it's a Clemson offense

All he meant is we would be running an offense like this even if chad had not come here and we will be running a similar offense after he leaves.

Not arrogant. It was a true statement. Chad Morris did not

invent this offense. He borrowed it. He went West last year in the off season to learn more about it. This style is out there and there are hundreds (if you count HS coaches) of coaches out there running it. So, it is not Chad's offense!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

I thought it a strange comment. It's Chad's offense that he brought to Clemson. It wasn't very complimentary to Chad.

You coots love to stir the pot

Dec 13, 2012, 9:22 AM

He was very clearly stating that regardless of who the offensive coordinator is, Clemson will run this offense as long as he is the head coach. This helps with recruiting by letting all the players who like Chad's system know that when Chad leaves this offense will stay at Clemson. You guys and your obsession with our program crack me up.

Re: You coots love to stir the pot

Dec 13, 2012, 9:28 AM

No, you crack me up. You've posted 1200 times in two months. I asked a simple question and I'm called a coot for it? Get a life...literally

Dec 13, 2012, 9:31 AM

I have posted 1200 in 2 months because any time I spend on a message board is the one for my team. I do not go to other team's websites to try to stir stuff up. Maybe you should learn from me even though you are a veteran since 2 weeks after Scar beat Clemson in '10. Hmm... I wonder why you signed up?

Dec 13, 2012, 9:38 AM

63-17 coot

Dec 13, 2012, 9:49 AM [ in reply to Re: You coots love to stir the pot ]

I hear ya Mr "my team"...so tell me..how long u been in IPTAY? How much have u given? Bet I got u beat...not bad for a "coot" huh?

Dec 13, 2012, 10:30 AM

I sir, have never been in a financial position to anything but pay the bills and hope to get a cheap ticket here or there for Clemson games.

He was simply stressing the point that Clemson will

Dec 13, 2012, 9:26 AM

have an up tempo, spread offense no matter who th OC is. Sure, this is Chad Morris's offense, but Dabo's point is that the next OC's offense won't look a whole lot different.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Fair enough on everyone's comments...just thought it

Dec 13, 2012, 9:37 AM

Was a little off. Guess I reading too much into it

I understand where you are coming from, and Dabo may have

Dec 13, 2012, 9:49 AM

come across as a little chippy; but I think he wants to make it clear to recruits that the offensive identity at Clemson isn't gonna change.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Dec 13, 2012, 9:30 AM

Everyone knows it is Morris's offense. Was it the Clemson defense last year or was that Steele's?

It was Clemson's defense

Dec 13, 2012, 9:32 AM

and that is why Steele is gone because Dabo knew someone else needed to run Clemson's defense. Pretty sure Morris learned it from Malzhan. It's not like he invented it.

Dec 13, 2012, 9:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Anyone else find the comment that Swinney made about ]

63-17 cooty

Dec 13, 2012, 11:10 AM

LOL. Seriously?

he's talking about the spread offense...theres other guys

Dec 13, 2012, 9:40 AM

who can run it with the right pieces in place. We have the pieces right now so it wouldn't be hard for someone else to come in and be successful.

I think it was 100% the right thing to say, and he will be

Dec 13, 2012, 9:45 AM

making those comments more often in the future.

It's clear Morris will not be at Clemson much longer. Perhaps another year or two tops. It's also obvious that the kind of kids Clemson is recruiting right now want to play in this offense. Dabo would be smart to reinforce that this is Clemson's offense regardless of who the OC is. Otherwise we could lose recruits when we lose Morris.

Dec 13, 2012, 9:46 AM

he was probably tired of all the Morris questions while he is trying to get ready for LSU.

malzhan

Dec 13, 2012, 10:13 AM

Yup....that's where he learned it. While Malzhan was still a high school HC.

no***

Dec 13, 2012, 10:29 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

No. He wanted a fast-paced offense, so he found someone

Dec 13, 2012, 11:20 AM

who runs a fast-paced offense. If The Chad leaves, he'll find someone else who runs a fast-paced offense.

He has to make it clear to everyone (and recruits) that if The Chad bolts, Clemson is not going to suddenly switch to running the Power I formation.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not at all, take nothing away from Chad, BUT Dabo

Dec 13, 2012, 11:21 AM

had every single player that's contributed on the roster or committed before Chad was hired. In fact Chad's first orders(from Dabo) was to get down to Florida and make Sammy happy.

Dabo,Brad and Jeff put this team together and when Chad moves on Dabo will get another guy to work with the talent he's recruited. If one remembers all the stories about there was no room for a TE in Chad's offense, you know the talent at TE on this team changed that.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic