Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone else feel bad for Cole?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Anyone else feel bad for Cole?

Sep 21, 2014, 1:31 PM

I think he could thrive in a WVU type air raid offense. He just doesn't have the skillset we need. It's a shame. I was really pulling for him to do well this year. Not that he's done badly but... Watson has done better.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyone else feel bad for Cole?

Sep 21, 2014, 1:32 PM

yes very much so.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2014, 1:34 PM

Absolutely

Sep 21, 2014, 1:34 PM

I always feel bad for good guys that are loyal team players. I am sorry he doesn't have all the talent as Watson. He seems like a good young man.

Sep 21, 2014, 1:35 PM

Sure, you feel bad for the kid, but it is part of the deal. It's called competition.

Sep 21, 2014, 1:38 PM

Yes!

Should have transfered 2 years ago

Sep 21, 2014, 1:47 PM

Big mistake that cost him dearly.

Sep 21, 2014, 1:48 PM

As the backup, will he still be a captain?

Sep 21, 2014, 1:52 PM

Hate it for him, wait behind the best passer in school history for 5 years then once it's finally your RS SR year you win the job, then lose your job to a true freshman. He didn't do anything to lose his job, but Deshaun did everything to win the job. Deshaun can do things that Cole can't (still wondering how he got out of the sack and went on gain nine yards).

Although I do think that we had a better chance with Deshaun. He went up against the best and most complete defense in the nation and gave his team a chance to win, but due to some horrible play calls (shotgun on 4th and short twice) we lost.

The Deshaun Watson Era has begun.

Sep 21, 2014, 1:57 PM

Even my wife asked why we were in the shotgun with first and 6 inches to go for a TD. Dabo and Chad had no real answer and that is my friends coaching at its worse.

3 years behind Tajh, he wasn't redshirted.***

Sep 21, 2014, 2:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyone else feel bad for Cole? ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 3 years behind Tajh, he wasn't redshirted.***

Sep 21, 2014, 2:13 PM

he waited a h3ll of a long time, there, happy?

Don't get angry at me for stating facts, and don't get angry

Sep 21, 2014, 2:14 PM

at me because Watson is the better QB.

Sep 21, 2014, 2:08 PM

It's like we lost our integrity and had to go with the hot hand. I have been in the Cole Stoudt camp for a long while. It seriously pains me to see him lose the starting position.

That said - without the correct play-calling - None of our QB's are going to win the big games. We just seem to sputter way too often.

When I think of those 3rd-and-one's and 4th-and-one's that we failed to make - and Kurt Fleming is sitting on the bench - it just totally annoys me. We don't even attempt to utilize the strengths that we possess. It's just a complete failure to recognize the talent IMO. The coaches are just now making the adjustments that should have been made prior to the UGA game. That shows ineptness to the nth degree IMO. We should give them all a raise and extend their contracts.

Just ticked at all of them right now. I don't think they could have thought up more ways to lose a dadgum game.

Flemming fumbled the ball against SC State...

Sep 21, 2014, 2:13 PM

that's why he wasn't used against FSU. He has potential, but Choice, Gallman, and Davidson are ahead of Flemming at this point. How is playing the best player losing integrity? There is nothing wrong with the play calling we need better oline play, and that falls on Robbie Caldwell.

Re: Flemming fumbled the ball against SC State...

Sep 21, 2014, 2:21 PM

Choice and Gallman carried the ball 10 times for 15 yards last night. Not great numbers. Perhaps Fleming isn't the guy but there has to be someone on the team who can get that yard that you have to have at times. Surely the coaches can 'teach' him to hang onto the ball. Before this season is over, we will be faced with that challenge again. I hope we begin working tomorrow on short yardage situations .. again! Having the TE's banged up hurt last night but I hope Cooper is close to being 100%.Anyone know?

He just isn't a starter at this level of college football...

Sep 21, 2014, 2:09 PM

The air raid offense wouldn't help his accuracy.

Its a business at this level. He had his chance.***

Sep 21, 2014, 2:14 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly, a 6'4" 230 lb QB should be able to complete routine

Sep 21, 2014, 2:16 PM

passes to wide open receivers. The low pass to Leggett is the perfect example of why he isn't a starter at this level of college football. He could do good at the FCS level, just not at the FBS. Like and appreciate that he is a hard worker, but unfortunately everybody isn't a good or great player.

Nope.

Sep 21, 2014, 2:22 PM

I respect his effort but he fell short. Who could stand to be compared to DW. What QB in the country could beat him out of the starting job. Maybe Oregon's QB but that's about it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic