Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone catch College Football Live last night?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,389

Anyone catch College Football Live last night?

Aug 4, 2015, 9:38 AM

They were going over teams with best odds to win title. They were going in groups of 4 and we were in 3rd group at 20-1. Then Brock Huard talked about us and saying how we are overrated - that the defense will have problems and can DW truly come back from his injury and play well. Said we have 2 difficult games at beginning of season @ Louisville and then home to ND and don't forget GT and FSU later. Can't wait to prove that knucklehead wrong - love the naysayers! Hope we use that to our advantage. No one believes in this D or that DW can come back healthy and lead us. Folks are in for a surprise.

Go Tigers! Spot the D#@N ball!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyone catch College Football Live last night?

Aug 4, 2015, 9:42 AM

Haters gonna hate. That said, I bet they eat those words as this season progresses. This team has championship quality written all over it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the defense will likely take a step back, but.......

Aug 4, 2015, 9:51 AM

i don't think it will be the step back that many are thinking........I think BV will still have this defense as top 15-20 if not better. Is it ok to question the defense?.....maybe, but we will NOT take the step back that south carolina did last year.......we have more talent to replace the NFLers than they did.

as for DW4, that's a question/concern every fan has on their mind. I'm taking the coaches/trainers word that he's 100% healthy, but like huard said, how many times have you seen guys comeback supposedly "100%" that just arent the same?...........flip side there are those who've made a great comeback (i believe mariotta tore his ACL, may be mistaken, and we all saw what he did)...........i'm cautiously optimistic about his health and if he stays healthy all season i'll be surprised if we're not 11-1 at the end of the season..........and i don't own a pair of orange colored glasses.

Almost positive that Boyd played his SR high school year

Aug 4, 2015, 10:58 AM

with a torn ACL too...there are just as many guys that have these injuries that come back looking great or just like they were than the ones that dont look the same...so yea i agree its a wait and see deal but to right him off is ignorant...the kid is a hard worker and i think he will be ready to go this year, also will be a little smarter.

CJ Brown for UMd tore his ACL in 2012...

Aug 4, 2015, 12:12 PM [ in reply to the defense will likely take a step back, but....... ]

Still ran for over 500 yards in his next two seasons. The norm in college football seems to be closer to full recovery from an ACL injury, not "never being the same."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,389
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic