Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anybody remember Chris Fowler say
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Anybody remember Chris Fowler say

Feb 7, 2017, 10:04 AM

"Sounds like death valley in here, very loud" while our defense was on the field after going up 28-24 during the NCG? I rewatched the game this morning and thought it was a nice compliment to our fans. I also noticed the cameras shaking on a few occasions whenever we were on defense or scored a TD. #Clemsonloud

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I still can't believe our defense allowed them to score.

Feb 7, 2017, 11:26 AM

I thought we won the game at 28-24 with them needing a TD.

They let them score so DW and HR could put on a show

Feb 7, 2017, 11:28 AM

We're a truly giving team.

Re: I still can't believe our defense allowed them to score.

Feb 7, 2017, 11:30 AM [ in reply to I still can't believe our defense allowed them to score. ]

Yep after that lucky 3-16 we didn't make another tackle

Re: Anybody remember Chris Fowler say

Feb 7, 2017, 11:55 AM

I remember after Jalen Hurts scored Kirk saying, "and legend is born here tonight in Tampa in Jalen Hurts! "

Even though I couldn't have known we would take the final drive down for the win, I was laughing at that comment thinking how premature it was with two minutes left on the board. The rest is history and I guarantee you no one will remember that final touchdown run except Alabama fans.

The minute he ran for the TD, I knew we would win. I looked

Feb 7, 2017, 1:17 PM

at the clock and saw 2:07 and thought - you left too much time for us, Jalen. TOO MUCH TIGER TIME. We are going to win!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Jalen Hurts can still become a legend and the birth could be

Feb 7, 2017, 1:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Anybody remember Chris Fowler say ]

on that play. Its not like he didn't make a great play. Sure he could have held the ball longer and not ran for a TD to keep their offense on the field. But in that moment they weren't playing against the clock. They were behind on the scoreboard. To be a young QB on the biggest stage playing against this Tiger team, Jalen did a great job and maybe that was the birth of a legendary career to come.

Don't down play our competition.

Re: Jalen Hurts can still become a legend and the birth could be

Feb 7, 2017, 3:39 PM

You are absolutely correct. It was a great play. I was really trying to refer to Kirk sounding as if the game was over. Most people will probably only remember the final Clemson Drive. Alabama and Clemson fans will remember every drive. The ups and downs of a great championship game.

I am sure Jalen will have a fine college career. Unless his passing improves, I don't believe he will go to far beyond that. .. but I do wish him the best. Just my opinion of course. May he prove me wrong

Re: Anybody remember Chris Fowler say

Feb 7, 2017, 12:38 PM

Yeah I think them getting the first down when we had them 3rd and 16 was a morale blow and a boost to Bama. Im glad it went the way it did though. DW4 to Winfrow... 0:01. Priceless

Yep, I remember it ... couldn't believe he gave us a

Feb 7, 2017, 12:43 PM

compliment. I am sure E$PN docked his pay for that.
:)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

we used to get that kind of compliment with our littlejohn

Feb 7, 2017, 1:24 PM

faithful even when we were dead last in the league every year. But now we tote the motto of "what have you done for me lately"... wish we could get that back in littlejohn too. I think it has some to do with moving the students out from behind the backboards bc that forced you to participate. But maybe we'll somehow get organized or something and get that edge back.

I'll always remember "And the little man makes another

Feb 7, 2017, 2:20 PM

ENORMOUS play!"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic