Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anybody know the best place to park in Durham for the game.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 498

Anybody know the best place to park in Durham for the game.

May 22, 2013, 1:14 PM

Also do you know the best free place to park. Would like to compare if possible.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Re: Anybody know the best place to park in Durham for the game.

May 22, 2013, 1:49 PM

There is free parking leading up to the stadium along the street, running parallel with the Ford dealership up until the main garage/mellow mushroom. It may be scarce by game time. The fact that it is single-laned means you really can't "wait" on either side of the road for a spot (just drive-byes). I am going to park for $5 in one of the two closest garages. It's Durham, so I stay on "safer" side with parking.

Hope this helps.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2013, 1:53 PM

Awesome thanks for the info.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

May 22, 2013, 3:38 PM

There is free parking all around the stadium on side streets. It's perfectly safe in this area.

You can park in pay lots right around the stadium for $4 to $5 if you don't want to walk a couple of hundred yards.

Tyler's Taproom near the stadium has a good selection of beers.

There is actually a nightlife in downtown Durham now.

You are a couple of blocks from Fullsteam brewery
at 726 Rigsbee Avenue

and there are usually upscale food trucks in the area near the brewery since it doesn't serve food.

Some of the bars near the brewery also have bands but I don't know about on a Wednesday night.

If you're going to eat before the game and don't want to eat at a chain, the Federal (bar with upscale pub food) is good if sometimes crowded.

Dames' Chicken and Waffles and Bull City Burger and Brewery also get good reviews but I've never been.

There are several other good but fancier more upscale restaurants in the area including Rue Cler, Pop's, Revolution, and Toast.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 498
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic