Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anybody got the inside scoop on going to a Braves game?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,793

Anybody got the inside scoop on going to a Braves game?

Apr 25, 2016, 8:39 PM

Trying to take my grandson this year and want to avoid the "problems" associated with Hotlanta! Thanks for any tips!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anybody got the inside scoop on going to a Braves game?

Apr 25, 2016, 9:07 PM

Expect traffic, plan your travel time conservatively. Parking can be up around 15-20 bucks (cash only) if you park in a lot close to the stadium.

Tickets are fairly easy to pick up this season. Don't be afraid to check craigslist/stubhub for reasonably priced tickets in good sections.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 26, 2016, 12:37 AM

Don't waste your money or time trying to park near the stadium. Go straight to the Chamblee MARTA station and take it to where the shuttle will take you in. Picks you up right outside the gate after the game too.

Apr 25, 2016, 9:28 PM

Shouldn't haven't any problem getting good seats as opposed to years past.
Weekend games best to attend from a traffic standpoint.

Apr 25, 2016, 9:28 PM

We just parked at the marta station and rode the Marta to underground Atlanta. From there they offer free shuttle ride to Turner field. You won't have to pay for parking and travel lanes are wide open for shuttles to and from the marta! Game, set, match! Have fun!

That sounds like the ticket!!! Thank you!!!***

Apr 25, 2016, 10:52 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not underground atlanta anymore

Apr 26, 2016, 8:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Anybody got the inside scoop on going to a Braves game? ]

The shuttle station has moved.

From the braves website...I've used both option #1 and option #2.

MARTA INFO/POLICIES:

OPTION #1: FANS CAN TAKE THE MARTA RAIL TO THE GEORGIA STATE UNIVERSITY STATION AND THEN ITS JUST A SHORT STROLL (LESS THAN A MILE) SOUTH ON CAPITAL AVENUE TO TURNER FIELD;

OR

OPTION #2: FANS CAN TAKE MARTA RAIL TO THE WEST END STATION, THEN JUMP ON THE MARTA BRAVES SHUTTLE WHICH DEPARTS FROM THE NORTH BUS LOOP AREA 90 MINUTES BEFORE EACH GAME AND WILL RUN THROUGHOUT THE GAME UNTIL ONE HOUR AFTER THE FINAL OUT;

OR

OPTION #3: FOR THOSE FANS WHO MAY WANT TO ARRIVE AT THE BALLPARK BEFORE THE MARTA BRAVES SHUTTLE BEGINS ITS GAME OPERATION MARTA RECOMMENDS CATCHING ANY ONE OF THREE OTHER AVAILABLE BUS ROUTES - THE #32, THE # 49 OR THE # 55. ALL THREE BUS LINES MAY BE CAUGHT AT THE FIVE POINTS MARTA STATION AND ALL THREE ROUTES STOP AT POINTS ADJACENT (I.E. HANK AARON DRIVE, POLLARD BLVD) TO TURNER FIELD.

The shuttle will return to fans to the North Bus Loop Bays at the West End Station.

The shuttle is free when you transfer from any MARTA bus or rail station with a valid Breeze Card/Ticket. Be sure to buy a round trip fare ($4.50) at a Breeze Vending machine.

Children under 6 years old ride free with an accompanying adult. Bus transfers are free and loaded automatically once you tap to exit a station or enter a bus. Parking for less than 24 hours is free at all MARTA parking facilities

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 25, 2016, 11:01 PM

As others have said, tickets are easy to come by this year. You can walk up to the box office and select your seat if you don't buy tickets online before.

I'm typically a proponent of taking public transit/MARTA here in Atlanta, but it's a hassle changing from the train to the stadium shuttles. Pay $15 cash for parking in the Braves Blue Lot (its an easy walk across what used to be Fulton County Stadium to the TED). Exit from I-85 Southbound onto Fulton Street, turn left and the Blue Lot is on your right. The Braves lots are a little more expensive (maybe $5), but if you are worried about any issues, the only folks you'll run into in the Blue Lot are tailgaters and a few random scalpers.

Go early. There is plenty to do and see in the stadium and you'll encounter less traffic issues getting into the lot. I just took my 10-year old daughter on Sunday, we had a blast.

Biggest problem appears to be that there is no team to watch

Apr 26, 2016, 7:00 AM

in Atlanta this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Braves aren't scrimaging themselves. At least you'll

Apr 26, 2016, 11:45 AM

get to see one major league team.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,793
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic