Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anybody else tired of all of the (add color here) out games?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,187

Anybody else tired of all of the (add color here) out games?

Sep 18, 2013, 4:02 PM

whether it's an "official" white-out or black-out or red-out or purple-out or whatever else your school color is-out game, it's not original any more. I don't know that it ever was original for the home team and the fans to both actually wear the school colors to a game. What a brilliant idea:/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anybody else tired of all of the (add color here) out games?

Sep 18, 2013, 4:14 PM

I don't care what we wear. Just win baby!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NC State says:

Sep 18, 2013, 4:33 PM

no

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anybody else tired of all of the (add color here) out games?

Sep 18, 2013, 4:34 PM

Personally, I look forward to USUC's next "Blackout" game. The last one looked like a funeral procession heading for the exits in the 4th quarter.

I can't remember if 2009 or 2007 vs. UF.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's a way for crappy schools to have good "team spirit" for

Sep 18, 2013, 4:36 PM

one game or maybe two per year.

Clemson used to be an orange out all the time. We still are, with a few exceptions. Other schools aren't as cool.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

PURPLE OUT says hi***

Sep 18, 2013, 4:40 PM

Exactly, we shouldn't do it.***

Sep 18, 2013, 5:25 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm tired of that lazy naming.

Sep 18, 2013, 4:38 PM

A black out is a thing. White out is a thing. Those are fine to use particularly if black is one of your teams colors. Everybody else should think of a new name. It is also stupid for a place like NC State to use red. I bet most of the fans were going to wear red any #### way. Pick a color where fans will be willing to buy a new shirt just for the occasion.

Oh yeah, I will till be against the "purple out" idea. Tying it to Military Appreciation Day will not change that I that I think it is silly.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It honors the military heritage and the

Sep 18, 2013, 4:52 PM

Purple Heart that Daniel Rodriguez put his life on the line for. If you don't like it, fine. Don't come. The handful of stubborn ###### who don't want to wear purple for whatever reason aren't going to change something that the students, university and coaches want us to do. Get over yourselves and get behind our football program. Like it or not, the purple out IS happening and it is a school color. Move on and lets focus on NC State.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lettering on 90% of my gear is purple and that is all they

Sep 18, 2013, 4:57 PM

will get. I also tend to see the worst in peoples plans. Last time somebody cooked up this idea, they were mocked quite a bit. This time they chose to hitch their wagon to something they thought would be too taboo to mock. They are mostly right.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Last time it was made up by a random student

Sep 18, 2013, 5:11 PM

And his buddies and he tried to spread it through a Facebook event. This time, it is University/Coaching staff sponsored. Huge difference

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Purple is great, but it is the "out" which I dislike.

Sep 18, 2013, 5:07 PM [ in reply to It honors the military heritage and the ]

Just wear purple that game like we wear orange for the others. I think it is great once a year, whether military or not.

Lame people love fads and gimmicks.***

Sep 18, 2013, 5:25 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As long as there are no "Coming Out" games ...***

Sep 18, 2013, 5:26 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,187
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic