Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anybody else suprised that Deandre McDaniel never made
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,793

Anybody else suprised that Deandre McDaniel never made

Jan 13, 2015, 6:15 PM

it onto an NFL active roster?

I thought he was primed to be a player in the league.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

He was good for us, but he also had some flaws...

Jan 13, 2015, 6:21 PM

He would make mistakes in coverage sometimes, and seemed like in his last season he slacked off. Just wasn't as active his last year. Still appreciate how good of a player he was for us, but at the same time it's not easy to make it in the NFL. Also, sometimes you have take away your team bias and look at a player honestly to see their flaws, and also assess how his play translates to the NFL.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is nearly impossible for a DB to match the stats he had

Jan 13, 2015, 6:24 PM

his junior year. Even if he had the exact same intensity, he was so good his junior year that QBs are going to test him a lot less his senior year.

Mark me down as one that was very surprised that he didn't make it in the NFL. A fast, instinctive DB who wasn't afraid of contact. I do agree with you about really enjoying the way he played in a Clemson uniform, though!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Anybody else suprised that Deandre McDaniel never made

Jan 13, 2015, 6:28 PM

I am. He wants to be a GA here.

Jan 13, 2015, 7:45 PM

His wrist was hurt his Senior year. He wanted to do two thing: to get a degree, the first in his family, and to play in the Senior Bowl. Unfortunately his wrist needed surgery and he opted not to get it operated on in a timely manner. The whole incident with his wrist and the way he held his arm, carried himself, etc., affected his gait. His speed was not great in the Combine, etc etc. For whatever reason his was the perfect storm. He had a high profile agent, we were all mystified when he wasnt taken. Was something I will always wonder about. But in the end I think it was the combination of many factors that just worked against him. He is an awesome man, a good father and soon to be husband. God had other plans for him and he knows it.

Jan 13, 2015, 8:16 PM

He was a true strong safety that came out right when the NFL was transitioning to a pass-happy league. Both safeties need to be able to cover wide receivers now, and he was more of a run-support guy.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,793
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic