Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anybody believe the Pachyderms are left out of the CFP?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,874

Anybody believe the Pachyderms are left out of the CFP?

Nov 27, 2017, 9:03 AM

I think they’ll be ranked no higher than 5 tomorrow night, with us, OU, Auburn and Wisconsin being the top 4. That is in order of how I rank the top 4, but after the POC put Miami above us last week, I could be wrong.

If #2 - #4 win next week ( ...yes, you heard it here first, we’re beating Miami), then Bama stays home. Okay, they get a NY6 Bowl, but we all know those have now become the NCAAF bowl equivalent of participation trophies.

What say you?

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Yes, they have created this situation

Nov 27, 2017, 9:13 AM

a one loss Bama is just inferior.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This will be tough. I know they want Alabama in and an

Nov 27, 2017, 9:16 AM

11-1 record ain’t bad. However the problem is who would you leave out. An AccG champion Clemson with one loss and defending NC owning a victory over auburn? I don’t think so. Wisconsin undefeated big 10 champions I don’t think so. Now a two loss Ohio state big 10 champ maybe. One loss Oklahoma who beat Ohio state? Doubtful. So I think auburn would have to win, oklahoma and Wisconsin would have to lose for it to happen. Or we lose. But I don’t want to think about it. I do wonder if this is the catalyst they use to go to 8 teams.

Message was edited by: lovingit®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This will be tough. I know they want Alabama in and an

Nov 27, 2017, 9:26 AM

I think they are left if everyone that is in the top 4 win out. I almost feel like if Osu beats Wis that Osu will have a better strength of schedule and they may still get left out. Bama needs us or Oklahoma to get beat and maybe both to get in. I heard a few guys on tv say they thought the Cu and Miami winner gets a bid to the playoffs which I was shocked because I was not sure Miami could get back in it by just beating us.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

just thought of this though, winner of ACCCG is guaranteed

Nov 27, 2017, 9:30 AM

to only have one loss. The same can't be said for big 10 or sec assuming osu and auburn win

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This will be tough. I know they want Alabama in and an

Nov 27, 2017, 11:32 AM [ in reply to Re: This will be tough. I know they want Alabama in and an ]

I don't think us losing will help them, because Miami would get in over them as ACC Champs with 1 loss.

IMO the only way they have a chance is if Wisconsin, Oklahoma, and Auburn all lose.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If they're fair

Nov 27, 2017, 11:38 AM

so no.

Re: Anybody believe the Pachyderms are left out of the CFP?

Nov 27, 2017, 12:46 PM

The CFP selection ain't broke, the fix is in;)

Actually, I have been saying for a while I think Alabama was in regardless of the Iron Bowl outcome. I also will be greatly disappointed when this happens. Their resume is just not deserving.

That said, I think the rankings tomorrow will tell us a lot. We very well could see Bama ranked in front of Auburn and GA with the presumption that the SECCG winner jumps them next week. In fact, it would not ENTIRELY surprise me to see them remain at 1. Would it be so surprising to hear the committee say, if this game had been played in October... On the road... Holiday week... best loss of the 1-loss teams... etc?

Bama vs Clemson in the Sugar Bowl?

Nov 27, 2017, 12:52 PM

That would be BS.

If Bama makes it into the top 4, they should be 3.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,874
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic