Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Any word on DW's stay in the hospital?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 3,612

Any word on DW's stay in the hospital?

Dec 14, 2014, 8:25 PM

How did his surgery go? I'm sure the answer is "great", but any inside word from T'Netters with nurse friends at the hospital would be nice.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Re: Any word on DW's stay in the hospital?

Dec 14, 2014, 8:40 PM

Hood said it went great and he's already rehabing...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2014, 8:51 PM

ACL surgery is outpatient I believe.

Dec 14, 2014, 9:36 PM

Correct

Dec 14, 2014, 10:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Any word on DW's stay in the hospital? ]

Sometimes it is. It is getting common to do it inpatient so they can use the ROM machine.

Looks like he is hanging out w his girl.

Dec 14, 2014, 10:22 PM

https://twitter.com/dallasrobson/status/543953131949006848

Seems to be doing fine.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His foot was successfully revomed from SCAR's behind !***

Dec 14, 2014, 10:30 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Although they are still left with scar tissue causing a lot of butthurt***

Dec 14, 2014, 10:36 PM

I have been in healthcare for almost 20 years

Dec 15, 2014, 3:04 AM

I have seen famous people being taken care of, taken care of famous people, been part of high profile cases that have either caught the news, or had law enforcement involved, etc...

One thing that will get you fired quicker than anything is talking about this kind of stuff. I live in CLT now and when Cam Newton wrecked, he got taken to my hospital and several people were asking me about him. (I can only say he was taken to my hospital because it is public knowledge now and the news reported it and their were pictures online from news sources posting it). My reply was, #1 he is probably in the system under an alias like many other high profile people are, and #2, if he was in the system where I could access his e-chart there is no way I am accessing it since it time stamps your name there on the chart. Cooperate compliance will surely be looking at who looked at his chart and firing those that did without the need to know. And #3, if I was directly involved in his care, there is no way I would tell anyone about it.

I worked hard for my license and plan to keep it as long as I can. It is what pays for my Clemson season tickets every year. Please do not ask other healthcare workers things that could jeopardize their livelihood. They may be ignorant, or too inexperienced enough to tell you and get themselves into trouble.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A similar incident happened in Anderson when a certain movie

Dec 15, 2014, 8:17 AM

was being filmed in the area and a very high profile actor had to make an emergency visit.

Some healthcare workers were fired for simply looking at their chart...

HIPPA!

Re: A similar incident happened in Anderson when a certain movie

Dec 15, 2014, 10:12 AM

Did Ed Harris or Cuba Gooding Jr OD on something? My buddy was a backup in that movie as a football player and said that Cuba and Ed were big time weed smokers...Pretty awesome

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

One Thumb Up from me - wish I could give you more!

Dec 15, 2014, 10:33 AM [ in reply to I have been in healthcare for almost 20 years ]

Excellent summary of the issue!

I know people are curious about the outcome/prognosis of injuries and surgeries, but medical records are private - and rightfully so.

We put medical staff in a difficult spot when we continue to ask about surgeries and injuries.

Thank you fro explaining it to us non-medical fans.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

You are certainly right

Dec 15, 2014, 1:12 PM [ in reply to I have been in healthcare for almost 20 years ]

about transmissions of this sort via social media, print, etc. People seem to have no discretion about this, and it gets them in big trouble and losing their jobs (Ex: Obama's daughters criticized in print by a political party person). On the other hand, my wife has plenty of time in the business too (actually more than 30 yrs) and she tells me stuff all the time, she just doesn't put it in print, just dinner discussion. And yes, she can get info unofficially without coding in, b/c talk and info travels pretty easily.

Replies: 12
| visibility 3,612
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic