Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Any decootments likely
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Any decootments likely

Nov 27, 2016, 12:30 PM

If so, any worth a CU offer. Also do we benefit from the overall meltdown of the SEC Least?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Any decootments likely

Nov 27, 2016, 12:38 PM

X. Thomas liking Clemson atmosphere.

Nov 28, 2016, 8:52 AM

I can't project any decommits but I can tell you that there isn't one player who has given them a verbal that we'd be seriously interested in. Not one. Yes, we did offer some of their guys but not all of those are committable offers.

Both Clemson and UNC were initially looking at OL Eric Douglas but lost interest. This spring, Douglas was down to scar, Maryland and Penn State. He is now a gamecock commit. By comparison, both Douglas and Clemson commit Blake Vinson competed at the Charlotte Opening Camp and it was Vinson who was invited to The Opening finals, while Douglas was not. Another Tiger lineman, Matt Bockhorst, was also invited to the finals and the Under Armour All-American game whereas the gamecocks are trying to bring in JUCO guys and a teammate of Douglas'.

There was a time when Clemson was evaluating and a tad interested in WR Shi Smith but that changed as the Tigers landed 4-star Amari Rodgers.

Clemson and Georgia gave DB Jamyest Williams a look but went in another direction. The consensus is that both schools filled their needs at that spot with taller more polished players at this position and Williams, around 5-8, ended up giving a verbal to scar. Clemson signed AJ Terrell (6-2) and is now looking to fill that last slot with Xavier McKinney (6-1). Georgia signed Richard Lecounte (5-11) and Williams Poole (6-0) and could close out with DB Deangelo Gibbs (6-2).

FINAL CONSENSUS
I keep hearing that muschamp is a great recruiter but all I've seen him do is offer nearly every prospect in the south and only land the folks who were headed to scar anyway. I have not once seen him pull a guy away from another school or get a verbal from someone who was considered a hard-lean to an opposing institution. Essentially all he's done is run up fuel-reward points and shake a bunch of disinterested hands.

"The coaches down in Florida have a saying, make sure your kid as a pulse and Boom will offer."

In other words...

Nov 28, 2016, 8:56 AM

Leftovers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

I like the little coot DBs. King and Smith were fun to watch***

Nov 28, 2016, 9:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Any decootments likely ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He gets a good reputation as a great recruiter

Nov 28, 2016, 10:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Any decootments likely ]

because he recruited well AT FLORIDA. Florida recruits itself. If UF offers any kid in the state of Florida they're automatically in their Top 2 if not leader. Tampa, Orlando, and Jacksonville are all right there. Perfect location. Then they could say he recruited well at Auburn.....IT'S AUBURN. They already had something there after 2 national title appearances in 4 years including a title. It's a very overrated statement that doesn't hold much weight at USCjr. He'll get some decent in state players and a couple good out of states but he's not a better recruiter than Dabo or Jeff Scott. He's not hopping in on Rashan Gary out of Jersey at the twelfth hour, getting an official, and almost landing him.

Nov 28, 2016, 11:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Any decootments likely ]

Agree with you for the most part but didn't we really want OrTre Smith. I know we weren't needing 3 WR's but I was under the impression that he had a committable offer. I would really like it if we were able to flip him.

Yes and no on Ortre

Nov 28, 2016, 11:22 AM

When you tell a player you're not taking another WR if he doesn't commit,the original DB/TE position you were offering him to start with looks more like it. That scholarship will now be used on a DB. Ortre wants to play WR, so it's USuC for him.

Re: Yes and no on Ortre

Nov 28, 2016, 12:10 PM

EVentually you will probably see Ortre play safety or TE for scar. The difference is we didn't lie to the kid.

He'd be perfect to replace Leggett.

Nov 28, 2016, 12:16 PM

So would Edwards,boyh want to play WR,just too much talent at that position @ Clemson.

Nov 28, 2016, 11:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Any decootments likely ]

TB83, great work as always. I do think they will get a few decent players here and there, but not enough difference makers. The ones they do get, often enough we could have scooped, but didn't commit as hard. It happens. Like with O. Smith, I think there is no question. Let's face it, we had full access to him, but he wasn't priority 1, or even 1A. Heck of a player that will probably be good, and I wish him well, but when you are option C in recruiting, to a teem DEEP with WRs, that dosn't spell a lot of playing time for a season, or even two. Look at Cain, T. Thompson, HR, RR Mac, Powell, Overton. I wish the young man had, and still does pick elsewhere, but you make your choices in life. I would love to flip X. Thomas, but if not, I feel we will be fine either way.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what evidence that he's a great recruiter?

Nov 28, 2016, 12:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Any decootments likely ]

Just curious, b/c I haven't seen or heard this. I heard his Flor. program actually went down as time went on, due to recruiting.

Nov 28, 2016, 11:27 AM

We can't let them rack up in 2018. SC is loaded with talent that cycle

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic