Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Any coots here who think you will win the game?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Any coots here who think you will win the game?

Nov 22, 2017, 12:24 PM

Just curious.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Any coots here who think you will win the game?

Nov 22, 2017, 12:28 PM

No.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Nov 22, 2017, 12:32 PM

I think we have a better team than we had last year. It certainly helps that Watson is gone probably the best quarterback at Clemson since Homer Jordan. I’m hoping for a win. I think this year will be a better game than last years blowout

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2017, 12:33 PM

Yeah we won’t get embarrassed like last year but their defensive line is too good. They just have to blitz us every play and we will fall apart.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you don't think you'll get embarrassed like last year?

Nov 22, 2017, 12:37 PM

Maybe so. Do you think you'll be embarrassed to a lesser extent?

Re: So you don't think you'll get embarrassed like last year?

Nov 22, 2017, 12:38 PM

Losing to the #3 team in the country isn’t really embarrassing when you’re a 14 point under dog.

So you don't think it will be embarrassing at all?***

Nov 22, 2017, 12:40 PM

Re: So you don't think it will be embarrassing at all?***

Nov 22, 2017, 12:51 PM

No. You guys haven’t embarrassed anyone this year other than maybe Louisville.

What point differential would be embarrassing?***

Nov 22, 2017, 12:57 PM

63-17?

Nov 22, 2017, 7:55 PM

Sirius kweshun...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What point differential would be embarrassing?***

Nov 22, 2017, 7:58 PM [ in reply to What point differential would be embarrassing?*** ]

Remember who you’re dealing with here. That fan base IS an embarrassment, they just don’t realize it. So, embarrassing them isn’t really an easy thing to do

Nov 22, 2017, 12:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Any coots here who think you will win the game? ]

Just a sidenote I really miss having the radio play Bob Fortin and Don Phillips. I think the most to iconic voices of all times for their college program

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2017, 12:41 PM

Bob Fulton. Yeah, he was great, and I'm a Tiger fan through and through, he was great to listen to.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did Mr. Fulton ### himself after every play where they didn't

Nov 22, 2017, 7:54 PM

lose yardage? "OOHHH gain of 2 on the play!"

Todd Ellis is a joke.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Nov 22, 2017, 12:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Any coots here who think you will win the game? ]

Bob Fortin is something we're used to around here but Don Phillips I don't know.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2017, 12:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Any coots here who think you will win the game? ]

Jim Philips and Bob Fulton were indeed one of a kind. The current announcers are a distinct disappointment by comparison! GC fans can be happy with eight wins and pray for a miracle Saturday while the Tigers finish the season playing for back to back to back state and ACC championships! The best is yet to come!

Go Tigers!

Nov 22, 2017, 2:48 PM

Jim Phillips and Bob Fulton got along well with other. I meet them at a Tiger's Christmas party many years ago. They were traveling together to several parties.

Nov 22, 2017, 12:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Any coots here who think you will win the game? ]

Yeah we won’t get embarrassed like last year but their defensive line is too good. They just have to blitz us every play and we will fall apart.

Nov 22, 2017, 12:53 PM

I am a Clemson Die Hard fan and I do not think it will be "As Bad" as last year. 38-10 Tigers. The Gamecock front 5 will not be able to handle the D line of the Tigers and will not give Floppy Bird Bentley time to throw. I think it will be scrappy for the first quarter and then the Tigers will slowly pull away.

Nov 22, 2017, 12:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Any coots here who think you will win the game? ]

Am curious why it won't be similar to last year. Usc is ranked 104th in total offense, clemson is ranked 7th in total defense against a much tougher schedule. The stats are heavy leaning towards clemson in almost every category. Emotion only gets them as far as the opening kickoff. It won't be close in my opinion.

Nov 22, 2017, 1:01 PM

Just another little tidbit,

Clemson is 12th in 3rd down conversions, USC is 63rd.

Clemson is 5th in 3rd down conversions defense, USC is 96th.

Its not going to be close, no matter how many coot players play the "revenge card".

Nov 22, 2017, 2:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Any coots here who think you will win the game? ]

Because while still very good, our O this year isn’t as explosive this year as last. For the most part, it simply hasn’t put up the points this year as last with the Citadel game being the outlier but i’m Not sure how much stock can be put on that one game.

It's hard to see how USC will score.

Nov 22, 2017, 7:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Any coots here who think you will win the game? ]

It will take a breakdown in both coverage and pass rush. I cannot see both happening on the same play.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Quick passes, trick plays

Nov 22, 2017, 7:56 PM

and if (big if) Clemson screws it up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh come on. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if it's a 4th

Nov 22, 2017, 7:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Any coots here who think you will win the game? ]

quarter game.

I have no clue what to expect with this one.

Anyone? Anyone at all?

Nov 22, 2017, 2:13 PM

So absolutely ZERO coots think they will win the game?

And thanks to the peckerhead who TD'd me for no reason. What kind of "man" are you, Bob?

If I was a coot...

Nov 22, 2017, 2:41 PM

I'd think strongly we're gonna get clobber-knocked.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you were a coot

Nov 22, 2017, 8:08 PM

you would be an idiot.

Mustcoot asks, "What's your favorite football team Tater-Bug?"

Tater-Bug says, "The Clemson Tigers "

So Mustcoot asks, "Well, why is that?"

Tater-Bug says, "Well, my dad is a Tiger fan, my mom is a Tiger fan, I guess that makes me a Tiger fan."

Mustcoot angered by his reply says, "If your dad was a moron and your mom was an idiot what would that make you?"

Tater-Bug says, "Well, I guess that would make me a South Carolina fan."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyone? Anyone at all?***

Nov 22, 2017, 7:41 PM [ in reply to Anyone? Anyone at all? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic