»
Topic: Any chance they pitch Roth against Manhattan?
Replies: 20   Last Post: May 28, 2012, 2:09 PM by: Clemson_Tigers
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 20  

Any chance they pitch Roth against Manhattan?

Posted: May 28, 2012, 12:27 PM

The rest of their team/pitching staff leaves a lot to be desired. We (and everyone else) just can't seem to hit that 82 MPH fastball.

Go Tigers!

No.***

Posted: May 28, 2012, 12:28 PM

Re: No.***

Posted: May 28, 2012, 12:55 PM

as lucky as he has been against us Tanner will hold him out!
can`t say I blame Tanner @ all.. this i setting up for the dirty c$$ts to get a cakewalk to Omaha again

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

Posted: May 28, 2012, 12:59 PM

are you implying that your own team will be a breeze to beat then? Is that where the cakewalk is?

Do you also mean a cakewalk last year when we were supposed to play your team in the Super Regionals as well? I'm genuinely confused.

But, to answer the actual thread's question, Jordan Montgomery or Holmes will more than likely go Friday, maybe even Koumas. Roth will be pitching Saturday.

Posted: May 28, 2012, 1:09 PM

I'll answer that. I don't think beating Clemson or CCU and then UVA is a cakewalk. But beating this Clemson team isn't a real noteworthy accomplishment. We have been wildly inconsistent all year and are missing our best 2 arms (one will give it a go in the bullpen).

Some days Clemson can come out and play really good baseball. Then, more often than not, they'll turn around and tally 2 hits and 3 errors. It's been a frustrating season. Definitely excited to have the chance to beat SC in their own stadium, though. Much better than us going across the country to play Oregon or someone.

I'm looking forward to the match up as well

Posted: May 28, 2012, 1:18 PM

I wasn't trying to bash Clemson, just wondering why he would put down his own team to make it seem easy for South Carolina.

Re: I'm looking forward to the match up as well

Posted: May 28, 2012, 1:41 PM

I was trying to bash coots!!!

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Posted: May 28, 2012, 1:25 PM

South Carolina's starting rotation is a big question mark heading into the post season. Outside of Roth, they have been very inconsistent. Holmes can be very good at times but very average at others. The freshman lefty is the same.

Posted: May 28, 2012, 1:39 PM

I can't believe you missed the clue. They are saying that all coots are chit eaters....

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

you must have deeply connected sources***

[1]
Posted: May 28, 2012, 1:24 PM

2020 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg

LOL You got me.***

[1]
Posted: May 28, 2012, 1:33 PM

None whatsoever***

Posted: May 28, 2012, 12:29 PM

Re: None whatsoever***

Posted: May 28, 2012, 12:30 PM

Figured. More wishful thinking on my part

Re: Any chance they pitch Roth against Manhattan?

Posted: May 28, 2012, 12:29 PM

Need to focus on Coastal first. If not careful, we might not even play the coots. Coastal's ace is very good.

They could hold him out

Posted: May 28, 2012, 1:08 PM

until Saturday and try to beat us with their #2, that'd be our best odds.

Re: Any chance they pitch Roth against Manhattan?

Posted: May 28, 2012, 12:31 PM

probably not....but to be successful in this regional, we'll have to face him at some point undoubtedly

2020 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

I'll be there

Posted: May 28, 2012, 12:35 PM

I think we roll through this regional then get a chance at the wahoos in Charlottesville. Jack needs to get the coot monkey off his back or get gone.

Slim to none.***

Posted: May 28, 2012, 12:47 PM

2020 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Roth will pitch against Manhattan...

[2]
Posted: May 28, 2012, 1:31 PM

Tanner has always thrown his #1 guy in the first game as he knows it is almost impossible to make your way out of the losers bracket if you lose game one. Also, Manhattan's ace is 11-1 this year and we can't take the risk he shuts our guys down and have to rely on Montgomery or Holmes to win a 2-1 type game.

Good to know

Posted: May 28, 2012, 1:34 PM

helps our chances somewhat assuming we make it past Coastal.

Please pitch Fat Boy Colby Holmes

Posted: May 28, 2012, 2:09 PM

Colby Holmes will be a perfect choice for the Manhattan vs USUCK matchup.

Replies: 20  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: SEASON TICKETS FOR 2021 Lower Deck Section T, row 18, seats 5 & 7, plus a parking pass. $1900

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
1380 people have read this post