Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Any John Daily Fans out there??? (Sorry if German)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Any John Daily Fans out there??? (Sorry if German)

Sep 11, 2020, 12:42 PM

John has withdrawn from several tournaments this past August due to illness . . . Turns out his illness is an aggressive, reoccurring bladder cancer . . . The growth was removed and he'll be rechecked every 3 months . . . The regrowth will be removed again and again . . .

Prayers for his battle!!! Best wishes to him . . . No one can say he has cheated life!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Any John Daily Fans out there??? (Sorry if German)

Sep 11, 2020, 1:10 PM

I'm not sure he has any fans but thanks for the update. That cancer is very difficult to beat. Don't know if his lifestyle had anything to do with it but he enjoys nightlife 24 hours a day. He can flat out boom a golf ball. If he could have remained sober, he would have been one of the greatest.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2020, 1:14 PM

Saw part of an interview with him yesterday. Hope he can put up a good fight against it.
Will need lots of prayers. Enjoyed watching him play when his game was on.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Sep 11, 2020, 1:17 PM

He's been a colorful stepchild to the staid golf family. Wish him the best!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've always pulled for him and would follow him around

Sep 11, 2020, 1:23 PM

a little bit at the Masters back when he could qualify. Funny that in the years he lost his qualifications he'd be out on Washington Road (beside Windsor Jewelers if memory serves) in a giant SUV selling his merchandise. Some years ago I noticed his SUV was not there and was told that he'd moved his operation down to Hooters...perhaps a more fitting venue for John. Wish him the best in his fight!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2020, 1:34 PM

hoping for a complete recovery. Prayers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2020, 2:22 PM

I have enjoyed watching Daly over the years. He does not march to a different drummer. He is the different drummer. I don't know all the details, but from reading between the lines, Daly's prognosis isn't necessarily bad. He definitely needs to stop smoking as that is indeed a very common cause of bladder cancer. There is no proof however that the aspartame in Diet Coke increases the risk of bladder cancer. His alcohol usage is not a risk factor for bladder cancer. About 1/3 of bladder cancers at the time of diagnosis are invading into the muscle layer of the bladder and typically require removal of the entire bladder. The other 2/3 of the cases, which sounds like Daly's, are superficial. They can be treated by scoping the bladder under anesthesia and removing the growths. This is typically an out patient procedure or overnight at the most. Depending on the aggressiveness of the type of tumor, the patient may be recommended to have treatments instilled into the bladder in the urologist's office. It is routine to require a cystoscopic exam every 3 months for at least 2 years in the urologist's office and then every 6 months for 3 years and then annually for a while. He may well have a recurrence which still potentially can be treated endoscopically. I too hope he does well! If he stops smoking, I suspect he will do just fine. For you Tigers out there still smoking, stop for your own good. Lung cancer gets all the publicity regarding side effects from smoking. Another beautiful side effect of smoking is ED. Ok, my sermon is over! I'm retired now, but spent my working days taking care of folks like JD. Again, it's not by a long shot a death sentence.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2020, 2:04 PM

I'm positive that God will do what's best for all humans on this planet....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic