Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler's Blog: Wednesday Email Bag
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,428

Plyler's Blog: Wednesday Email Bag

Dec 30, 2015, 9:28 AM

Wednesday Email Bag

Wednesday Email Bag
Each Friday I publish your comments and answer your questions, but we will be off the next two days. Next week we will get back to this being the Friday blog. To submit a comment or questions please email me at mickeyplyler@hotmail.com.

Hi Mickey,

I have

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Plyler's Blog: Wednesday Email Bag

Dec 30, 2015, 10:21 AM

I lost interest in Clemson Basketball during the Cliff Ellis years... I hated watching him coach, he could recruit well but I was not a fan of his coaching. I loved the Barnes years and almost wept when he left. But Purnell's teams were fun to watch but did not have the toughness of Barnes' teams.
I have seen Brownell's teams consistently improve as the season progressed and players year over year. But I have been disappointed in this years team as well as last years.

When basketball was fun to watch at LittleJohn was when the students had one side and season ticket holders had the other. If you want students to go to the game then let them have good seats. I hate watching a game from under the basket. If you want to win games then you have to have students at the games. No coaching change will help if the students feel that the administration values season ticket holders more than the students! Which is how I felt when the put the students at the ends of the court.

Re: Plyler's Blog: Wednesday Email Bag

Dec 30, 2015, 8:49 PM

I agree. Also we should not forget that current students are a great source (the source) of future boosters and season-ticket holders. If you can't get them there as students now, are you going to be able to get in the seats later as boosters? Plant the students around the court now and grow the excitement, interest and loyalty.

Answer to last Question / Time Slot?

Dec 31, 2015, 9:42 AM

ESPiN is broadcasting the games, if you notice the schedule, SEC has had all the Prime time Spots unless they are playing an ACC team?

Just throwing that out there.

Go Tigers BASH da b00mers!

Clemson's negative basketball culture is deeply ingrained ..

Dec 31, 2015, 2:46 PM

It's every bit as permanently embedded at Duke/Wake Forest football culture.

Maybe more so.

You can't turn a super tanker around quickly, it takes determination, patience and time.

The first step IMHO is just what we've done ... invest a bunch of money in a nice basketball facility that provides the things the coaches and the current and future players want and need as well as a better place for the fans.

The next step is to fully expect and actually demand that the coaches produce a consistent winner with the aid of those facilities and the financial support they represent.

When the new facility opens for business, no more excuses ... either the existing coaches get it done, or we hire new ones.

The Clemson administration and the Athletic Department finally appear to be "All In" for hoops.

Change the culture, change the outcome ... no more excuses!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,428
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic