Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Another poll showing Graham and Harrison tied in SC. WTH?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 874

Another poll showing Graham and Harrison tied in SC. WTH?

Aug 6, 2020, 3:59 PM

This is crazy. Who'da thunk it?

Will Republicans finally get enthusiastic about Graham?

https://wach.com/news/local/new-poll-shows-harrison-tied-with-graham

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They've been saying that since the beginning of the year

Aug 6, 2020, 4:13 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, they haven't. Regardless, the polls now show it to

Aug 6, 2020, 4:29 PM

be true. Looking into the numbers, Graham has a problem. He has a 45% unfavorable rating and only a 41% favorable rating.

And we still have about 90 days left of Trump being Trump. That will pull Lindsey further down.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah they have

Aug 6, 2020, 4:35 PM

and now they are tied.

Aug 6, 2020, 4:39 PM

The unfavorable ratings for Graham in both the poll you posted and the one I posted for and Trump's plunge in the months since probably explain the movement towards Harrison.

With 90 days to go, the trend is not your friend.

Re: Yeah they have

Aug 6, 2020, 9:04 PM [ in reply to Yeah they have ]

Maybe there's another poll you're looking at, but this one had Trump over Clinton by 16 points in September 2016.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4lhKxf9pMitUjZhbDJwVGQteTA/view

Re: Yeah they have

Aug 6, 2020, 9:18 PM

Chuckie, prepare thy anus

Aug 6, 2020, 6:21 PM [ in reply to No, they haven't. Regardless, the polls now show it to ]

You will has a disappoint....

Re: They've been saying that since the beginning of the year

Aug 6, 2020, 4:50 PM [ in reply to They've been saying that since the beginning of the year ]

Not "yawn". One of my son's friends decided to get into politics and joined Graham's campaign after high school. Word a month ago, anyhow, was that there was a pervasive sense of doom and gloom in the campaign - they legit think they're going to lose, and Graham is tense as a snake and lashing out at everybody in reach. The veterans on his staff are apparently worried sick.

They apparently think they caught a perfect storm with Harrison. He's too well-funded, knows too many of the right people, has too many really good political operators working for him, at a time when Graham is uniquely vulnerable owing to both the Trump administration...and the fact that Trump supporters have never been wildly enthusiastic about Graham despite his best efforts to jump from McCain's camp into Trump's.

At the end of the day it's still hard to see a state as red as ours go for a Democrat, but Graham is without question in the fight of his life right now.

I'm honestly not worried about Graham

Aug 6, 2020, 4:55 PM

Re: I'm honestly not worried about Graham

Aug 6, 2020, 5:11 PM

Trump is just about out of time.

He doesn't have 90 days to turn this around - he apparently has about 45 or less, because this is going to be an incredibly heavy vote-by-mail election (regardless of Trump's hostility to it) and precisely because of Trump's hostility to mail voting Biden is apparently all but certain to dominate the mail-in vote...which could put the thing out of reach before the debates or late jockeying or weird circumstance (like, say, Comey announcing Hillary was "probably guilty" of national security leaks two weeks before the election) can have the effect they did last time around.

The other big problem could well be, especially because Trump's voter base tends to be older to begin with, that - in-person voter turnout is likely to be much lower than usual if COVID is still any kind of thing...which again, favors Biden mightily.

Trump's own campaign guys are worried this could be effectively over by late September. Trump has to start moving the needle, and in a hurry...and 41-42% approval (which he's never really exceeded for any length of time) is going to get him crushed.

A lot of us conservatives have been dying to see LG go

Aug 6, 2020, 5:15 PM [ in reply to Re: They've been saying that since the beginning of the year ]

For many elections now.

I just wish my wish coming true happened during a larger (R) majority.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wouldn't have cared if he got primaried

Aug 6, 2020, 5:19 PM

I’d be fine with that with a few more seats to burn.

Aug 6, 2020, 5:21 PM

A) don’t live there anymore
B) he’d have to be a Fritz Hollings style Dem in upstate S.C. if he wanted more than a single term.
C) B probably wouldn’t happen so it would end up being a one term strong message.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’d be fine with that with a few more seats to burn.

Aug 6, 2020, 5:30 PM

I'd say it says that we're finally tired of go-along to

Aug 6, 2020, 5:53 PM

get-along say-whatever-it-takes career politicians whose favorite color is plaid.

Maybe more pubs embarrassed to admit who they're voting for.***

Aug 6, 2020, 4:47 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's the only possible explanation.***

Aug 6, 2020, 4:49 PM

Crazy that deep red GOP's will be so ashamed

Aug 6, 2020, 5:24 PM [ in reply to Maybe more pubs embarrassed to admit who they're voting for.*** ]

to vote for a crappy GOP guy but will still do it because so many of their peers have convinced them that even a moderate dem will come in in kill their kids in the middle of the night while taking their guns.

Insane.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Theys gon put y'all back in chains!

Aug 6, 2020, 6:56 PM

Hard to believe.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Or maybe because Graham sucks....

Aug 6, 2020, 5:08 PM

And they’ve voted the status quo for years and instead of a GOP challenger taking his seat now they have a decent Dem opposing a piece of trash and it’s not working out for the GOP.

But it’s not my state, so.....

Graham will win by 10.***

Aug 6, 2020, 5:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Another poll showing Graham and Harrison tied in SC. WTH?

Aug 6, 2020, 5:24 PM

you dont need to elect a democrat, you already have graham

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2020, 5:24 PM

What do pollsters do? Call a land line? Nobody I know answers an unknown caller on cell phone. What demographic is answering an unknown land line call.? I wouldn’t pay too much attention to these polls. Just an opinion.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've had many political calls come to my cell***

Aug 6, 2020, 5:25 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Re: Another poll showing Graham and Harrison tied in SC. WTH?***

Aug 6, 2020, 6:26 PM

Aug 6, 2020, 6:28 PM

You should bet the house. Good payout if Graham is defeated.

https://bookies.com/news/senate-races-odds-tracker

did anyone polls the male hookers of SC?

Aug 6, 2020, 10:37 PM

actually Graham would still lose...i read he's a bad tipper

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Abolish Qualified Immunity

Aug 6, 2020, 11:19 PM

Unlike some on here, I don’t like to make bold statements because I don’t follow these things as closely as others. For this ballot, I’ll make an exception. Barring some illegal pron video, there’s no way in hell that Graham loses this race. Any poll that has this close is a joke and shouldn’t be trusted.

This is a Presidential election year, so turnout will be

Aug 7, 2020, 8:31 AM

higher and Graham wins easily. If it were a non-Presidential election then I'd believe that Graham may not get voters to the polls, but Trump voters will show up to vote for Trump.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 29
| visibility 874
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic