Replies: 9   Last Post: Oct 20, 2020 11:42 AM by: aerozeptallica
[ General Boards - The Lounge ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 9  

Another magny football post

[4]
Posted: Oct 20, 2020 10:08 AM
14.jpg(66.1 K)

Lyn_J looked good 2 years ago. But something is off. I sure don't see any progress. And there has to be a reason we play so many other RB's instead of giving him more reps. Someone has to be the man next year. That brings me to Kobe Pace. (#14).

Why not give him more reps, instead of Rencher, Mellusi, Dukes, and Dixon. None of those will be the feature back next year?

Re: Another magny football post

[4]
Posted: Oct 20, 2020 10:10 AM

All non-ETN RBs on the roster now are just placeholders until the reincarnation of Christian McCaffrey gets to CU in January.

Re: Another magny football post

[1]
Posted: Oct 20, 2020 10:25 AM

We need a big back too. Pace 215... could be 225 by next year.

Mmmmmm.... 225# RB.

Two things...

[1]
Posted: Oct 20, 2020 10:28 AM

Dixon's knee injury may have been a little more serious than was released to the general public, and you have to factor in that even as the offensive line continues to progress, they aren't quite the same meat-grinding machine that allowed backs in the last two years to run through truck-sized holes between the tackles. Dixon has gotten a significant amount of snaps, but just hasn't broken some of the chunk plays that he was able to in the past. He's done a very respectable job this year, but not every running back we have is going to be Travis Etienne.

Are you kidding, we aren't going to

[1]
Posted: Oct 20, 2020 10:56 AM

be able to keep getting arguably the best ever at every position then replace them with someone arguably better?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

I may have overrated him after running for like 300 yards

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 10:30 AM

vs WF a couple of years ago, but I thought he was going to give ETN a challenge for #1.

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Running back might be the only recruiting "miss"...

[1]
Posted: Oct 20, 2020 10:56 AM

on this team the past few years.
Does not appear to be much talent behind ETN, although #14 looked much improved last game.

2020 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

I think all those cats will be fine

[1]
Posted: Oct 20, 2020 10:59 AM

as a committee. Obviously losing Bowman wasn't ideal. We just got spoiled having Gallman become great then ETN reaching Spiller type level of legendary.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Yep.

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 11:38 AM

For all we know, Bowman could be a guy that never pans out anywhere. Gallman and Etienne weren't exactly the crown jewels of their recruiting classes. Getting kids on campus and coaching them up is where we started to notice them. I'd say We actually do a fairly respectable job of that, so maybe we reserve judgement on whether guys like Pace and Mellusi can carry the load. We have two really good ones coming in next class, so we'll be just fine totin' the rock.

I think people need to also remember that

[1]
Posted: Oct 20, 2020 11:42 AM

we don't have to have legends at every spot to win championships. A solid passing QB during the Kelly Brant year and maybe we win one with the likes of Cain and McCloud at WR.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Replies: 9  
[ General Boards - The Lounge ]
Start New Topic
192 people have read this post