Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Another half full (or half empty) hill complaint
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,824

Another half full (or half empty) hill complaint

Nov 4, 2018, 8:02 PM

I was at the game on Saturday and just rewatched the broadcast on YouTube. As someone else mentioned earlier, there was a nice little moment ABC did to start the game which led into our guys running down the hill. It was the 400th time it’s happened in Clemson history, and there was maybe 50 people on the left side of the hill.

I know it was fall break. I know it was against 2-6 Louisville. I know it was a noon game. You can literally come up with every excuse of why not to go and stand on the hill this past Saturday and I would somewhat get it.

However, I am having my doubts that this administration, IPTAY, student leadership and ultimately the students are going to get this right. It’s been a little better this year I guess but it’s still not fixed. The hill needs to be full each and every game and if that means making it General Admission, then so be it.

I know this is like beating a dead horse around here. But watching the boys run down the hill in person is just not the same to me anymore when I see more green than orange. Best is the the standard right? Then everyone needs to step up and fix this issue/stop accepting excuses.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Another half full (or half empty) hill complaint

Nov 4, 2018, 8:05 PM

Nov 4, 2018, 8:19 PM

How many of us on this board who complain about the lack of students filling Section GG would volunteer to sit on the hill if it was changed to "First Come, First Served" or General Admission?

I can't understand the Fire Marshall limiting the number of people in that area. The space required for a person sitting on the ground is more than the space allotted to those sitting in the stands, and those in the stands are sitting closer together than those on the hill. A few wide bodied fans in the stands that encroach on their side mates can make for a sardine packed stadium.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wouldn’t trade because I have season tickets.

Nov 4, 2018, 8:38 PM

But those who don’t have them, I’d much rather be on the hill rather than up in the upper deck corners. At least it’s a ticket in the game and a front row view.

Correct. The University promised to fix it and they failed

Nov 4, 2018, 8:46 PM

big time.

Nov 5, 2018, 10:06 AM

# Make the Hill Great Again...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why not sell the tickets to people that want to go to the

Nov 5, 2018, 10:08 AM

game? I, like many, don't get it. I went to every game as a student and this is the best Clemson has ever been.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2018, 10:16 AM

Clemson football is the biggest thing in the state. It controls more revenue and brand marketing than any private business or public entity in South Carolina. The only thing that adequately explains this fire code nonsense is that somewhere, there is a bitter coot involved. We, the fans, need to locate said coot and have him removed from office. The number of people lost to concrete fires will remain zero.

What do y’all think about putting actual seating

Nov 5, 2018, 11:27 AM

Why not let Hill tickets enter from Gate 1 on south side

Nov 5, 2018, 11:40 AM

Or Gate 5 on north side of stadium so Hill gets full coverage from both sides?

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,824
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic